GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg calls out Spezza

+7
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
mattshock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/10/7358856-sun.html

He does raise a good point. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Spezza basher, but that line hasn't been clicking like it could be. If the 1st and 2nd lines started playing up to their potential at the same time, they would be a really difficult team to play against.

So far I like the defencive approach to the game. Pretty soon when they all get more comfortable with the new system, they will also find the more opportune times to get some goals.

2Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm surprised he didn't have anything to add about Vermette. I'm even more surprised that he specifically said he had no problem with Heatley. Has Spezza really been that bad, relatively speaking? It's not like Heatley has been MVP calibre over that stretch.

Glad to hear that Hartsburg is keeping his eye on the calendar. It's been 6 games and they'd better produce tomorrow if they want to see 8 games. Thing is, from what little I've seen (3 of those 6) there is no chemistry between Vermette and the other two. It's like the two don't know (or care?) that the third is out there (and vice versa). This may very well be Vermette's last chance to stick around in Ottawa, and it doesn't appear that Spezza or Heatley are trying to get him some points.

3Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about instead of "calling out" players in the media, maybe Hartsburgh can start putting words into actions. He preaches accountability in interviews, but I've seen ZERO! Cut some ice time bench someone other than a 4th liner. Don't just yap!

- Unknown Author

4Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe this is just step one in his "accountability" plan. Next step may be to start cutting back minutes or whatever.

5Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I sure hope so Shabbs.

- Unknown Author

6Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:23 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He'll have to be playing at his "two-way" best tomorrow against the Habs.

7Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:He'll have to be playing at his "two-way" best tomorrow against the Habs.
Indeed. Big test for the Sens. Habs will be hungry after losing to the Leafs on HNIC.

8Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great luck we've had with the NHL's Elite teams eh? Freakin' Leafs.

First the Leafs beat Detroit and then Detroit come in and beats us NOW the Leafs beat Montreal and we get to face them next :x

- Unknown Author

9Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It definitely has blowout written all over it.

Then again, with Auld back in net (hopefully, I haven't heard anything official), maybe they get tickin' again, and build some momentum from a big win.

10Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Here's hoping that Auld is back in and we get the win. I want the Sens to stick it to the Habs. Smile

11Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spezza rules! wrote:Here's hoping that Auld is back in and we get the win. I want the Sens to stick it to the Habs. Smile
Same here... we'll see who Hartsburg goes back with. If it is Auld and the team steps up it's play in front of him... the message should be clear.

12Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about instead of "calling out" players in the media, maybe Hartsburgh can start putting words into actions. He preaches accountability in interviews, but I've seen ZERO! Cut some ice time bench someone other than a 4th liner. Don't just yap!

I totally disagree with you...there is absolutely no need to bench this early in the season...especially one of your top players...

13Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure how I feel about benching a guy. Has it been shown to work in the past?

I'd think accountability should be more about giving opportunities to the guys that are earning it (1st unit PP time for example), rather than putting a top player in the press box, but then again, I'm no coach.

14Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:31 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm actually worried for tomorrow's tilt with the Habs. They'll be presumably pissed about their game on Saturday and may come out both barrels firing; so hopefully Auld is still rarin' to go and can find his momentum again.
Also, after a disgraceful outing, especially in the 3rd against the Canes on Friday, I hope ALL the players come out angry and ready to play.

15Hartsburg calls out Spezza Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about instead of "calling out" players in the media, maybe Hartsburgh can start putting words into actions. He preaches accountability in interviews, but I've seen ZERO! Cut some ice time bench someone other than a 4th liner. Don't just yap!

I totally disagree with you...there is absolutely no need to bench this early in the season...especially one of your top players...

Fine, then cut ice time. Do something other than talk.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum