GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg to Spezza - Play better or Sit

+8
asq2
PKC
PTFlea
wprager
Snuh
SeawaySensFan
Bramlet07
SensGirl11
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Hartsburg to Spezza - Play better or Sit Empty Hartsburg to Spezza - Play better or Sit Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

As per the Ottawa Sun;

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/19/7806301.html

If Spezza can't perform with his new linemates, Hartsburg says he'd have no choice but to sit him.

We'll see if that puts some jump in his step.

Do you think he's being serious? He's said it before...

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

He should sit him first. As he hasent been playing well

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza to Hartsburg - Suck my ***s.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:As per the Ottawa Sun;

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/19/7806301.html

If Spezza can't perform with his new linemates, Hartsburg says he'd have no choice but to sit him.

We'll see if that puts some jump in his step.

Do you think he's being serious? He's said it before...

Why focus on Spezza? Why not sit Heatley, who hasn't been playing well either. Why not sit Vermette? He's by far the most under performing player on this team. I get where Hartsburg is coming from, but the entire team is playing like Dung.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why call Spezza out?

He has responded in the past when being called out, so that probably has something to do with it.

Heatley could be affected by Spezza's play. That's the nature of their arrangement, all he does is get open and crank it.

Vermette is potential trade bait so you don't want to call any more attention to his lack of production (although why they don't make him a permanent centre is beyong me -- Kelly takes more face offs for cryin' out loud).

I'm just glad we have a coach that is willing to come out and say things like this.....and act on it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater to Alfredsson, Heatley, Vermette and Fisher:

Play better or sit.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why not just sit all of the top guns and bring up all of Bingo to show them how it's done. That's one thing that should happen. Have them all sit in the freaking pressbox and watch the young guys with the will and the desire to play in the NHL to show them how it's done.

These guys have gotten way too comfortable with sucking.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Spezza has become everyone's favourite punching bag, there are others that should be called out.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:504Heater to Alfredsson, Heatley, Vermette and Fisher:

Play better or sit.

Alfredsson and Heatley to 504Heater, Suck my ***s.

Vermette to 504Heater, Suce ma poche.

Fisher to 504Heater, Asking me to sit makes Baby Jesus cry.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:Why not just sit all of the top guns and bring up all of Bingo to show them how it's done. That's one thing that should happen. Have them all sit in the freaking pressbox and watch the young guys with the will and the desire to play in the NHL to show them how it's done.

It has the potential to backfire horribly if the team loses 11-2. I think it has to be one or two at a time.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Why not just sit all of the top guns and bring up all of Bingo to show them how it's done. That's one thing that should happen. Have them all sit in the freaking pressbox and watch the young guys with the will and the desire to play in the NHL to show them how it's done.

It has the potential to backfire horribly if the team loses 11-2. I think it has to be one or two at a time.

Would that really make a difference at this point though? I don't really think that matters too much.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well SSF, that would be 5 games each for talking back. You wanna talk the talk, you walk the walk.

Also. Vermette never plays for me again. End of story.

I know you were kidding, but that kind of response in the NHL gets you prime time seats to watch the game. From the pressbox.

Hartsburg is coaching for his job now, he needs to back this up. And it can't be selective. It has to be everyone.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Well SSF, that would be 5 games each for talking back. You wanna talk the talk, you walk the walk.

I know you were kidding, but that kind of response in the NHL gets you prime time seats to watch the game. From the pressbox.

Hartsburg is coaching for his job now, he needs to back this up. And it can't be selective. It has to be everyone.

I'm just illustrating the fact that these coach killers will not take kindly to threats from Craig "Not Ready for Primetime" Hartsburg.

Vermette has a much better attitude than that, anyway. I think he's proven that he's a company man already.

504Heater wrote:Well SSF, that would be 5 games each for talking back. You wanna talk the talk, you walk the walk.

Hartsberg is not coaching for his job, he wont be coaching for his job for a long time. The last thing that happens in Ottawa is another coaching change.

And as for sitting Vermette, Alfie and Fisher, why would you sit the guys that are putting in 100% effort every night despite a lack of production. Talk about sending the wrong message,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum