GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators: Auld to get the start in TBay

+4
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Signing Auld for 2 years may have been the best decision Murray made all year. Next year our goaltending will be the best deal in the league. Less then 2 mil for perhaps 2 starters!!

How much longer does everyone think Vermette has left here?

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Vermette could very well be gone by Christmas.

That said, Murray has fended off advances for this guy before, maybe he sees something we don't. Me? I think he's had his chance, and he's expendable.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Never mind Shabbs I forgot that no one will have this game as there's no one covering it period!

No, no, don't stop him. He's got a sure-fire thing here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Yeah great plan Shabbs. The slogen can be something like this.

Wanna get plastered? Can't because you've got the kids? Don't worry we'll take care of them while you get wasted :lol!:

We'll supply the designated sitter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Signing Auld for 2 years may have been the best decision Murray made all year. Next year our goaltending will be the best deal in the league. Less then 2 mil for perhaps 2 starters!!

Deadline next year - unless some team blows us away. This guy is ready to start IMO, he looks good with Speatley - but he'd look even better centering the 2nd line.

21Senators: Auld to get the start in TBay - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators: Auld to get the start in TBay Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:40 pm

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Signing Auld for 2 years may have been the best decision Murray made all year. Next year our goaltending will be the best deal in the league. Less then 2 mil for perhaps 2 starters!!

Deadline next year - unless some team blows us away. This guy is ready to start IMO, he looks good with Speatley - but he'd look even better centering the 2nd line.

I think he has been absolutly awful all year. He is soft on the puck, isnt going to the net, and is having trouble playing with both Heatley and Spezza. The team is winning right now, well at least 2 in a row, so I wouldnt mess with the chemistry, but if hard times hit the Sens again, that is the guy I would make a healthy scratch to send a message.

PS this Ducks and Canucks game is just insane.

22Senators: Auld to get the start in TBay - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators: Auld to get the start in TBay Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:13 am

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I think he has been absolutly awful all year. He is soft on the puck, isnt going to the net, and is having trouble playing with both Heatley and Spezza. The team is winning right now, well at least 2 in a row, so I wouldnt mess with the chemistry, but if hard times hit the Sens again, that is the guy I would make a healthy scratch to send a message.

This is the opportunity that Vermette has been asking for a several season now. It's put up or shut up time. Show the team that you are a legit scoring threat. If you can produce with these two guys, maybe you are simply just a 3rd liner. So far, he hasn't produced points but its still early. My guess is that this is his last year in Ottawa, if he makes it past the deadline.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:

This is the opportunity that Vermette has been asking for a several season now. It's put up or shut up time. Show the team that you are a legit scoring threat. If you can produce with these two guys, maybe you are simply just a 3rd liner. So far, he hasn't produced points but its still early. My guess is that this is his last year in Ottawa, if he makes it past the deadline.

I kind of get the feeling that if he's traded at some point he's going to turn out like Ribeiro and turn it around with a new team. Hope he turns it around with us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum