GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winchester out 3 weeks, Elliott to start vs TBay

+6
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
beerandsens
asq2
Sens19
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just saw this in the Ottawa Sun...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/20/11014146.html

Still calling it a lower body injury.

Also of note in that article, Elliott will get the start against TBay and is expected to play the full 60 min.

Regin is officially on the team. Huge opportunity for a lot of guys to show their worth now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Regin is officially on the team. Huge opportunity for a lot of guys to show their worth now.
Excellent point... certainly an oppty for him to really show what he's got if they keep him around to fill the spot, which they should from what we've seen so far.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I feel bad for Winchester but I'm super excited for to seeing more of Regin

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Any news on Volchenkov?

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is where our depth is obvious. Guys go down to injury and a new guy steps right in. It should be like this all year I would think.

Sens19 wrote:I feel bad for Winchester but I'm super excited for to seeing more of Regin

Winchester isnt going anywhere, dont worry. Kelly is the guy that will probably have a 2nd chance at life here.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Sens19 wrote:I feel bad for Winchester but I'm super excited for to seeing more of Regin

Winchester isnt going anywhere, dont worry. Kelly is the guy that will probably have a 2nd chance at life here.

I hope you are right i like winchester and i would hate to see him lose his spot on the team permanently because of an injury

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

N4L wrote:

I hope you are right i like winchester and i would hate to see him lose his spot on the team permanently because of an injury
like Cody Bass?

beerandsens wrote:

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

N4L wrote:

like Cody Bass?

Totally different situations, one being a 1 way contract. Kelly having the 2.1 mil deal will end up hurting him as an Ottawa Senator.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Any news on Volchenkov?
I haven't seen anything since they called it a "lower body injury".

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:Any news on Volchenkov?
I haven't seen anything since they called it a "lower body injury".

huh? Volchie is injured too?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, he was taken out of the game for precautionary reasons. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as long as Winchester.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks for Winchester, but this guy isn't going anywhere for what he brings vs what he makes. Regin or Smith will need to make it so the Sens have no choice but to send them back the AHL after this, trade someone (not Winchester or Neil) then bring them back.

But they have to really seize this opportunity.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Too bad for Winchester. I was really hoping to see him maturing into a defensively sound agitator/fighter.

Speaking of fights, how badly does Donovin want on this team? Getting into a preseason scrap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum