GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's next captain...?

+9
The Silfer Server
beedub
Laker
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
Number Twenty Nine
mattshock
PKC
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Before Heater arrived I would have thought Spezza would take the C at some point but now I'm thinking it's gonna be Heater. Let's hope Alfie rubs off on him enough in 3 or 4 years that he is hard worker shift in shift out both on and off the ice. :D

Yeah hopefully, cause there are some nights where it looks like it's only Alfredsson playing out there...

17Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:23 pm

Laker

Prospect
Prospect

In 4 years I hope Foligno is wearing an A ...

18Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:28 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Alfie gets better every year. He's got another 10 in the tank.

19Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:36 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I think Clutch nailed it. Heatley for sure. They are already grooming him for the role. And he's responding. By the time that Alfie retires, Heatley be clear number 1 choice

20Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:24 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm on board with that school of thought.

Heatley played well with the C.

21Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Heater is the best choice. I'm just saying that is what's likely to happen based on what's happening now. I personally would not have chosen Heatley for the "C".

- Unknown Author

22Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:33 pm

C- Phillips( 'til he retires in the next two years)
A- Heatley
A-Volchenkov

then

C-Heatley
A-Volchie
A- Fisher/Spezza(rotating)

23Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally would not have chosen Heatley for the "C".
Don't leave us hanging...

24Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Im not even kidding, the way it looks like Harstberg is grooming Spezza, I would not be surprised if he over the course of time earns that C.

Now, last year I would have said you are mental, and he shouldnt even be here right now, but the progress I think he has made and what hartsberg is doing speaks volumes.

25Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:42 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Im not even kidding, the way it looks like Harstberg is grooming Spezza, I would not be surprised if he over the course of time earns that C.

Now, last year I would have said you are mental, and he shouldnt even be here right now, but the progress I think he has made and what hartsberg is doing speaks volumes.
what about Spezz and Heat rotating captaincy, a la Briere/Drury?

26Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:43 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Are we going to keep this thread going for four years?

27Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Im not even kidding, the way it looks like Harstberg is grooming Spezza, I would not be surprised if he over the course of time earns that C.

I never liked that. Pick your captain and stand by your decision. It should have been Drury and Drurly alone.

Nothing is dumber than the one-month 'C'... My opinion.

28Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Are we going to keep this thread going for four years?
Yes.

29Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:48 pm

mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I never liked that. Pick your captain and stand by your decision. It should have been Drury and Drurly alone.

Nothing is dumber than the one-month 'C'... My opinion.
i was thinking one at home and one away

30Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:52 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

We should all make our official votes now.

First Choice: Heatley

Dark Horse: Foligno

Person I think will still be on the team but will NOT be Captain: Lee

Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Chris Kelly might have a shot at it too. He captained in Bingo I believe, and exemplifies the definition of hard work.

31Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:01 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:We should all make our official votes now.

First Choice: Heatley

Dark Horse: Foligno

Person I think will still be on the team but will NOT be Captain: Lee

Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Chris Kelly might have a shot at it too. He captained in Bingo I believe, and exemplifies the definition of hard work.

First Choice: Phillips

Dark Horse: Cody Bass

Person I think will still be on the team but will NOT be Captain: Alexandre Picard

32Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Captain: Mike Fisher

Assistant Captain: Chris Phillips
Assistant Captain: Dany Heatley

First in lines for a letters:

1.Jason Spezza

33Ottawa's next captain...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa's next captain...? Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:Captain: Mike Fisher

Assistant Captain: Chris Phillips
Assistant Captain: Dany Heatley

First in lines for a letters:

1.Jason Spezza

I would give preference to life-long Senators, so I'd take Spezza over Heatley, all other things being equal. However they are not.

Phillips is my first choice, hands down. What he said to the rookies during the summer blew me away (for those that missed it or do not remember, hs said something to the effect "Don't think you don't have a chance just because of all the veterans here; Do your best to compete anyway; we *want you* to try to take ou jobs away").

Second choice would be Fisher and Spezza. They are both behind Phillips because of age/experience. I am not 100% convinced about Fisher being a good leader, though. He's the epitome of the hard worker, and I'm sure everyone likes him, but does he have it in him to say the stuff that's not easy to say? The stuff that's not going to make you popular?

You're probably wondering why, given my comments on Fisher, did I put Spezza's name there. Well, quite frankly, for the potential. I've seen changes and improvements in the way he's handled himself in front of the camera. Something in there makes me think he will mature nicely into a leadership role.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum