GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Foote

+3
asq2
PKC
Riprock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Captain Foote Empty Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Adam Foote was named the Avalche's second captain in franchise history. Hard to imagine that Sakic had been their captain since moving from Quebec, and hard to imagine an Avs team without him. Congratulations to Foote, he deserves it. Hopefully has a few more years before passing it on to Stastny(?).

2Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Talk about the passing of the guard...it's gonna be pretty damn tough to fill the shoes of a legend like Sakic.

3Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Adam Foote was named the Avalche's second captain in franchise history. Hard to imagine that Sakic had been their captain since moving from Quebec, and hard to imagine an Avs team without him. Congratulations to Foote, he deserves it. Hopefully has a few more years before passing it on to Stastny(?).

Stastny or Duchene, I guess.

IIRC, Peter was captain prior to Joe. It would have been neat to go Stastny - Sakic - Stastny. But, I guess they felt he wasn't ready.

Foote's definitely not a bad choice.

4Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Might be a bit early to consider Duchene for the C. I realize he's been compared to Sakic, but he hasn't played a minute in the NHL yet.

5Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Foote has huge shoes to fill, not taking away from Foote, he is a classy guy and deserves the C, but wow, Sakic is quite a captain to follow up after.

6Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Adam Foote was named the Avalche's second captain in franchise history. Hard to imagine that Sakic had been their captain since moving from Quebec, and hard to imagine an Avs team without him. Congratulations to Foote, he deserves it. Hopefully has a few more years before passing it on to Stastny(?).

IIRC, Peter was captain prior to Joe. It would have been neat to go Stastny - Sakic - Stastny. But, I guess they felt he wasn't ready.

Nope. Sakic was captain starting in 1995.

7Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I used to really like Foote, but his game has gone way down recently. I guess this is a nice stop gap until Duchene is ready.

8Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:09 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I mean for Quebec.

9Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I mean for Quebec.
Also nope. Sakic was captain of the Nordiques from 1992–95.

I think Forsberg only wore the "C" for Philly.

10Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hmm. Stastny did captain the Nords at one point though, didn't he?

Who captained in the interim?

11Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sakic co-captained with Steve Finn in '91, so I'm almost right. Mike Hough was then captain in the '91-'92 season before Joe took over full-time.

12Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Hmm. Stastny did captain the Nords at one point though, didn't he?

Who captained in the interim?
Yes he did. It went like this:

- Mario Marois, 1983–85
- Peter Stastny, 1985–90
- Steven Finn & Joe Sakic 1990–91 (co-captains)
- Mike Hough 1991–92
- Joe Sakic 1992–95

Then it was the Avalanche...

13Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

So perhaps Foote can be the Mike Hough v.2.0.

He's gotta be close to retirement, no?

14Captain Foote Empty Re: Captain Foote Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:So perhaps Foote can be the Mike Hough v.2.0.

He's gotta be close to retirement, no?
Yeah, I'd say Foote's captaincy will be short with all eyes on Duchene to take over when he's deemed ready.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum