GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

He is once again, Captain Canada

+4
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1He is once again, Captain Canada Empty He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

DOAN TO CAPTAIN CANADA AT IIHF WORLD HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP

DUBENDORF, Switzerland -- Once again, Shane Doan is Captain Canada.

He will lead the Canadian team at the IIHF World Hockey Championship for the third straight year.

This marks the sixth world championship for the 32-year-old Doan, who has captained the Phoenix Coyotes since 2003-04.

Dany Heatley and Chris Phillips of the Ottawa Senators, Tampa Bay Lightning winger Martin St. Louis and Nashville Predators defenceman Shea Weber were named alternate captains Thursday.

Canada opens the tournament Friday against Belarus.

I for one definitely have no problem with this, Doan is a solid captain for Canada and has proven that at past tournaments, doubt he gets criticized in parliment this time, bunch of no good effers in Ottawa.

2He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fisher and Spezza are also on Team Canada aren't they? Actually there are 9 Senators in the tournament. Shannon and Foligno for the US, Schubert for Germany, Volchie for Russia and I forget the 9th.

- Unknown Author

3He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fisher and Spezza are also on Team Canada aren't they? Actually there are 9 Senators in the tournament. Shannon and Foligno for the US, Schubert for Germany, Volchie for Russia and I forget the 9th.

Is Kuba playing for the czechs? He might be the one you are missing, unless its Ruutu for the Fins?

4He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's it. Ruutu for the Fins I'm pretty sure.

- Unknown Author

5He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alternates for Heatley and Phillips as well huh? Pretty cool. cool)

6He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Captain Canada" is being spread pretty thin. How many current "Captain Canada"s are there anyway? Twelve?

7He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fisher and Spezza are also on Team Canada aren't they? Actually there are 9 Senators in the tournament. Shannon and Foligno for the US, Schubert for Germany, Volchie for Russia and I forget the 9th.

Peter Regin for Denmark and Kaspar Daugavins for Latvia as well.

8He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Alternates for Heatley and Phillips as well huh? Pretty cool. cool)

That is pretty sweet, Heater would have gotten it no matter, lots of International experience, but am estatic for the big rig to get the honour.

9He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Captain Canada" is being spread pretty thin. How many current "Captain Canada"s are there anyway? Twelve?
Ryan Smyth is who I think of....wasn't Yzerman Cap C too?

10He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:"Captain Canada" is being spread pretty thin. How many current "Captain Canada"s are there anyway? Twelve?

Sakic was another one, and of course Lemieux, but lately, at least for this tournament, its been Doan from my most recent memory.

11He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Another one of our prospects are playing for the swiss Roman wick

12He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:34 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Very nice.... Doan is deserving as he has done it before... He know's what it takes.

13He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:

Mike Richards may get that title in the future too.

14He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not surprised Heatley got an A, to be honest. This is his tournament.

15He is once again, Captain Canada Empty Re: He is once again, Captain Canada Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if Rick Nash can make it over in time. Nash and Heatley have some killer chemistry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum