GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Listening to Right now?

+31
wprager
Hoags
Flo The Action
Riprock
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
sens4win
Vandelay
KidKarlsson
Jordo
LethalLehner
Bramlet07
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
spader
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
pgood
Snuh
Cronie
beedub
SensGirl11
Hayden
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
PTFlea
shabbs
TheAvatar
PKC
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 25]

211What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:let's hope not

Karlsson runs the playlist at Sens games now so get used to it. That's why they are playing so much house and trance.

Therese will straighten him out. Abba tributes . Sarcasm

212What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:this reminds me, are they gonna be going with the same goal song this year?

YUP!

I thought they had different ones for different people (like "Jump" for Foligno).

213What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:While I appreciate the connection to the Sens in the name, unless you tell me that Alfie and the rest of the Swedish connection are head over heels with this I just don't see any reason to play this at a Sens game. And even if that were so, what makes them special?

you have heard this if you are at the warmups and yes, Karlsson's favorite group is the Swedish House Mafia so learn to love it. They are selling out MSG and 100,000 seats arena's in Europe so you don't have to like it but just don't be ignorant to it. (not directed at you, just everyone who thinks this kind of music isn't music)

214What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Karlsson runs the playlist at Sens games now so get used to it. That's why they are playing so much house and trance.

Therese will straighten him out. Abba tributes . Sarcasm

Abba eh... guess what, house, progressive, and trance, all of it is based off of Disco music.. Nothing wrong with some Abba.

215What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:While I appreciate the connection to the Sens in the name, unless you tell me that Alfie and the rest of the Swedish connection are head over heels with this I just don't see any reason to play this at a Sens game. And even if that were so, what makes them special?

you have heard this if you are at the warmups and yes, Karlsson's favorite group is the Swedish House Mafia so learn to love it. They are selling out MSG and 100,000 seats arena's in Europe so you don't have to like it but just don't be ignorant to it. (not directed at you, just everyone who thinks this kind of music isn't music)

I'm not getting into this debate, but I'm pretty sure Justin Bieber also sells out MSG and 100,000 seat arenas in Europe.

216What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I am trying, I really am. I played the two youtube vids you posted. Lasted through 1/2 of the first one -- shortly after the lyrics started. Lasted about as long with the second one -- different reason, nothing was happening.

We are paying Erik Karlsson $6.5M a year to play hockey. Frankly, I don't really give a rat's Donkey what his favorite music, unless you tell me he needs to hear that stuff in-between whistles to play better. And I would hope the 6,500,000 greenbacks are enough to motivate him.

The music is there to get the crown going. With the Ottawa crowd I'm not sure this will get them going or not. Cheaper beer will get them going better. Fewer Leafs jerseys in the seats. More goals.

217What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I am trying, I really am. I played the two youtube vids you posted. Lasted through 1/2 of the first one -- shortly after the lyrics started. Lasted about as long with the second one -- different reason, nothing was happening.

We are paying Erik Karlsson $6.5M a year to play hockey. Frankly, I don't really give a rat's Donkey what his favorite music, unless you tell me he needs to hear that stuff in-between whistles to play better. And I would hope the 6,500,000 greenbacks are enough to motivate him.

The music is there to get the crown going. With the Ottawa crowd I'm not sure this will get them going or not. Cheaper beer will get them going better. Fewer Leafs jerseys in the seats. More goals.

During the warmup I care... I like listening to music I enjoy. The entire warmup now is basically Deadmau4, SHM, Calvin Harris, or w/e other producers are putting out electronic tunes. Just happens all the Swedes coming in enjoy the same stuff... love being as fan of THIS Sens team.

218What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm not getting into this debate, but I'm pretty sure Justin Bieber also sells out MSG and 100,000 seat arenas in Europe.

There's about 1000 people behind his success though, these guys produce their own music. Either way, even Beiber's stuff is basically electronic music in some form along with basically everyone else you hear on a day to day basis. It's the way muisc is going... I can't get into dub step though, just not my thing.

219What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

There's about 1000 people behind his success though, these guys produce their own music. Either way, even Beiber's stuff is basically electronic music in some form along with basically everyone else you hear on a day to day basis. It's the way muisc is going... I can't get into dub step though, just not my thing.

Err, no. There's still lots and lots of people out there who want to hear musicians play, you know, musical instruments. It's why, for instance, 20,000+ people show up at Bluesfest every day for 12 days in this city.

People can and do like what they want when it comes to music, and that's fine, but don't try to tell me that electronic/dance stuff is going to somehow displace actual musicians playing actual instruments.

Also, Iron Maiden last night killed it. Smile

220What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Source?

221What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Err, no. There's still lots and lots of people out there who want to hear musicians play, you know, musical instruments. It's why, for instance, 20,000+ people show up at Bluesfest every day for 12 days in this city.

People can and do like what they want when it comes to music, and that's fine, but don't try to tell me that electronic/dance stuff is going to somehow displace actual musicians playing actual instruments.

Yah, 70's and 80's rock/metal is awesome. Even some early 90's stuff is solid... in the last 10-15 years what has rock given the world? Nickleback? Metalica? About it.

And yes, the music industry is still headed down the elctronic path, sorry to say it but 90% of the crap on the radio (a lot of it is crap) is electronic. Doesn't matter who it is.

222What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Don't you know? A Macbook is an instrument! Sarcasm

223What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Our Lady Peace is unreal though... probably my favorite group from the 90's.

224What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yes yes, the old "macbook" BS. How do they produce the music they simply just spin and push play? Does it come with the "macbook"?

225What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

I believe Bruno said something very similar on Fame. Something along the lines of only needing his synthesizer and nothing else, and how that would be the way music would be done in 10 years' time. Most of you on here probably weren't old enough to stay up to watch it -- much less to see the original movie the show was based on.

226What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I believe Bruno said something very similar on Fame. Something along the lines of only needing his synthesizer and nothing else, and how that would be the way music would be done in 10 years' time. Most of you on here probably weren't old enough to stay up to watch it -- much less to see the original movie the show was based on.

Producers are startig to get all the credit which is what it should have been like 10, 15 years ago. That's why live acts like Metalica, Iron Maiden, Rush, Styx, Van Halen, etc are all so great... it's THEIR music. They are the producers and the genius' that create it and play it. Only difference between these guys and "DJs" is the DJ's don't play their music live (although they will remix on the spot, which is basically creating a new song on the spot) or mash up a song with another (meaning taking 2 songs at once and making it one).

It's an art despite peoples reservations about what they really do. A rave/electronic act is the new rock show.

227What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tea Party, Big Wreck, I Mother Earth (Edwin era), Collective Soul, and Live.

228What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 15 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Tea Party, Big Wreck, I Mother Earth (Edwin era), Collective Soul, and Live.

No way they are on the same levels of guys/groups like Queen, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc. The golden age of rock was the late 60's into the 70's, it won't ever be back like that. Ask the new generation who Queen is they will know, ask them who the Tea Party is they probably don't have a clue. Ask them who Tiesto is though.

Point being is music is going and basically has gone electric. The new beats from hip hop, pop, even metal, is all electric.

If you guys want live acts that are electric check out the Bloody Beat Roots, Infected Mushroom, those guys put on live shows with the "DJs" and it's unreal to watch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum