GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yzerman on Team Canada...you listening Spezza & Heater

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=13376.html?cid=rsstsn

Time to play some defense Spezza, your idol has spoken and I think he was talking directly to you.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

notch4077 wrote:http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=13376.html?cid=rsstsn

Time to play some defense Spezza, your idol has spoken and I think he was talking directly to you.

Getting your star offensive players to play too much defense gets you a summer that starts in April. We have 3-lines worth of checkers to do that. Maybe Team Canada can employ the same formula?

SeawaySensFan wrote:
notch4077 wrote:http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=13376.html?cid=rsstsn

Getting your star offensive players to play too much defense gets you a summer that starts in April. We have 3-lines worth of checkers to do that. Maybe Team Canada can employ the same formula?

Yeah, either that or 4 Stanley Cups in the last 12 years as per the Detriot Red Wings. That is not even mentioning 2 of New Jersey's Cups in the same 12 years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

notch4077 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, either that or 4 Stanley Cups in the last 12 years as per the Detriot Red Wings. That is not even mentioning 2 of New Jersey's Cups in the same 12 years.

Neither of those teams had a 1st, 3rd and two 4th lines. More like a 1st and 3 2nd lines. :^^^^:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought we had a 1st, almost half a 2nd and two 4th.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he's preaching solid, defensively responsible play, then what the hell is Green doing there? And given what some of you have been saying here, recently, why the heck is Phaneuf there as well? Or does Stevie Y want his forwards to play defensively and his defenders to score the goals?

wprager wrote:If he's preaching solid, defensively responsible play, then what the hell is Green doing there? And given what some of you have been saying here, recently, why the heck is Phaneuf there as well? Or does Stevie Y want his forwards to play defensively and his defenders to score the goals?

Did you read the article I posted? Phaneuf and Green may not be on the team!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

notch4077 wrote:
wprager wrote:If he's preaching solid, defensively responsible play, then what the hell is Green doing there? And given what some of you have been saying here, recently, why the heck is Phaneuf there as well? Or does Stevie Y want his forwards to play defensively and his defenders to score the goals?

They were selected originally, weren't they? I thought they were both on the orientation camp roster.

There are a lot of names of the original roster, that means nothing until you make the team.

Spezza could get his name on the roster if he plays like Yzerman in the first couple months of the season.

Phaneuf and Green are going to be watched very closely regarding their play and their attitude (moreso if Phaneuf's case).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
notch4077 wrote:

They were selected originally, weren't they? I thought they were both on the orientation camp roster.

They might not make it.

TC execs are saying that the top is a lock to be Pronger, Niedermayer, Weber and Regehr. With guys like Keith, Seabrook, Green, Phaneuf and Boyle fighting it out for the last 3 spots.

To be honest, I'd probably take Boyle and Keith on the starting roster and keep Seabrook as the extra.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum