GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is now Spezza's Team

+5
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This is now Spezza's Team Empty This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

With Alfi departing and without the Sens coming out and saying it, this is now Spezza's team. There will be a day in the next 2 weeks or so where they announce that Spezza is now the captain of the Ottawa Senators and people should embrace this. This team needs to build around a new player, no question about it and especially because Spezza has 2 years left on his deal and they need to make sure that things are firmly focused on him, he is the franchise center here in Ottawa.

That said, today if they sign Clarkson it should be all the more reason to believe this was a Spezza based decision and one where he probably said "if you don't land Clarkson here in Ottawa I will make sure I follow him to Toronto" which is fair on his end. This is the time to move forward as the Ottawa Senators and not the Ottawa Alfie's. It had to happen at some point and I have always maintained that the team comes first... it still holds true.

Like him or not and a lot of people don't, Spezza is the guy that Ottawa has to support and stand with going forward. He won't be Alfie but maybe Spezza can create his own legacy as a Senator and make this city proud. Gotta give it a chance.

2This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:With Alfi departing and without the Sens coming out and saying it, this is now Spezza's team.  There will be a day in the next 2 weeks or so where they announce that Spezza is now the captain of the Ottawa Senators and people should embrace this.  This team needs to build around a new player, no question about it and especially because Spezza has 2 years left on his deal and they need to make sure that things are firmly focused on him, he is the franchise center here in Ottawa.

That said, today if they sign Clarkson it should be all the more reason to believe this was a Spezza based decision and one where he probably said "if you don't land Clarkson here in Ottawa I will make sure I follow him to Toronto" which is fair on his end.  This is the time to move forward as the Ottawa Senators and not the Ottawa Alfie's.  It had to happen at some point and I have always maintained that the team comes first... it still holds true.

Like him or not and a lot of people don't, Spezza is the guy that Ottawa has to support and stand with going forward.  He won't be Alfie but maybe Spezza can create his own legacy as a Senator and make this city proud.  Gotta give it a chance.

I like him. I can see him being the sort of guy to have written The Alfie a cheque from his own pocket if it was about money.

Would be nice to see The Gene get behind Spezza too with a few bucks spent on some support.

3This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:37 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spezza getting a close friend to play with, the C, and a young team around him to lead should be all he needs to resign here in Ottawa. If Clarkson doesn't get signed today that's a signal the Sens are in a lot of trouble on and off the ice. Clarkson signing IMO is the biggest move in Sens history at this point because the panic is starting to set in for people.

Spezza needs everyone who is a fan to support him even people like myself who are not his biggest fans. The media gets on him, the fans get on him, and it's over for him in Ottawa. Hopefully he is a leader and the leader the Sens need, again he doesn't have to be Alfi but he needs to bring something to his game on ice and a lot off it to show people this is the guy that should be there in Alfie's spot. Can he do it? No idea but he should be given enough rope to hang himself or be the guy that raises the Cup for the Sens. Hope it comes true.

4This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will be puting the C and #19 on my blank jersey

5This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll never wear a #19 jersey but he's a guy that I will support without question now unless he proves he isn't the guy everyone had hoped for. Go Spezza, go Sens.

6This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love Spezza. He should have been the C, starting in 14/15.

7This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is now Spezza's Team YwYPJf1

8This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:I'll never wear a #19 jersey but he's a guy that I will support without question now unless he proves he isn't the guy everyone had hoped for.  Go Spezza, go Sens.  
This has pretty much happened.

9This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't put the c and #19 on my blank jersey

10This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This just shows I really wanted him to work out... I was cheering for him and the Sens but it's totally blown up in everyones face.

11This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:I'll never wear a #19 jersey but he's a guy that I will support without question now unless he proves he isn't the guy everyone had hoped for.  Go Spezza, go Sens.  
LOL. Love the openended-ness of this...

"I love him if he's awesome, but if he sucks, Diddle him and run him out of town."

:crossarms:

12This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I was never sold on him but he had to be given a chance... it's been awful.

13This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I was never sold on him but he had to be given a chance... it's been awful.
Ya, i've been gunning for spezza for years, waiting to see some signs of maturity. there has been times in the last couple of years where he's shown that maybe but now it's just a wrong. i'm not sure, maybe he doesn't even understand what needs to be done. the one thing we can see though is that it's not looking like he will put it together, he's looking at the down side of his career and we better act fast in parting ways before he becomes even less valuable.

14This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is ridiculous. It's been 20 games.

15This is now Spezza's Team Empty Re: This is now Spezza's Team Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:34 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:This is ridiculous.  It's been 20 games.
Seriously. Of course he isn't excellent at the job yet, he's barely had time to figure it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum