GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Keep in mind Stutzle had a rotation of linemates with inferior players including Gaudette. If he has better linemates I don't see why he can't lead our team in scoring

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Keep in mind Stutzle had a rotation of linemates with inferior players including Gaudette. If he has better linemates I don't see why he can't lead our team in scoring

He consistently had formenton and brown though. Those aren’t scrubs.

I don’t think he will lead it in scoring next year but I could see the year after

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Formenton can keep up with Stutzle but isn't necessarily the type of player that should be pm his wing. It's not even close with C Brown. Imagine and Giroux and Fiala on the wings. He should score 80 points no problem.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Formenton can keep up with Stutzle but isn't necessarily the type of player that should be pm his wing. It's not even close with C Brown. Imagine and Giroux and Fiala on the wings. He should score 80 points no problem.

Possibly given have scoring is artificially inflated right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Formenton can keep up with Stutzle but isn't necessarily the type of player that should be pm his wing. It's not even close with C Brown. Imagine and Giroux and Fiala on the wings. He should score 80 points no problem.

You can't use inflated scoring to justify Formenton/Brown as top-six forwards but not for Stutzle. Stutzle had 58 points this year. Formenton had 32 and Connor Brown 39. There's no reason why Stutzle can't get 22 more points with Fiala (85 points) and Giroux (65 points) on his wings. And what's to say inflated scoring goes away any time soon - I am not sure how it does go away unless you make nets smaller and goalie equipment larger. Not in the interest of the league to reduce scoring.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Shane Wright to Montreal. Pretty jokes. I don't think he's the best player in the draft. But should be a fun day for the fans witn the draft being in Montreal nonetheless

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

You can't use inflated scoring to justify Formenton/Brown as top-six forwards but not for Stutzle. Stutzle had 58 points this year. Formenton had 32 and Connor Brown 39. There's no reason why Stutzle can't get 22 more points with Fiala (85 points) and Giroux (65 points) on his wings. And what's to say inflated scoring goes away any time soon - I am not sure how it does go away unless you make nets smaller and goalie equipment larger. Not in the interest of the league to reduce scoring.

This isn’t televant to our discussion but I really don’t like how high scoring it is now. These playoffs have zero tension. Low scoring playoff games are way better

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Shane Wright to Montreal. Pretty jokes. I don't think he's the best player in the draft. But should be a fun day for the fans witn the draft being in Montreal nonetheless

He’s the clear cut #1 for sure from what I have seen. Would have been dumb for the sens to pick somebody else if we had it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For sure. But it may be a Lafrenniere type situation where he's the clear cut #1 but maybe not the best player

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

This isn’t televant to our discussion but I really don’t like how high scoring it is now. These playoffs have zero tension. Low scoring playoff games are way better
Agreed. Though I like what it's doing to Jack Campbell's confidence

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The more I think about it, the more I think McGuire getting fired is a vote of confidence from the board to Dorion.
Who knows how it was with both Pierre in the management team this year but it didn’t sound like Dorion welcomed PM to the team much.
I imagine the board didn’t see any reason to keep McGuire on board looking over Dorion’s shoulder.

That said, I believe Dorion should be on the clock. Maybe it’s also a question of waiting now to see how ownership is settled in the end. New ownership might and probably will want their own guy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hard to think the Sens will pass on cutter Gauthier if he's available at 7. Prototypical Sens pick. I personally hope we scoop Kemmel or Lekkerimaki

Edit:

I am basing this on who their NHL 'comparables' are:

Lekkerimaki - Petersson
Gauthier - Kreider
Kemmel - Laine (same style of play - ie goal scorer)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade the pick

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Trade it so long as the trade makes sense. No one aged above 26 , without rfa status , or less than 2 years left on the contract. Must be a 60+ point scorer

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im not sure we should trade the pick. It seems like the sens can land someone like Giroux for free or make a decent package for a guy like Fiala who not many teams will be able to fit under the cap. Maybe the sens can make a package of their 2nd rounder, Brannstrom and more pieces but keep their 1st. This may be our last shot at a high pick. Might as well draft and use lesser prospects to land players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree. If we don't need to trade the pick I wouldn't. But it is our best trade chip and I'm not sure I'd prefer to trade a prospect like Greig + over an unknown quantity.

I believe our player/prospects are Formenton, Brannstrom, JBD, Jarventie, Gus (three goalies on one-ways...) so if we can use a combination of these players and our 2nd and 3rd rd picks to bring in a top-six I am all for it. But I am not sure it's enough.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I agree. If we don't need to trade the pick I wouldn't. But it is our best trade chip and I'm not sure I'd prefer to trade a prospect like Greig + over an unknown quantity.

I believe our player/prospects are Formenton, Brannstrom, JBD, Jarventie, Gus (three goalies on one-ways...) so if we can use a combination of these players and our 2nd and 3rd rd picks to bring in a top-six I am all for it. But I am not sure it's enough.
Id keep Formenton.
I think you can add sokolov also to that list. I’d also prefer to keep Grieg. At least for a couple more years till we see what he is in the NHL. Him and Pinto should be kept until we know exactly what they are. I have a feeling they both have a lot more value than what they’re at now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also have my doubts about the worth of Fiala. He’s been good but 7.5-8 M good on a LT? I dunno. I’d say 6.5-7. He’s a winger. And he’s not a point per game one either. If there’s anyway to hold off on any trade with minny till after the draft and FA that’s what I would do. If we can land Giroux then I’m not sure Fiala is a must. I’d be happy with Giroux and a top 4 D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum