GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think we end up with Chychrun

202223 1st, brannstrom, formenton, zaitsev

I still think if that’s your trade you’re gonna have to add another piece.

That’s a lot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I can't believe Garrioch is taking his vacation without the top-4 D acquisition completed.  Sounds like there won't be anything on that front in the near future.  I've got a bad feeling that we'll start the seasson with Zaitsev still on the roster.
The cost to move him may be too much. What scares me is if he's on our roster DJ is going to play him. I thought may a trade in-year would make sense, but again, you have to play him. 

Maybe they bury him in Belleville and buy him out in the offseason. His bonus is already paid so it's pretty much the same as having Del Zotto down there last year. Maybe he'll have a positive impact on JBD and Thomson?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think we end up with Chychrun

202223 1st, brannstrom, formenton, zaitsev

I still think if that’s your trade you’re gonna have to add another piece.

That’s a lot.
I agree. What including Formenton in a trade does is it creates a roster spot for Sokolov, Lodin, Grieg, Boucher, Jarventie and whoever else to battle for. If you re-sign formenton your top nine is locked up for a couple of years and disincentives the players on the cusp from battling. I'm totally okay with moving Formenton if they think one of those guys can crack the roster this year. Lodin is still my dark horse

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Move Formenton only if it means moving Zaitsev and getting a top 4 RHD. May be a lot but you gain a lot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Move Formenton only if it means moving Zaitsev and getting a top 4 RHD. May be a lot but you gain a lot.

That's why I'm suggesting a 1st, Brannstrom, Formenton and Zaitsev for Chychrun. Two young assets and a 1st. My guess is Arizona wants one more piece

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hope Pierre did his homework (or had one of the AGMs do it for him) and knows there aren't any teams that need a top-4 RHD, have the cap room for him, and have better trade collateral than we are offering. We can wait on Arizona to arrive at the same conclusion.

Now, if that is *not* the case then I hope they have a good Plan B.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I hope Pierre did his homework (or had one of the AGMs do it for him) and knows there aren't any teams that need a top-4 RHD, have the cap room for him, and have better trade collateral than we are offering.  We can wait on Arizona to arrive at the same conclusion.

Now, if that is *not* the case then I hope they have a good Plan B.

Teams can make cap room for a guy like Chychrun. Example - Toronto could use Nylander as part of the trade. My guess is something happens closer to training camp or maybe there's a resurgence of trade talk after the world juniors. Dog days of summer now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

True. Arizona needs salary coming back to reach the floor. Zaitsev is a great fit there as his bonus takes care of a large chunk of his salary.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Assuming Nylander's bonus has been paid out he's got $8.5M left on his contract. That's $4.5M annual cost vs. $6.962M cap hit. He makes more sense to the Coyotes. But I don't know if the Leafs would be willing to move him now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Assuming Nylander's bonus has been paid out he's got $8.5M left on his contract. That's $4.5M annual cost vs. $6.962M cap hit. He makes more sense to the Coyotes. But I don't know if the Leafs would be willing to move him now.

Seems to me like Dubas is going to live or die by Nylander. He's protected him for the last three off-seasons and there's no reason to suggest he won't do it again. Leafs are already $1.5M over the salary cap and need to sign Sandin. My guess is Kerfoot is traded to clear space. He's a $3.5M cap hit but $2.7M salary. That makes more sense to Arizona than Nylander

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More and more I'm thinking the Sens stage pat, for now. Which makes moving Brown early for just a second a bit odd. Maybe they thought they were close you a deal but it fell through.

Frankly, as long as Zaitsev is not on the top four I'm ok with waiting until closer to the deadline to acquire that elusive T4RD.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Zub, hamonic, holden/JBD/Thomson.  Should be okay. Not great but okay

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Zub, hamonic, holden/JBD/Thomson.  Should be okay. Not great but okay

Is that the list of players rounding out the top-4? If so, why not Brannstrom?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Zub, hamonic, holden/JBD/Thomson.  Should be okay. Not great but okay

Is that the list of players rounding out the top-4?  If so, why not Brannstrom?
Rhd

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder what it would take to get Rasmus Andersson out of Calgary. They seem like a good candidate to also take on Zaitsevs contract with sweeteners.

They would probably benefit from a RHD like JBD (from Canmore), Cole Reinhardt (from Calgary), Formenton, and a few picks/prospects. Grieg is also from Lethbridge not that I want to move him though.

They're going to ultimately be done Tkachuk, Gaudreau, and Monahan all in one year. They can have a pretty quick rebuild while adding assets and also talking a run at Bedard

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder what it would take to get Rasmus Andersson out of Calgary. They seem like a good candidate to also take on Zaitsevs contract with sweeteners.

They would probably benefit from a RHD like JBD (from Canmore), Cole Reinhardt (from Calgary), Formenton, and a few picks/prospects. Grieg is also from Lethbridge not that I want to move him though.

They're going to ultimately be done Tkachuk, Gaudreau, and Monahan all in one year. They can have a pretty quick rebuild while adding assets and also talking a run at Bedard

Well you might be able to get Weegar out of Calgary now. They have too many Dmen.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If I’m Dorion I’m zeroing on Calgary. They have 10 Dmen going into next season, 3 RHD and 3 LD/RD.

There’s a deal for a top 4 there if I’ve ever seen one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder what it would take to get Rasmus Andersson out of Calgary. They seem like a good candidate to also take on Zaitsevs contract with sweeteners.

Why would they trade one of their too-many-D and get another one in return? Besides, they already have Nikita Z. playing D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum