GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah konecny and boeser are more realistic options imo. Keller too if the price is right.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Debrincat and Dubois make the most sense at forward

Konecny would be fine too but not if we had to give a lot up.

Debrincat is the perfect mix of scoring and grit we need

LA was trying to pry away Debrincat before settling on Fiala.

you can bet your Donkey that it will take our first, a top prospect, a second and another prospect. Minimum.
and thats if he wants to resign here. and apparently he's looking for 9mil minimum.

I don't think we could lure him here.

We have a much better chance at Konecny. but he better not cost a first.
a second and someone like Lassi is all Id want to part with.

Debrincat would fit in with our American core and would be the perfect fit for what we’re looking for imo.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's come out and said he'd be interested in signing with mtl

You need to pair a source or else I call Dung

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's come out and said he'd be interested in signing with mtl

You're intolerable. 

https://theathletic.com/3380622/2022/06/24/winnipeg-jets-dubois-wheeler-scheifele-trotz/

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

You're intolerable. 

https://theathletic.com/3380622/2022/06/24/winnipeg-jets-dubois-wheeler-scheifele-trotz/

That’s literally all I asked. And you provided it. You should have sent that in your original post.

Until he signs in Montreal I wouldn’t say that’s a guarantee. Could be just speculation.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Lots of Fiala chatter. I'd only trade if a 5 x 7M deal also came with it. 

To Min: 7th, C. Brown, Jarventie
To Ott: Fiala

Sign Giroux, move Joseph to L3 with Formenton

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Massive overpay from Ottawa there. Yikes. Luckily he is going to LA.

Yeah, compare that to the actual trade:
19th overall + B-level prospect

is Faber a B level prospect? seems like people were quite high on him.

He was listed as their 4th best prospect last year. You think they have 4 grade A prospects in their system? I guess it all depends on definition.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, not a guarantee but it was all over Twitter yesterday that PLD wanted to sign with the Habs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Lots of Fiala chatter. I'd only trade if a 5 x 7M deal also came with it. 

To Min: 7th, C. Brown, Jarventie
To Ott: Fiala

Sign Giroux, move Joseph to L3 with Formenton

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Massive overpay from Ottawa there. Yikes. Luckily he is going to LA.

Yeah, compare that to the actual trade:
19th overall + B-level prospect

is Faber a B level prospect? seems like people were quite high on him.

He was listed as their 4th best prospect last year. You think they have 4 grade A prospects in their system? I guess it all depends on definition.
LA is stacked. Byfield,  Turcotte, Clarke easily ahead of Faber. LA has drafted so well over the past 4/5 years

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice hire for the Sens

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-promote-trent-mann-hire-ryan-bowness-as-assistant-general-managers/c-334783012

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Nice hire for the Sens

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-promote-trent-mann-hire-ryan-bowness-as-assistant-general-managers/c-334783012

I don’t know that I’d want too many of Pittsburgh amateur scouts but they’ve done alright with the professional scouting department.

We needed someone I imagine after parting ways with Macguire.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I don’t know that I’d want too many of Pittsburgh amateur scouts but they’ve done alright with the professional scouting department.

Their scouting has been great. Maybe now we’ll get Malkin.

Kidding

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two AGMs to keep GMPD in line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was McTavish (previous AGM) acting as the Belleville GM? Currently they list Dorion as the GM at both levels. I assume one of the new AGMs will take over for Belleville as had been done in the past. We could end up with Trent as his (older) brother's boss in Belleville. Not sure how he would take that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Was McTavish (previous AGM) acting as the Belleville GM?  Currently they list Dorion as the GM at both levels.  I assume one of the new AGMs will take over for Belleville as had been done in the past.  We could end up with Trent as his (older) brother's boss in Belleville.  Not sure how he would take that.  

Did you actually read the article

It specifies Bowness will be the Belleville Gm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Their scouting has been great. Maybe now we’ll get Malkin.

Kidding

Yeah. Malkin isn’t what we need. I can’t believe I’m saying that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I keep scouring teams to see what a potential trade for a top 4 or top 6 might look like.

There’s a lot of NMC out there right now. Scares me as to what the sens might do.
Vancouver will move someone and have a few players without clauses, but both JTmiller and Boeser need extensions for us to be interested. Garland is nice and cheap but he isn’t productive enough for my liking.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I keep scouring teams to see what a potential trade for a top 4 or top 6 might look like.

There’s a lot of NMC out there right now. Scares me as to what the sens might do.
Vancouver will move someone and have a few players without clauses, but both JTmiller and Boeser need extensions for us to be interested. Garland is nice and cheap but he isn’t productive enough for my liking.

Any trade the sens make would be for a long term player so they would come with extensions.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently puljujarrvi is once again on the block and the sens are interested. Rumour is that a 2nd or 3rd or 3rd line prospect/young player is all it could take.

I wouldn’t have any problems making that trade.
I think the sens should look into trading Brown to Edmonton for puljujarvi+.
Maybe Edmonton adds a 2nd rounder. Or it’s puljurarvi and their 1st for Brown and one of Ottawa’s forward prospect.

If Edmonton wants to compete for the playoff they might be interested in brown.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum