GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 29]

Hobiesens


Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I can't see them taking Logan Brown as I think we will have other exposed players with more value, but again, can't really make a decent prediction without seeing the entire list of exposed players from every time.  

Am I missing something, why is Hogberg likely out this summer?  He's RFA I believe.

Sens just signed Forsberg, so Hogberg is likely gone. He is an RFA but probably won't be retained.

How can they sign Forsberg and not retain Gustavson, that's ridicuous! I'm hoping they signed Forsberg and make a deal for Seattle to pick him up with a little extra, i.e. Logan Brown.

Huh? Signing Forsberg has nothing to do with Gustavsson. He’s here regardless unless he’s picked by Seattle

The point was to have the Kraken take Forsberg (no longer a UFA) and not Gus or Daccord.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I can't see them taking Logan Brown as I think we will have other exposed players with more value, but again, can't really make a decent prediction without seeing the entire list of exposed players from every time.  

Am I missing something, why is Hogberg likely out this summer?  He's RFA I believe.

Sens just signed Forsberg, so Hogberg is likely gone. He is an RFA but probably won't be retained.

How can they sign Forsberg and not retain Gustavson, that's ridicuous! I'm hoping they signed Forsberg and make a deal for Seattle to pick him up with a little extra, i.e. Logan Brown.

Huh? Signing Forsberg has nothing to do with Gustavsson. He’s here regardless unless he’s picked by Seattle

The point was to have the Kraken take Forsberg (no longer a UFA) and not Gus or Daccord.

I’m just not sure what you mean by “not retaining Gustavsson”

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think with what is exposed there is a chance they pick Logan Brown.

He’s not going to crack the line up here but could be seen as one of the better options available from what we leave unprotected. They don’t need to pick up 30 guys to play the NHL this season. They could easily walk away with 5-10 prospects from teams. Remember, there might be deal made with Seattle and other teams that sees Seattle winding up with more than one player and maybe they even grab one or twice guys from FA.

It’s impossible to tell without seeing the protected list and without seeing what deals are made.

I just thinks it’s more than likely they grab goalies from elsewhere than Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I kept thinking that Seattle needs to fill out two rosters (NHL+AHL) but are only getting 31 picks in the expansion draft. But their affiliated team will not be playing in 2021 as they are building a new arena. They will still have prospects playing in the AHL but they will be sprinkled around the 12 independently owned AHL teams. But for the next season, will they have some kind of AHL expansion draft? I guess it would be just players without an NHL contract.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
I was a bit perplexed by the Forsberg move too. If I am reading the tea leaves right it means Hogberg won't be qualified and will become a UFA, and the Sens are preparing to lose one of Daccord or Gus. At this point it looks like Gus.

The crease is way too crowded. Say if Seattle does take Tierney or Brown and they do not retain Hogberg:

NHL: Murray, Forsberg
AHL: Gus, Daccord
ECHL: Sogaard, Mandolese

If Gus gets picked up it makes sense. If he doesn't I can see Forsberg splitting time with Daccord in Belleville. It was an insurance move with Hogberb likely not coming back.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I was a bit perplexed by the Forsberg move too. If I am reading the tea leaves right it means Hogberg won't be qualified and will become a UFA, and the Sens are preparing to lose one of Daccord or Gus. At this point it looks like Gus.

The crease is way too crowded. Say if Seattle does take Tierney or Brown and they do not retain Hogberg:

NHL: Murray, Forsberg
AHL: Gus, Daccord
ECHL: Sogaard, Mandolese

If Gus gets picked up it makes sense. If he doesn't I can see Forsberg splitting time with Daccord in Belleville. It was an insurance move with Hogberb likely not coming back.

There's nothing to suggest it looks like Gus, or anybody.

Nothing wrong with carrying three goalies, and you can easily move/waive Forsberg if needed. He signed in Edmonton this year, remember that.

Sogaard will be in the AHL for sure.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
When do you have to sign RFAs this year Gus is on his last year so if he doesn't have a contract for the Seattle draft can they still take him or do they have to take players with contracts?

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Definitely seeing chemistry forming between Stutzle and Pinto. Do we focus on drafting a RW for that line? Brandt Clarke also a great option if available at RHD though I suspect he will go top-five.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tell me again how Connor Brown is just Eric Condra LOL

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Logan Brown to play against the leafs with white being out hurt.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Interesting. Not sure it sends a great message to the rest of the players in Belleville. Hopefully Brown has a few PP points or something

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Interesting. Not sure it sends a great message to the rest of the players in Belleville. Hopefully Brown has a few PP points or something

It's one game, I'm sure the guys in Belleville will be OK lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Parker Kelly will apparently make his debut vs the Leafs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Parker Kelly will apparently make his debut vs the Leafs.

And picks up a goal!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That was thoroughly enjoyable.

Im walking away from this season feeling nothing but positives about this team.
Im not sure yet if some players overachieved or if they are right along track on their potential but it’s encouraging for what’s to come.

Im not convinced we don’t try and still insulate the young with a couple of one year contracts this summer. Seems like the potential for one or two sophomore slumps and I’m sure Dorion will have his eyes on a playoff spot and won’t want to risk it all on youth.

I guess we see what he’s got up his sleep with the expansion draft ahead.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Hard to see Parker Kelly not in the lineup as a regular next season. He had an excellent first showing and was all over the ice. Unfortunately I can't say the same for L. Brown who appeared to be unable to keep up with the pace of play and holding his stick a little too tight. If he's fighting Pinto for the 2C spot he hasn't got a chance, which makes his totally expendable IMO.

More importantly the Leafs look 100% beatable. If the Habs play to their potential they can totally beat them

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ottawa has a great group of young players and are in a great position regarding the salary cap and the expansion draft. Also, they should hopefully be entering their prime when the other teams in our division are falling off a bit. Everything looks good.

EXCEPT, of course, our owner's ability to actually afford to pay these guys. It's been nice not having any Eugene stories for a few months...but we're gonna find out over the next couple of years if he actually has the means to build a contender.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hard to see Parker Kelly not in the lineup as a regular next season. He had an excellent first showing and was all over the ice. Unfortunately I can't say the same for L. Brown who appeared to be unable to keep up with the pace of play and holding his stick a little too tight. If he's fighting Pinto for the 2C spot he hasn't got a chance, which makes his totally expendable IMO.

More importantly the Leafs look 100% beatable. If the Habs play to their potential they can totally beat them

Logan Brown is done here. Not entirely his fault, but it just ain't gonna work out here for him.


More importantly, yeah, the Leafs do look beatable. I think the Habs have been sparked a little bit by Caufield, who looks great. Is Price injured? I see Primeau started their game last night vs the Oilers. If the Habs get great goaltending, they can take the Leafs. They're still gonna be massive underdogs though.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum