GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver

Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:39 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He can't make a save lol.  That last one was putrid.  Make. A. Save.

17Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 pm

Hobiesens


Sophomore
Sophomore
This is some ugly hockey.

18Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:He can't make a save lol.  That last one was putrid.  Make. A. Save.

First one was bad. This one was pretty much a breakaway.

Murray is here for the long haul regardless what he does this year. Nobody is gonna give up on him yet.

19Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

20Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:He can't make a save lol.  That last one was putrid.  Make. A. Save.

First one was bad. This one was pretty much a breakaway.

Murray is here for the long haul regardless what he does this year. Nobody is gonna give up on him yet.

At 6 mil x 4 years?  Yeah, I'd say he's here long haul.  And I'm pretty sure he'll be better once this team doesn't look like an echl team.

No way Stutzle sees another shift this game imo.

21Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

22Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

You can't not be disappointed right now.  Being not good is ok, being this bad is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. 

It's certainly not the end of the world right now, but I'm not thrilled.

23Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

You can't not be disappointed right now.  Being not good is ok, being this bad is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. 

It's certainly not the end of the world right now, but I'm not thrilled.

I am. But I wasn’t expecting them to compete other than maybe finish 6th. I would like to see brannstrom, brown and formenton eventually though. I just don’t agree with people already giving up on the coach, Murray, Dadonov, etc after 6 friggin games

24Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

You can't not be disappointed right now.  Being not good is ok, being this bad is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. 

It's certainly not the end of the world right now, but I'm not thrilled.

I am. But I wasn’t expecting them to compete other than maybe finish 6th. I would like to see brannstrom, brown and formenton eventually though. I just don’t agree with people already giving up on the coach, Murray, Dadonov, etc after 6 friggin games

The coach looks like...all the other lame ducks we've had right now.   He better get it together soon imo.

25Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

You can't not be disappointed right now.  Being not good is ok, being this bad is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. 

It's certainly not the end of the world right now, but I'm not thrilled.

I am. But I wasn’t expecting them to compete other than maybe finish 6th. I would like to see brannstrom, brown and formenton eventually though. I just don’t agree with people already giving up on the coach, Murray, Dadonov, etc after 6 friggin games

The coach looks like...all the other lame ducks we've had right now.   He better get it together soon imo.

I’m not saying he’ll be our coach for years, who knows, but I really liked what he did last year with the team we had, so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He hasn’t even coach a full season

26Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I mean....we're gonna lose, but at some point Dorion should answer for these playera sucking.   There's not much you can say to defend him imo.

He will move up the AHL players if it continues IMO. Or make a big trade

Either way, we weren’t supposed to be good and the owner and GM didn’t think they’d be either

You can't not be disappointed right now.  Being not good is ok, being this bad is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. 

It's certainly not the end of the world right now, but I'm not thrilled.

I am. But I wasn’t expecting them to compete other than maybe finish 6th. I would like to see brannstrom, brown and formenton eventually though. I just don’t agree with people already giving up on the coach, Murray, Dadonov, etc after 6 friggin games

The coach looks like...all the other lame ducks we've had right now.   He better get it together soon imo.

I’m not saying he’ll be our coach for years, who knows, but I really liked what he did last year with the team we had, so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He hasn’t even coach a full season


For a while, yeah.  By game 20 or so there really has to be marked improvements though

27Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Matt Murray is not very good at hockey. Lets up horrible rebounds and pucks go right though him. We're going to be cursing that contract for quite a while .

Luckily the sens will have way more patience with him than online fans

Ev, you're being a fan boy. We gave up a lot for Murray who hasn't been good for a few seasons now. We could have had the pick of the litter given that there will be a lot of goalies left unprotected because of the expansion draft that could have been traded for.

And this 'bring in vets to insulate the rookies' is nonsense. Our best line is our rookie line and they're all huge. They can take care of themselves. And with the exception of Stutzle (who should be in the minors anyway) what rookies are we protecting ? Paquette ? Galchenyuk? There are no rookies in the lineup - they all didn't make the team. Logan Brown is probably laughing has arse off right now.

I'm afraid DJ Smith is no different than Guy Boucher. Brings in his guys (Zaitsev J.Brown) puts vets like Anisimov out in overtime, and switches the lines every game and needs to defend his coaching decisions in every post game interview. They don't need to sell tickets this year and there are zero expectations given the division alignment so why the heck aren't Brown, Brannstrom, Chlapik, Zub, Abramov playing ? It's what the fans want to see. All of their careers are being stunted so we can watch Reilly, J. Brown and Galchenyuk go -3, and Stepan -4 . Our bottom six and bottom 4 dmen got absolutely torched last night. It's evident Smith can't win road games and has no concept on how to coach to win a game. Instead he focuses on trying not to lose one.

It's going to be so difficult watching Ottawa get a top three pick and draft another defenseman. I get that reinforcements are coming next year with Sanderson, Pinto and JBD but none of these guys are going to save this team.

This will be 4 years at the bottom of the standings. I think Dorion needs to go tbh. He's made a lot of bad decisions this offseason , gave up draft capital for plugs, and continues to hire coaches that don't know what they are doing.

28Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Matt Murray is not very good at hockey. Lets up horrible rebounds and pucks go right though him. We're going to be cursing that contract for quite a while .

Luckily the sens will have way more patience with him than online fans

Ev, you're being a fan boy. We gave up a lot for Murray who hasn't been good for a few seasons now. We could have had the pick of the litter given that there will be a lot of goalies left unprotected because of the expansion draft that could have been traded for.

And this 'bring in vets to insulate the rookies' is nonsense. Our best line is our rookie line and they're all huge. They can take care of themselves. And with the exception of Stutzle (who should be in the minors anyway) what rookies are we protecting ? Paquette ? Galchenyuk? There are no rookies in the lineup - they all didn't make the team. Logan Brown is probably laughing has arse off right now.

I'm afraid DJ Smith is no different than Guy Boucher. Brings in his guys (Zaitsev J.Brown) puts vets like Anisimov out in overtime, and switches the lines every game and needs to defend his coaching decisions in every post game interview. They don't need to sell tickets this year and there are zero expectations given the division alignment so why the heck aren't Brown, Brannstrom, Chlapik, Zub, Abramov playing ? It's what the fans want to see. All of their careers are being stunted so we can watch Reilly, J. Brown and Galchenyuk go -3, and Stepan -4 . Our bottom six and bottom 4 dmen got absolutely torched last night. It's evident Smith can't win road games and has no concept on how to coach to win a game. Instead he focuses on trying not to lose one.

It's going to be so difficult watching Ottawa get a top three pick and draft another defenseman. I get that reinforcements are coming next year with Sanderson, Pinto and JBD but none of these guys are going to save this team.

This will be 4 years at the bottom of the standings. I think Dorion needs to go tbh. He's made a lot of bad decisions this offseason , gave up draft capital for plugs, and continues to hire coaches that don't know what they are doing.

They gave up a second round pick and a nobody prospect for Murray. That’s hardly a lot. The contract is a lot. It’s not being a fanboy to want to be patient with a guy. Many goalies don’t do well at the start of normal years even. Diddle me for wanting to see Murray over the course of a whole season rather than five games. And I wanted him before we even traded for him. I think he was the best choice for us without question. The knee jerk reactions from this fan base are expected but annoying.

Also Sanderson and pinto are going to make a massive difference in a few years, and whoever we pick in this draft (could very well be a forward or right hand d). Watching the sens play D makes me confident Sanderson was the right pick this year

I agree in a few years we should probably get a new GM but not sure who the alternative would be really.

29Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don’t get people losing their minds after 6 games.
It’s not like there was a rookie tournament, or a pre-season, or the fact that it was almost a year for these guys without playing hockey.

Let’s keep it together until these guys start to gel. Half this team hadn’t played together yet. And I don’t know what you guys expected. I fully expected us to finish bottom 3 til 5 again.

30Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
A couple things:

1) We suck, and we knew we were going to suck. Our defense is the worst in the league, or at least bottom 3.

2) This team had never played together until a couple weeks ago. It's gonna take some time for everyone to figure themselves and the team out, including Matt Murray.

3) The same people that were happy to criticize Anderson over the past two years are now defending Murray and it's funny. Murray definitely has to be better, but we're a terrible team right now all the way around.

31Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I suspect if nothing much has changed that the ahl guys would get a look once we come back from the road trip. Unless they are starting on February 5 like they were supposed to

32Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Last two games have been awful. I've completely forgotten how the team played in G1 and G3. I think the players have, as well. Things better change. Can't continue to suck with the same lame lineup. At least lose with the future in the lineup. If there's no longer changes - and I mean significant ones - I'm cancelling my TSN subscription and switching to Crave.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

33Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:44 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm with you there Walter...I'm gonna either cancel my Sportsnet or TSN subscriptions, or maybe both depending on if I can stomach watching Sens games or not moving forward. Wake me up when the team's good again.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum