GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

At the Half: predict thefinalists

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here we are at the half-way point of the Sens' season. It's too early, but what the heck -- how about some predictions for some of the year-end awards finalists. Sens-centered, of course Smile

Hart: The way things are going, Karlsson could be in the running. Where would the Sens be without his offense? Probably a lottery team. I don't think he will be a finalist but he will be very close.

Vezina: I think it will go to Thomas again. Sens don't get a sniff of this one. Even if Anderson goes on a 40 game streak playing like he has the last 4 games, his stats will still be too low for consideration (except for wins).

Norris: I think Karlsson has a very legitimate chance of winning. I think he definitely makes it as a finalist. His defensive play has been improving -- sure, he gets caught up ice a bit, but I liken that to that All Star center fielder who plays shallow. Sure, he has to make a spectacular running catch on what would be a routine pop fly to most others, but he's also there to stop rallies by catching balls that would drop in for singles against the rest. Karlsson is like that -- he takes chances but makes up for it (most of the time) with his skating and determination. He is +1 right now, after being -8 in November. If Andersson (sorry, just had to do the double-s) continues to provide solid goaltending like he has lately, Karlsson's +/- rating will continue heading north. Far north.

Calder: While Cowen is having a fantastic season by any standard, he is primarily a shutdown type of defenseman with a bit of offense. You know, the kind of rookie that hardly ever gets serious Calder consideration. It would be great if he was a finalist, but I just don't think the league thinks like that. RNH could run away with it, unless he really slows down in the second half.

Lady Byng: Alfredsson should ge strong consideration for this one, just for his "body of work" over the years. A sentimental favorite, perhaps. I'm a homer, sue me.

Selke: Hmm, perhaps Smith? Not well-known enough to get consideration, I'm afraid, but he's having one of those season. Unfortunately, so is Chris Kelly.

Jack Adams: Everyone is saying Kevin Dinneen is a lock, but I definitely think McStache is in the running. Both teams are around the same level now, but with the Caps coming on strong lately, and Anderson's improved play, this could change soon. I don't think Florida was projected to be as bad as the Sens were, so who knows -- I know he'd get *my* vote.

Bill Masterton: The Sens will nominate Alfie for this one. Book it!

Discuss. Add other awards if you want, just not the Messier one as it sucks.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

2At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen should be nominated, but won't win - which doesn't matter as he's THE Dung!!!

3At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For the Pepsi-Frito-Lay-Gatorade Mark Messier Greatest Leader in Ice Hockey Award, powered by Doritos, I nominate Jason Spezza!

4At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hart: Giroux. Most important to his team

Vezina: It will have to be Thomas (although worth noting that Rask has better GAA and save %, leading the league in both). Howard would also warrant Vezina consideration if he were playing for a different team. The old "Chris Osgood" effect.

Norris: Shea Weber. Better defenseman than Karlsson, but Karlsson will be in this discussion for many years to come.

Calder: RNH. Discussion begins and ends with RNH.

Lady Byng: Don't care. Maybe Datsyuk again?

Selke: Not entirely sure. Maybe Patrice Bergeron or Chris Kelly.

Jack Adams: Obviously way too early to tell with this one, but how can it not be MacStache if we wind up making the playoffs? This award seems to go to coaches of teams that exceed expectations, and we've got to be leading that charge. Runners-up: Dineen and Yeo (if the Wild finish strong).

Bill Masterton: Alfie makes sense. Being old AND having recovered from his back issues...he's a lock!

5At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:For the Pepsi-Frito-Lay-Gatorade Mark Messier Greatest Leader in Ice Hockey Award, powered by Doritos, I nominate Jason Spezza!

I nominate Dion Phaneuf, as he is more caveman-esque (and, thus, more Messier-like).

6At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:For the Pepsi-Frito-Lay-Gatorade Mark Messier Greatest Leader in Ice Hockey Award, powered by Doritos, I nominate Jason Spezza!

I nominate Dion Phaneuf, as he is more caveman-esque (and, thus, more Messier-like).

Agreed. Cheers

7At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I nominate a $5 foot-long sub from the U.S. of A.

8At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

I nominate a $5 foot-long sub from the U.S. of A.

Very fitting for Mark "Stars and Stripes" Messier.

9At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rask may have better numbers but he is the backup. He doesn't play the same number of games or the same level of opposition.

For the Adams, early in the season everyone was saying Bylsma because of what the team had done with Crosby and Malkin being out. Things have changed, eh?

I think Karlsson gives Weber a run for the money. Not really sure how Weber recovers from his concussion. I doubt he will continue to play as aggressively or, if he does, he may get concussed again.

tim1_2 wrote:Hart: Giroux. Most important to his team

Vezina: It will have to be Thomas (although worth noting that Rask has better GAA and save %, leading the league in both). Howard would also warrant Vezina consideration if he were playing for a different team. The old "Chris Osgood" effect.

Norris: Shea Weber. Better defenseman than Karlsson, but Karlsson will be in this discussion for many years to come.

Calder: RNH. Discussion begins and ends with RNH.

Lady Byng: Don't care. Maybe Datsyuk again?

Selke: Not entirely sure. Maybe Patrice Bergeron or Chris Kelly.

Jack Adams: Obviously way too early to tell with this one, but how can it not be MacStache if we wind up making the playoffs? This award seems to go to coaches of teams that exceed expectations, and we've got to be leading that charge. Runners-up: Dineen and Yeo (if the Wild finish strong).

Bill Masterton: Alfie makes sense. Being old AND having recovered from his back issues...he's a lock!

10At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ohhh, don't forget "D-Bag of the Year" award. Some nominees:

Brian Burke, Deputy Douchebag, Damian Cox (he's permanently nominated), Gary Bettman (also permanently nominated)....

11At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Ohhh, don't forget "D-Bag of the Year" award. Some nominees:

Brian Burke, Deputy Douchebag, Damian Cox (he's permanently nominated), Gary Bettman (also permanently nominated)....

These two would be the final nominees - and they should have to fight to the death. Steve Simmons too.

12At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Ohhh, don't forget "D-Bag of the Year" award. Some nominees:

Something, something, chicken dinner.

13At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Something, something, something ... Dark Side
Something, something, something ... compleTe

14At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was the funniest line in Family Guy.

15At the Half: predict thefinalists Empty Re: At the Half: predict thefinalists Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That was the funniest line in Family Guy.

Oh, you're so on!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum