GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Standings!

+7
NEELY
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Predict the Standings!  Empty Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go!

2Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

My favourite topic!...NOT

3Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, as soon as I posted it, I realized it wouldn't be as fun as it usually is.

4Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I like reading you guys' predictions though. I just don't like doing it Laugh1

5Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

East

1.Pittsburgh
2.Boston
3.Carolina
4.NY Rangers
5.Buffalo
6.Ottawa
7.Florida
8.Washington
---------------------------
9.Philadelphia
10.New Jersey
11.Winnipeg
12.Montreal
13.Tampa Bay
14.Toronto
15.NY Islanders

6Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Predicting a huge fall from grace for Philly that results in an amnesty buyout of Bryzgalov. Perhaps I'm selling TB short, but I don't like the team. Montreal could sneak into a spot. Washington, Florida and Ottawa could easily miss.

7Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:East

1.Pittsburgh
2.Boston
3.Carolina
4.NY Rangers
5.Buffalo
6.Ottawa
7.Florida
8.Washington
---------------------------
9.Philadelphia
10.New Jersey
11.Winnipeg
12.Montreal
13.Tampa Bay
14.Toronto
15.NY Islanders

I predict a fall from grace for Boston more than Philly. Can't argue with Pittsburgh being on top, with Crobsy and Letang and Orpik all healthy. Only thing that could slow them down is MAF playing like he did in the first round last year.

Didn't Backstrom go head first into the boards in the KHL? Ovechkin later tweeted he was fine but who knows. Ovechkin is getting married so I can easily see him repeat a lacklustre season.

I really, really don't see what you see in Carolina. They finished last in their Division -- arguably the weakest in the East. You are saying they go from 5th to 1st?

Here are my predictions:

1. Penguins
2. Capitals
3. Bruins
4. Rangers
5. Sabres
6. Flyers
7. Senators
8. Panthers
9. who cares
10. who cares
11. who cares
12. who cares
13. who cares
14. who cares
15. who cares

8Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I think the two breakout teams are Montreal and Carolina.

Carolina because they added a massive piece in Staal to go with an already formidable lineup up front - mind you, the D might be an issue, but Cam Ward is there to mop things up.

Montreal has a lot of nice pieces, I'd be a little nervous of them.

9Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think one player (Staal) can take a bottom feeding team and make them win their Division. Think of it this way -- we have not seen what Staal can do against the other teams' *top* lines (unless you are talking about the PK). He'll be playing longer minutes against better opponents. It would not be surprising at all if it takes him a bit of time to get used to this. And he's only got 48 games.

Montreal still has to go through some growing pains, I think. New coach and GM definitely step in the right direction, but they haven't gotten rid of all of Gauthier's bad moves yet.

10Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow I can't begin to think about how this will shake out. it's so hard to tell with such a short season. anyone fumbling out of the gate could see themselves out of the playoffs. i woudn't discount Tampa or carolina for sure. will be very interesting to see what the staals can do together.
mnot sure with the caps. there's so many variables there. will Ovie have a resurgence with Semin? could very much be.

The panthers are a big question mark for me. they had a good year but alot went well. depends how many prospects are making the jump and how they perform.

i'm really hoping the leafs fall hard on their Donkey(but not fa enough to get a good pick. Sarcasm )

11Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't think one player (Staal) can take a bottom feeding team and make them win their Division. Think of it this way -- we have not seen what Staal can do against the other teams' *top* lines (unless you are talking about the PK). He'll be playing longer minutes against better opponents. It would not be surprising at all if it takes him a bit of time to get used to this. And he's only got 48 games.

Montreal still has to go through some growing pains, I think. New coach and GM definitely step in the right direction, but they haven't gotten rid of all of Gauthier's bad moves yet.

They had mad injuries last year as well IIRC. I think you'll see a Carolina team that will be very efficient.

12Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think sens will miss this year tbh. I smell injury troubles in a shortened season.....and don't hate my toronto pick!

1. Rangers (easy)
2. Boston (will rebound well after thomas is gone)
3. Carolina (just a sudden boost in morale with the staals)
4. Pittsburgh (same ol')
5. Philadelphia (same ol' - Giroux is too good)
6. Washington (Holtby will get hot late in the season)
7. Buffalo (They ended well last year)
8. Toronto (if they get Luongo)/Florida (toronto was doing well till their wheels completely fell off...no reason to think they can't get back to that level for 48 games with Lupul, kessel, gardiner....and maybe Luongo)

9. Toronto (if they don't get Luongo)/Florida (florida will suffer with loss of garrison but maybe markstrom backstops them at least to contention. Either way they're close but no cigar if toronto gets luongo)
10. New Jersey (meh no parise, and adam henrique ain't going to replace his production)
11. Ottawa (injuries to dmen may do us in)
12. Tampa (stamkos isn't enough...need goalie)
13. Montreal (they suffered lots of injuires last year...more of the same)
14. Winnipeg (bleh I don't care....evander kane has a really down year and so does pavelec)
15. NYI (they need a real goalie...oilers of the east)

13Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It'll be close as to whether or not the Sens make it, I'll fully admit to that.

14Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I think sens will miss this year tbh. I smell injury troubles in a shortened season.....and don't hate my toronto pick!

1. Rangers (easy)
2. Boston (will rebound well after thomas is gone)
3. Carolina (just a sudden boost in morale with the staals)
4. Pittsburgh (same ol')
5. Philadelphia (same ol' - Giroux is too good)
6. Washington (Holtby will get hot late in the season)
7. Buffalo (They ended well last year)
8. Toronto (if they get Luongo)/Florida (toronto was doing well till their wheels completely fell off...no reason to think they can't get back to that level for 48 games with Lupul, kessel, gardiner....and maybe Luongo)

9. Toronto (if they don't get Luongo)/Florida (florida will suffer with loss of garrison but maybe markstrom backstops them at least to contention. Either way they're close but no cigar if toronto gets luongo)
10. New Jersey (meh no parise, and adam henrique ain't going to replace his production)
11. Ottawa (injuries to dmen may do us in)
12. Tampa (stamkos isn't enough...need goalie)
13. Montreal (they suffered lots of injuires last year...more of the same)
14. Winnipeg (bleh I don't care....evander kane has a really down year and so does pavelec)
15. NYI (they need a real goalie...oilers of the east)

they acquired Lindback from NSH. he could be quite good for them.

15Predict the Standings!  Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You guys aren't Sens fans. How can you (Michalica) sport a "Yes We Can" avatar while picking them to finish behind mother-diddling Devils???! And Leafs and Lighting???!

Stamkos scored 60 last year *AND THEY STILL MISSED*!!! You think he gets close to 60 again?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum