GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conference Standings Predictions

+2
Phoenix30
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Conference Standings Predictions Empty Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 am

Standings

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Pittsburgh

Detroit

Montreal

San Jose

Washington

Calgary

Philadelphia

Dallas

Boston

Anaheim

Ottawa

Colorado

NYR

Minnesota

Carolina

Edmonton

NJ

Vancouver

Buffalo

Chicago

Toronto

Nashville

Florida

Phoenix

TB

Columbus

Atlanta

LA

NYI

St Louis

2Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting. I don't see Pittsburgh 1st in the Conference. They have lost a lot of grit and didn't replace it very well IMO. I think Pittsburgh will drop to 4th or 5th. I see Boston in the 4th or 3rd position and I see Carolina out and NJ in. I think the West is pretty close although I really hope SJ tanks, assuming Ottawa hangs onto that pick of course :D

- Unknown Author

3Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:18 am

who would u put 1 cap'n crunch

4Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a really tough one. I'd have to think about that one for a while. I think the leading candidates are actually Philly, Boston, Montreal and Ottawa. I know Boston seems like a long shot but they have improved there D, they'll have another season under Julien and they are getting Bergeron back. I think they'll surprise a lot of people.

- Unknown Author

5Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:29 am

you're probably right with montreal Razz

6Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:32 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

furiousgreg wrote:

Standings

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Pittsburgh

Detroit

Montreal

San Jose

Washington

Calgary

Philadelphia

Dallas

Boston

Anaheim

Ottawa

Colorado

NYR

Minnesota

Carolina

Edmonton

NJ

Vancouver

Buffalo

Chicago

Toronto

Nashville

Florida

Phoenix

TB

Columbus

Atlanta

LA

NYI

St Louis

Seeing how strong SJ's division, I have this feeling Phoenix and Chicago push for a playoff spot this year so maybe SJ does not make it.

7Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am

not alot of high expectations for SJ this year...

8Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:39 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

furiousgreg wrote:not alot of high expectations for SJ this year...

They've been all over the map the past 10 years on where they draft. As well, the lower end teams are starting to catch up. I think this is the year where they slide a bit as they havent done much to retool the team. From my part I am sort of hoping they slide so the pick would be worth a little more. I also suspect that the Sens are going to slip a little and where probably going to draft in around the 15 mark next year.

9Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll try again. I have the Eastern Conference in here already, but I'll do it again for fun:

Eastern Conference

1.NJ Devils
2.Boston
3.Washington
4.Philly
5.Pittsburgh
6.Montreal
7.Ottawa
8.NY Rangers
12.Tampa Bay
13.Toronto
14.Atlanta
14.NY Islanders

Western Conference:

1.Detroit
2.Anaheim
3.Calgary
4.San Jose
5.Dallas
6.Minny
7.Chicago
8.Edmonton
12.Nashville
13.Columbus
14.St.Louis
15.LA

Darkhorses: Buffalo and Phoenix.

10Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dennycrane's Picks:

East:

1.Philly
2.Ottawa
3.Washinton
4.Montreal
5.NYRangers
6.Pittsburgh
7.Carolina
8.Florida

West

1.Detroit
2.SJ
3.Minny
4.Vancouver
5.Dallas
6.Anaheim
7.Chicago
8.Phoenix

11Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I'll try again. I have the Eastern Conference in here already, but I'll do it again for fun:

Eastern Conference

1.NJ Devils
2.Boston
3.Washington
4.Philly
5.Pittsburgh
6.Montreal
7.Ottawa
8.NY Rangers
12.Tampa Bay
13.Toronto
14.Atlanta
14.NY Islanders

Western Conference:

1.Detroit
2.Anaheim
3.Calgary
4.San Jose
5.Dallas
6.Minny
7.Chicago
8.Edmonton
12.Nashville
13.Columbus
14.St.Louis
15.LA

Darkhorses: Buffalo and Phoenix.

really eh? Devils winning the conference?

12Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:

Yeah, I really like what they did in the off-season - and they were already strong. The issue the Devils have is defense and the suck factor, but in the grand scheme of things, they have the best defender in the history of the game in Martin Brodeur. I think with the additions of Zubruis, Rolston and Holik and the maturation of Zajac, Parise and the fact that now Elias can move to his natural wing position could mean the Conference for the Devils. And if Gionta doesn't start producing, they'll undoubtedly move him for a D-man - he's only a couple of years removed from scoring 48, maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

13Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Yeah, I really like what they did in the off-season - and they were already strong. The issue the Devils have is defense and the suck factor, but in the grand scheme of things, they have the best defender in the history of the game in Martin Brodeur. I think with the additions of Zubruis, Rolston and Holik and the maturation of Zajac, Parise and the fact that now Elias can move to his natural wing position could mean the Conference for the Devils. And if Gionta doesn't start producing, they'll undoubtedly move him for a D-man - he's only a couple of years removed from scoring 48, maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Could be... It's just so funny this year, because the East is so wide open... Really, there are teams who could win the conference just as much as fail to make the playoffs... It's crazy how there is no clear favorites in the East..

14Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know! It's crazy. I'm thinking the Pens might be in a world of trouble.

15Conference Standings Predictions Empty Re: Conference Standings Predictions Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

For the East:

1. Montreal
2. NYR
3. Philly
4. Pittsburgh
5. NJD
6. Boston
7. Caps
8. Leafs

9.*Ottawa beat out by one goal due to brutal giveaway by Spezza

Yes Leafs my friends. This is all based on the GAS factor seen on ice in the pre and current season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum