GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Standings!

+7
NEELY
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The few predictions in this thread are full of funny.

We pretty much universally underrated the Isles and Habs and overrated Buffalo.

32Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:East

1.Pittsburgh
2.Boston
3.Carolina
4.NY Rangers
5.Buffalo
6.Ottawa
7.Florida
8.Washington
---------------------------
9.Philadelphia
10.New Jersey
11.Winnipeg
12.Montreal
13.Tampa Bay
14.Toronto
15.NY Islanders

I was close in some areas and way off in others. Should have listened to my gut about Montreal.

33Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:Tampa is still in trouble. St.Louis and Lecailver are another year older, their D is lacking to say the least, their goaltending is unproven, and Boucher won't be surprising anyone with his old tricks.

give this guy a gold star.

34Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The easy guesses were Pittsburgh and Boston, so you get no credit for those.

The easy way to judge your prediction success is just on a playoff/non-playoff basis...but we discount Pitts and Boston, because they were too easy Smile.

So, you got 3 out of 6. 50%. You pass, but you're not going to amount to anything.

35Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Lots of people bought into the Carolina hype due to Staal and Semin it seems.

As for Montreal, I had no idea they could be this good.

Leafs are lucky it's a short season, I think they'd fall apart over an 82 game season and the stats show it.

Islanders have finally made the push, probably because Nabakov is finally playing well.

Florida might have it made it it was not for injuries.

36Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Lots of people bought into the Carolina hype due to Staal and Semin it seems.

You are correct. And I think the Staals are great, but I would never want Jordan and Eric leading my team. The year Carolina won the cup had zero to do with Eric's leadership. Semin has been good there, as predicted, but there's just too many holes in their lineup.

Injuries to Ward and Pitkanen, etc, haven't helped them, but injuries can never be an excuse in the Southleast division.

37Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
You are correct. And I think the Staals are great, but I would never want Jordan and Eric leading my team. The year Carolina won the cup had zero to do with Eric's leadership. Semin has been good there, as predicted, but there's just too many holes in their lineup.

Yeah Neely has going off on Staal for some time here Smile

Semin was good until he signed that contract lol. He is not a good you want to count on, Washington finally figured it out after many years and looks like Carolina didn't catch that. It is why I never wanted us to sign him, and luckily we didn't.

I think the Murrays value character a lot (drafting and trading) so that would never come to pass anyway.

38Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Semin's actually be pretty good for them. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I always thought of Semin as a bit of a Marty Havlat type...incredibly skilled, but better as a 2nd liner where there's less pressure and fewer expectations.

39Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah Neely has going off on Staal for some time here Smile

Semin was good until he signed that contract lol. He is not a good you want to count on, Washington finally figured it out after many years and looks like Carolina didn't catch that. It is why I never wanted us to sign him, and luckily we didn't.

I think the Murrays value character a lot (drafting and trading) so that would never come to pass anyway.
yes because Murray never gave Kovalev a 2 year 10 mill contract.... Sarcasm

(cue the argument that this was melnyk's contract) I love murray but i don't think anyone is beyond taking risks.

40Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

(cue the argument that this was melnyk's contract) I love murray but i don't think anyone is beyond taking risks.

I think that was a desperation move with Heatley gone, who knows who was really behind it. It was only 2 years so it's not like it really hurt us. Signing a questionable player long term is a far more iffy move.

41Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think that was a desperation move with Heatley gone, who knows who was really behind it. It was only 2 years so it's not like it really hurt us. Signing a questionable player long term is a far more iffy move.

It really hurt my brain, if that counts.

42Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
NEELY wrote:Tampa is still in trouble. St.Louis and Lecailver are another year older, their D is lacking to say the least, their goaltending is unproven, and Boucher won't be surprising anyone with his old tricks.

give this guy a gold star.

Well done

43Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I should have way more (+) but I can't (+) myself.

44Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:10 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I should have way more (+) but I can't (+) myself.

That's cuz you suck your own cock a little too much on these boards, but I did '+' you for a bang on preseason analysis on the tampa bay squad.

45Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:

That's cuz you suck your own cock a little too much on these boards, but I did '+' you for a bang on preseason analysis on the tampa bay squad.

I wish!

46Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A post like that deserves a (-). StickmanDancing

47Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Predictions for Tampa Bay next year should be a little more interesting/difficult Smile

48Predict the Standings!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I wish!

You can always marilyn manson it.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum