GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Standings!

+7
NEELY
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It'll be close as to whether or not the Sens make it, I'll fully admit to that.

17Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I think sens will miss this year tbh. I smell injury troubles in a shortened season.....and don't hate my toronto pick!

1. Rangers (easy)
2. Boston (will rebound well after thomas is gone)
3. Carolina (just a sudden boost in morale with the staals)
4. Pittsburgh (same ol')
5. Philadelphia (same ol' - Giroux is too good)
6. Washington (Holtby will get hot late in the season)
7. Buffalo (They ended well last year)
8. Toronto (if they get Luongo)/Florida (toronto was doing well till their wheels completely fell off...no reason to think they can't get back to that level for 48 games with Lupul, kessel, gardiner....and maybe Luongo)

9. Toronto (if they don't get Luongo)/Florida (florida will suffer with loss of garrison but maybe markstrom backstops them at least to contention. Either way they're close but no cigar if toronto gets luongo)
10. New Jersey (meh no parise, and adam henrique ain't going to replace his production)
11. Ottawa (injuries to dmen may do us in)
12. Tampa (stamkos isn't enough...need goalie)
13. Montreal (they suffered lots of injuires last year...more of the same)
14. Winnipeg (bleh I don't care....evander kane has a really down year and so does pavelec)
15. NYI (they need a real goalie...oilers of the east)

they acquired Lindback from NSH. he could be quite good for them.

18Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

You guys aren't Sens fans. How can you (Michalica) sport a "Yes We Can" avatar while picking them to finish behind mother-diddling Devils???! And Leafs and Lighting???!

Stamkos scored 60 last year *AND THEY STILL MISSED*!!! You think he gets close to 60 again?

19Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stamkos scored 60 last year *AND THEY STILL MISSED*!!! You think he gets close to 60 again?

That'd be something in a 48 game season.

20Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Tampa is still in trouble. St.Louis and Lecailver are another year older, their D is lacking to say the least, their goaltending is unproven, and Boucher won't be surprising anyone with his old tricks.

21Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Luongo to Tampa?

22Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Luongo to Tampa?

Interesting theory. One would think he'd probably waive to go there. The Lightning would have to send some hefty contracts back to the Canucks though...Lecavalier? Heeheehee.

23Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really dislike TB's defence. Don't think they make it personally.

24Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:You guys aren't Sens fans. How can you (Michalica) sport a "Yes We Can" avatar while picking them to finish behind mother-diddling Devils???! And Leafs and Lighting???!

Stamkos scored 60 last year *AND THEY STILL MISSED*!!! You think he gets close to 60 again?

The same way we can all yell out 'we're getting raped' during gameday....

25Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens go undefeated to take Conference and League honours. Don't really care where the other teams land but I hope Fraudeur and the Devils are tied for dead last with the perennially overrated Wings.

26Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:I think sens will miss this year tbh. I smell injury troubles in a shortened season.....and don't hate my toronto pick!

1. Rangers (easy)
2. Boston (will rebound well after thomas is gone)
3. Carolina (just a sudden boost in morale with the staals)
4. Pittsburgh (same ol')
5. Philadelphia (same ol' - Giroux is too good)
6. Washington (Holtby will get hot late in the season)
7. Buffalo (They ended well last year)
8. Toronto (if they get Luongo)/Florida (toronto was doing well till their wheels completely fell off...no reason to think they can't get back to that level for 48 games with Lupul, kessel, gardiner....and maybe Luongo)

9. Toronto (if they don't get Luongo)/Florida (florida will suffer with loss of garrison but maybe markstrom backstops them at least to contention. Either way they're close but no cigar if toronto gets luongo)
10. New Jersey (meh no parise, and adam henrique ain't going to replace his production)
11. Ottawa (injuries to dmen may do us in)
12. Tampa (stamkos isn't enough...need goalie)
13. Montreal (they suffered lots of injuires last year...more of the same)
14. Winnipeg (bleh I don't care....evander kane has a really down year and so does pavelec)
15. NYI (they need a real goalie...oilers of the east)

they acquired Lindback from NSH. he could be quite good for them.

haha Dung I totally don't remember this....That's an upgrade for sure. Forgive me, it's been a while Coffee!

27Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We will see how good Lindback is with playing the majority of games and not just a backup. Might be a home run, might completely bomb out too.

28Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:We will see how good Lindback is with playing the majority of games and not just a backup. Might be a home run, might completely bomb out too.

Whatever the scenario, he can't be worse than roloson.

29Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:We will see how good Lindback is with playing the majority of games and not just a backup. Might be a home run, might completely bomb out too.

Whatever the scenario, he can't be worse than roloson.

Will be tough to be better than Roloson the year before last.

30Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It'll be tough to stop the amount of shots that are coming with a crap defence like TB has.

31Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The few predictions in this thread are full of funny.

We pretty much universally underrated the Isles and Habs and overrated Buffalo.

32Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:East

1.Pittsburgh
2.Boston
3.Carolina
4.NY Rangers
5.Buffalo
6.Ottawa
7.Florida
8.Washington
---------------------------
9.Philadelphia
10.New Jersey
11.Winnipeg
12.Montreal
13.Tampa Bay
14.Toronto
15.NY Islanders

I was close in some areas and way off in others. Should have listened to my gut about Montreal.

33Predict the Standings!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:Tampa is still in trouble. St.Louis and Lecailver are another year older, their D is lacking to say the least, their goaltending is unproven, and Boucher won't be surprising anyone with his old tricks.

give this guy a gold star.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum