GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict: Where will Brian Lee go?

+3
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His tenure is coming to an end here.

What can the Sens organization realistically expect in return?

As mentioned before, the team/organization needs are:

1.PP QB for Bingo - think Andre Benoit or D.Smith

2.Veteran forward for Bingo - Alexander Giroux was mentioned at one point, one of those 'ringers' would do wonders.

3.Project forward - a la Omark, but I assume not him if he doesn't want to play in the AHL.

4.Pick - the least desirable - especially considering it'd be pretty low

5.A goalie prospect!!!! Preferably someone from the OHL as we have 2 in the AHL right now. Or a stud ECHLer who can move up to the AHL next season when Lehner's gone.

6.Nothing - which would mean we waive him to give him a chance with another organization after getting no offers, but I think we can move him in a one-for-one (small) deal.

Thoughts?

2Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Waivers

3Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#1. But he will be the PP QB for Bingo we'll be getting in return

4Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Waivers

I knew you were gonna say that lool. Why can't we move him for what I specified? An AHL D-man? An AHL sniper? A late pick? A project prospect? I can't understand why there isn't a team out there that wouldn't want to take him for the rest of the season for next to nothing.

5Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Peggy wrote:#1. But he will be the PP QB for Bingo we'll be getting in return

Uck, I'd rather use Hoffman there.

6Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Does Minny need a 7th man? GMs like their hometown boys!

7Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Waivers

I knew you were gonna say that lool. Why can't we move him for what I specified? An AHL D-man? An AHL sniper? A late pick? A project prospect? I can't understand why there isn't a team out there that wouldn't want to take him for the rest of the season for next to nothing.

Because who ever picks up Lee needs to put him in their lineup and he takes up cap space. No one wants Brian Lee and if by some miracle some team does want him, it won't be for anything more than a crappy roster player that they would want to fill the top 6 role but will fail miserably.

8Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezD, stop looling. I have no idea what to insert for the extra 'o'.

Doez Minny need a right-side playing defenseman with size and a local connection? Right now their depth chart shows 5 in total (with Zanon on IR).

9Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:SpezD, stop looling. I have no idea what to insert for the extra 'o'.

Doez Minny need a right-side playing defenseman with size and a local connection? Right now their depth chart shows 5 in total (with Zanon on IR).

I can't stop, I saw someone do it on Twitter and looled and now I'm hooked. #can'thelpit

10Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Because who ever picks up Lee needs to put him in their lineup and he takes up cap space. No one wants Brian Lee and if by some miracle some team does want him, it won't be for anything more than a crappy roster player that they would want to fill the top 6 role but will fail miserably.

You wouldn't take a decent bottom pairing D-man for under 1 million for an AHLer? *

*Providing your depth isn't up to snuff of course.

11Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

You wouldn't take a decent bottom pairing D-man for under 1 million for an AHLer? *

*Providing your depth isn't up to snuff of course.

Probably not. Lee doesn't provide anything other than depth. I wouldn't trade anything for him because there are guys who were on the waiver wire that make around the same amount and are better than Lee is.

12Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Does Minny need a 7th man? GMs like their hometown boys!

Not really I don't think. They like to roll with youth over there with Falk and Prosser outplaying the guys on the IR (Zanon and Lundin).

Zanon will likely be shopped, Lundin will likely be their 7th when they return. Plus Stoner (haha) is injured I think, so he'll return as well. All better candidates than Brian Lee.

13Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Probably not. Lee doesn't provide anything other than depth. I wouldn't trade anything for him because there are guys who were on the waiver wire that make around the same amount and are better than Lee is.

I'm not really one to defend Lee - although I thought he was good last year and in the very limited time this year - but, really? There are guys on the waiver wire you'd prefer over him?

14Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Does Minny need a 7th man? GMs like their hometown boys!

Not really I don't think. They like to roll with youth over there with Falk and Prosser outplaying the guys on the IR (Zanon and Lundin).

Zanon will likely be shopped, Lundin will likely be their 7th when they return. Plus Stoner (haha) is injured I think, so he'll return as well. All better candidates than Brian Lee.

You just named some "just OK" players that are better than Lee. So Lee should easily clear waivers back to the AHL. Cheers

15Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm not really one to defend Lee - although I thought he was good last year and in the very limited time this year - but, really? There are guys on the waiver wire you'd prefer over him?

Yup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum