GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict: Where will Brian Lee go?

+3
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Probably not. Lee doesn't provide anything other than depth. I wouldn't trade anything for him because there are guys who were on the waiver wire that make around the same amount and are better than Lee is.

I'm not really one to defend Lee - although I thought he was good last year and in the very limited time this year - but, really? There are guys on the waiver wire you'd prefer over him?

17Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Does Minny need a 7th man? GMs like their hometown boys!

Not really I don't think. They like to roll with youth over there with Falk and Prosser outplaying the guys on the IR (Zanon and Lundin).

Zanon will likely be shopped, Lundin will likely be their 7th when they return. Plus Stoner (haha) is injured I think, so he'll return as well. All better candidates than Brian Lee.

You just named some "just OK" players that are better than Lee. So Lee should easily clear waivers back to the AHL. Cheers

18Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Probably not. Lee doesn't provide anything other than depth. I wouldn't trade anything for him because there are guys who were on the waiver wire that make around the same amount and are better than Lee is.

I'm not really one to defend Lee - although I thought he was good last year and in the very limited time this year - but, really? There are guys on the waiver wire you'd prefer over him?

Yup.

19Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:SpezD, stop looling. I have no idea what to insert for the extra 'o'.

Doez Minny need a right-side playing defenseman with size and a local connection? Right now their depth chart shows 5 in total (with Zanon on IR).

I can't stop, I saw someone do it on Twitter and looled and now I'm hooked. #can'thelpit

You mean hoooked?

20Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anyways, if Murray is looking for value back in a trade then Carkner is the guy that would be traded. He's actually someone that could get a 3rd or a 4th round pick back.

Other than that... Kuba at the deadline, maybe Gonchar at the deadline if the Sens are out of the playoff race.

21Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If anyone gets traded soon, I think it'll be Kuba.

Lee might be sent to the AHL, and someone might claim him on waivers. I think if Lee COULD be traded for anything reasonable he would've already been traded. I think there's zero interest in him currently, and wouldn't be unless he was actually dressed for like 30-40 games in a row and played well....and I don't think that will happen, especially with Carkner coming back.

Carkner coming back presents some problems for our already-crowded blueline, but I hope he gets a legit shot to re-establish himself on the back-end. He provides some physicality on D that we currently lack.

22Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict: Where will Brian Lee go? Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:If anyone gets traded soon, I think it'll be Kuba.

Lee might be sent to the AHL, and someone might claim him on waivers. I think if Lee COULD be traded for anything reasonable he would've already been traded. I think there's zero interest in him currently, and wouldn't be unless he was actually dressed for like 30-40 games in a row and played well....and I don't think that will happen, especially with Carkner coming back.

Carkner coming back presents some problems for our already-crowded blueline, but I hope he gets a legit shot to re-establish himself on the back-end. He provides some physicality on D that we currently lack.

Pretty much agree with it all except the Kuba thing. If Kuba is traded it will be after x-mas I would think unless the Sens feel they are totally out of it already and want to get some games in for Wiercoich and Borowiecki. A 2nd round pick isn't out of the relm of possibility for him playing how he's playing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum