GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CFL in Ottawa

+2
shabbs
Ev
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CFL in Ottawa Empty CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So that guy who designed the Sens third jersey launched a campaign to name the Ottawa CFl team the "Highlanders".

https://www.facebook.com/OttawaHighlanders2014

CFL in Ottawa 46214_375397642540843_1648285676_nCFL in Ottawa 552392_374736495940291_620759750_nCFL in Ottawa 253001_374292862651321_713584794_n

I wouldn't go to a CFL game if you paid me, but I still don't like this brand. What are your thoughts?

2CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How about the Ottawa HopefullyWeAreHereLongerThanLastTimes?

Heh heh.

3CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:So that guy who designed the Sens third jersey launched a campaign to name the Ottawa CFl team the "Highlanders".

I wouldn't go to a CFL game if you paid me, but I still don't like this brand. What are your thoughts?

I like the sentiment behind it and the graphics are cool but "Highlanders" applies to so many regiments across Canada and throughout the Commonwealth that it hardly screams "Ottawa."

4CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like it. I doubt I'll ever spend money to watch them pay, though, but the logo is not half-way bad. It *may* not appeal to the atheists among us, though Smile

5CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Highlanders is pretty weak....but then again, so is the CFL, so I guess it's fine.

6CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Toyota Highlander:

CFL in Ottawa Highlander_overview_main

The Hollywood Highlanders:

CFL in Ottawa 174116__highlander_l

7CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is as good as anything else. I don't think people really care.

One thing that always made the CFL seem like a big joke to me was that we had two teams called the Roughriders. I mean, really? You have 7 teams in the league, and two of them need to share a name? It was absolutely ridiculous.

The "Renegades" was a bad name.

8CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Fighting Montageese

9CFL in Ottawa Empty Re: CFL in Ottawa Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator