GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver

Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I suspect if nothing much has changed that the ahl guys would get a look once we come back from the road trip. Unless they are starting on February 5 like they were supposed to

32Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Last two games have been awful. I've completely forgotten how the team played in G1 and G3. I think the players have, as well. Things better change. Can't continue to suck with the same lame lineup. At least lose with the future in the lineup. If there's no longer changes - and I mean significant ones - I'm cancelling my TSN subscription and switching to Crave.

33Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:44 pm

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm with you there Walter...I'm gonna either cancel my Sportsnet or TSN subscriptions, or maybe both depending on if I can stomach watching Sens games or not moving forward. Wake me up when the team's good again.

34Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’ll still watch, but the 10pm games are tough

35Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I just get the exact same vibe from the team this year as last season. Hurtling towards a finish near or at the bottom, which was pretty predictable. Hopefully this is the last season of tanking and then next season we actually bring in good players instead of plugs.

36Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Yeah we waited over 300 days for a bunch of garbage. Really disappointing . They had such a great opportunity to capitalize with virtually nothing else on tv and it was squandered

37Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I just get the exact same vibe from the team this year as last season.  Hurtling towards a finish near or at the bottom, which was pretty predictable.  Hopefully this is the last season of tanking and then next season we actually bring in good players instead of plugs.

Who do you want them to bring in? I doubt they really bring anyone unless they trade for some. Which they might. Between now and the end of the season I expect a trickle of guys to be moved on up from the AHL.

Whatever Dorion said about this I didn’t really take seriously. I knew we were gonna suck hard. I expect us to start climbing out next year.
I get some of the moves he made but the quantity of moves he made were unnecessary.
I can even get behind bringing Stepan in.

But Galchenyuk and Gudbranson were needless.

Watson has been a good one, jury still out on Brown but it should have been either Gudbranson or brown. Not both.

Not to mention the Tampa trade, which I don’t want to complain about too much as we finally see Dorion utilize his cap space to get assets.

38Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Galchenyuk is only unnecessary if he doesn't get ice time. Disconnect between GM and Coach? Wouldn't mind so much that they suck if they did that with rookies leading the way. They are $9M above cap floor aged could have gotten to the same place in the standings without the extra $9M or at least with less of that. Meanwhile Brannstrom, Formenton, Chlapik aren't even playing and we lost Balcers for nothing.

Frustrating.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

39Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Keep in mind that in classic Ottawa fashion, while our cap hit might be $70M, our actual salary expenditures are $58M.

40Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Don't forget that the game tonight is at 8pm EST. This way we don't have to stay up as late in case the team sharts the bed again.

41Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Keep in mind that in classic Ottawa fashion, while our cap hit might be $70M, our actual salary expenditures are $58M.  

Yes, well aware. Point was that we didn't bring those players in because we needed to reach the floor.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

42Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
And now we lose Jaros for an ECHL forward and a 7th. Not that I thought Jaros was destined to be top four, but we've spent several years developing him.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

43Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:And now we lose Jaros for an ECHL forward and a 7th. Not that I thought Jaros was destined to be top four, but we've spent several years developing him.

You realize he was on waivers two weeks ago right?

AHL move

44Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:21 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Galchenyuk is only unnecessary if he doesn't get ice time. Disconnect between GM and Coach? Wouldn't mind so much that they suck if they did that with rookies leading the way. They are $9M above cap floor aged could have gotten to the same place in the standings without the extra $9M or at least with less of that. Meanwhile Brannstrom, Formenton, Chlapik aren't even playing and we lost Balcers for nothing.

Frustrating.

With you. In no other sport do you see a GM finish last in the league three years in a row and still have a job. I think Dorion will be canned by the end of the year. He will be remembered by the Karlsson trade which worked out for him luckily but his proudest moment was trading mark stone for an undersized defenseman who hasn't been able to crack the worst defense in the league two years in a row

45Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Galchenyuk is only unnecessary if he doesn't get ice time. Disconnect between GM and Coach? Wouldn't mind so much that they suck if they did that with rookies leading the way. They are $9M above cap floor aged could have gotten to the same place in the standings without the extra $9M or at least with less of that. Meanwhile Brannstrom, Formenton, Chlapik aren't even playing and we lost Balcers for nothing.

Frustrating.

With you. In no other sport do you see a GM finish last in the league three years in a row and still have a job. I think Dorion will be canned by the end of the year. He will be remembered by the Karlsson trade which worked out for him luckily but his proudest moment was trading mark stone for an undersized defenseman who hasn't been able to crack the worst defense in the league two years in a row

Im not sure I agree. I think Dorion has a longer leash than we think.
It took us so long to fill the POHO, why would we think we could lure a competent GM to the team?
I don’t like Dorion but I also don’t think he’s the worst candidate there could be. Especially under the constraints of current ownership.

As for Brannstrom let’s hold off a little bit. He’s still young.

46Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I know the constant losing sucks, but I think the expectation this season was another tank-job. There's no way anyone can look at our free agent/off-season "acquisitions" and believe the intent this year was to be competitive. And honestly, I think tanking for one more season makes sense, especially in this whacky COVID season.

We absolutely need to be competitive next season though.

47Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'm almost convinced this is by design. No fans in the arena, money loss is pretty much capped (there may be fans at playoff games but no chance of getting there), why not tank one more season and get another lottery pick.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is going $9M over the floor.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

48Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 3 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I'm almost convinced this is by design. No fans in the arena, money loss is pretty much capped (there may be fans at playoff games but no chance of getting there), why not tank one more season and get another lottery pick.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is going $9M over the floor.  

Yep, it's a fine season to tank. We probably have one or two too many vets clogging up the roster, but whatever.

My patience runs out after this season though. Time to get good.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum