GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Agree to disagree. Meanwhile UND plays next week and the AHL doesn't start until February at the earliest, so it looks like a good decision was made by all.

Pinto, Tychonik and JBD will be in Belleville next season, and I hope Klevin and Sanderson play another year at UND.

Tychonick isn't even at UND. He will likely be in college for a couple more years, and might never make the AHL.

Sanderson will be in the NHL or AHL next year. Kleven will be in college.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh shoot. I didn't realize he transferred to Omaha. He was still almost 0.5 ppg last year. Not sure why he fell out of favour at UND. Good for him to get a chance.

Sens will be smart not to rush their prospects. If Sanderson wants to play a second year in college then I am all for it.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Oh shoot. I didn't realize he transferred to Omaha. He was still almost 0.5 ppg last year. Not sure why he fell out of favour at UND. Good for him to get a chance.

Sens will be smart not to rush their prospects. If Sanderson wants to play a second year in college then I am all for it.

we'll see with Sanderson. one more year of college vs one year of AHL. i think i'd prefer the AHL. but i'm not in a hurry to have him make the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I feel the same with Stutzle. I hope he plays 20-30 games in the AHL then plays in Ottawa come the end of the season. The NHL is not a development league.

Not sure what to expect from Ottawa and I know the European leagues are a lot different than the AHL and NHL, but I am pretty excited to see what Balcers, Abramov and Brannstrom can do this season, and am hoping for big steps from Batherson and L. Brown.

I also hope they keep Gustavsson overseas all season which will give him and D'accord a lot of games, and the Sens can have Mandolese back up in Belleville.

Sens need to put their players in the best positions possible for next year, noting it will be a short season, and maybe the NCAA guys can join Belleville/Ottawa if the season goes into the summer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I feel the same with Stutzle. I hope he plays 20-30 games in the AHL then plays in Ottawa come the end of the season. The NHL is not a development league.

Not sure what to expect from Ottawa and I know the European leagues are a lot different than the AHL and NHL, but I am pretty excited to see what Balcers, Abramov and Brannstrom can do this season, and am hoping for big steps from Batherson and L. Brown.

I also hope they keep Gustavsson overseas all season which will give him and D'accord a lot of games, and the Sens can have Mandolese back up in Belleville.

Sens need to put their players in the best positions possible for next year, noting it will be a short season, and maybe the NCAA guys can join Belleville/Ottawa if the season goes into the summer.

it's hard not to be excited at what Abramov and Brannstrom could become. i'm not sure they start in Ottawa though. i think Balcer could though. Logan will be given every opportunity to make the team as it stands today with our lack of depth at that position. but when it's all said and done, if he didn't improve his compete and speed enough, he might be in Belleville.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Oh shoot. I didn't realize he transferred to Omaha. He was still almost 0.5 ppg last year. Not sure why he fell out of favour at UND. Good for him to get a chance.

we'll see with Sanderson. one more year of college vs one year of AHL. i think i'd prefer the AHL. but i'm not in a hurry to have him make the NHL.

He’ll be in the nhl very fast due to his advanced defensive game and skating. If I had to bet, I would bet on him not ever playing in the AHL

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens have a tendency to rush their prospects. There is zero harm keeping them in the minors until they are ready. they may as well keep stutzle in the AHL and have him play center with Norris or Formenton and Abramov/Balcers on his wing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens have a tendency to rush their prospects. There is zero harm keeping them in the minors until they are ready. they may as well keep stutzle in the AHL and have him play center with Norris or Formenton and Abramov/Balcers on his wing.

While you're not wrong, the tendency in the NHL is to play your young players right away - if they're ready obviously. This is a young man's game, it's no long a 30+ impact player league and I think the Sens want him out there taking his knocks while the team transitions from crap to good - which will be relatively quick.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens have a tendency to rush their prospects. There is zero harm keeping them in the minors until they are ready. they may as well keep stutzle in the AHL and have him play center with Norris or Formenton and Abramov/Balcers on his wing.

Norris plays C...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

While you're not wrong, the tendency in the NHL is to play your young players right away - if they're ready obviously.  This is a young man's game, it's no long a 30+ impact player league and I think the Sens want him out there taking his knocks while the team transitions from crap to good - which will be relatively quick.

sadly i think you are right.
compile that with the fact that Melnyk will want to have most of our highly-touted prospects playing to drive gate revenues and merch sales ASAP.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

While you're not wrong, the tendency in the NHL is to play your young players right away - if they're ready obviously.  This is a young man's game, it's no long a 30+ impact player league and I think the Sens want him out there taking his knocks while the team transitions from crap to good - which will be relatively quick.

compile that with the fact that Melnyk will want to have most of our highly-touted prospects playing to drive gate revenues and merch sales ASAP.

There are no fans this year so it’s a moot point. The sens have been pretty patient with all their top prospects lately. Stutzle should be the exception and start right away

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

There are no fans this year so it’s a moot point. The sens have been pretty patient with all their top prospects lately. Stutzle should be the exception and start right away

Pretty much. Except for playing Brannstrom a little too long in the NHL to start, they've been quite patient IMO

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

i meant for next year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

i meant for next year.

Do you mean the upcoming season, or two years from now?

As Ev mentioned earlier, the Sens have been pretty patient with prospects lately, which is why we've brought in Dadonov, Galchenyuk, J Brown, Gudbrandson….it's all to buy time to ensure our young guys don't get rushed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Almost too patient. Some teams would have had Batherson and Brown in the NHL last season come heck or high water. It never hurts, but it's their time now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did anyone hear Perry signed with Ottawa for 1 year, 1 million? Apparently it was on twitter 20 minutes ago?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Frank Seravilli apparently mentioned that Perry is close to signing a 1 year, 1 million dollar deal with a Canadian team and thinks it's us. So nothing solid.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Frank Seravilli apparently mentioned that Perry is close to signing a 1 year, 1 million dollar deal with a Canadian team and thinks it's us.  So nothing solid.

Where'd he say that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum