GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Corey Perry??

At this point, we have enough lineup filler and want to avoid overcrowding things and pushing kids down the lineup or back to Belleville.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
He's from Peterborough and played in London. Probably wants to move closer to home, and the leafs don't want him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
My money is he signs with Detroit

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Perry would be an excellent addition but I don't see it happening. Any time you can get that kind of leadership and experience, it's a bonus. He's won everything.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Latest Locked on Sens podcasters brought in a data analyst who rips the Sens for drafting Klevin and Greig, and to some extent Sanderson, as well as mentions that Stutzle should be in the minors for a minimum two years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Latest Locked on Sens podcasters brought in a data analyst who rips the Sens for drafting Klevin and Greig, and to some extent Sanderson, as well as mentions that Stutzle should be in the minors for a minimum two years.

i don't agree with her completely but she does have some good points.
i don't think she didn't like Grieg and Sanderson, it's more like we've been saying, you draft someone that's gonna be good but there are players with much higher ceiling still on the board. The Klevin pick has everyone scratching their heads.
she was hired by NJ (for a time, don't know if she still works for them), so she's got creds.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Latest Locked on Sens podcasters brought in a data analyst who rips the Sens for drafting Klevin and Greig, and to some extent Sanderson, as well as mentions that Stutzle should be in the minors for a minimum two years.

Not going to get into the data analysis because I don't pay attention to that at all nor care, but saying Stutzle should be in the minors for two years is quite dumb. He will be in the NHL right away if he comes over.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
If Stutzle is in the NHL right away, he will be our new Ceci in short order. He will also be about -88 in a shortened season because his tendencies will be roasted by NHL systems. We also don’t have a defensive pairing good enough to cover for him and the quick transition game that happens after an offensive zone turnover. I wish you guys and him all the best.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:If Stutzle is in the NHL right away, he will be our new Ceci in short order. He will also be about -88 in a shortened season because his tendencies will be roasted by NHL systems. We also don’t have a defensive pairing good enough to cover for him and the quick transition game that happens after an offensive zone turnover. I wish you guys and him all the best.

No you don't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:If Stutzle is in the NHL right away, he will be our new Ceci in short order. He will also be about -88 in a shortened season because his tendencies will be roasted by NHL systems. We also don’t have a defensive pairing good enough to cover for him and the quick transition game that happens after an offensive zone turnover. I wish you guys and him all the best.

All wrong. You're thinking of Thomson, not Stutzle. His hockey IQ is excellent, but he likes high risk plays that lead to turnovers. That'll be remedied.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

All wrong.  You're thinking of Thomson, not Stutzle.  His hockey IQ is excellent, but he likes high risk plays that lead to turnovers.  That'll be remedied.

yeah and there's no reason why he shouldn't start in the AHL. if he proves he's too much for that league then graduate him but personally, i don't see a player who's defensively ready for the NHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

All wrong.  You're thinking of Thomson, not Stutzle.  His hockey IQ is excellent, but he likes high risk plays that lead to turnovers.  That'll be remedied.

there's no reason why he shouldn't start in the AHL. if he proves he's too much for that league then graduate him but personally, i don't see a player who's defensively ready for the NHL.

there’s no reason he shouldn’t start in the nhl. You can easily demote him if he isn’t ready. You can’t say he’s not defensively ready without seeing him play in the nhl, and defense will always be the last thing guys need to work on. He will be eased into the lineup on the wing as per Dorion. It’s no different than other players getting nine game tryouts

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Starting to look like a heck of a competitive team. Kaybe not playoffs, but this team will compete.

And holy cow some of the talent coming...

For the first time ever i might believe the crap melnyk was saying about spending when the time was right.

Maybe...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Agreed. I was going to post a week ago that Melnyk was actually no longer the problem, now the problem is all Dorion.

Didn’t do it because it felt dirty and still not enough evidence to let Melnyk off the hook completely.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sokolov sounds like a really strong pick at 61. He and batherson go back to their first days of billeting too and have played together.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Agreed. I was going to post a week ago that Melnyk was actually no longer the problem, now the problem is all Dorion.

Didn’t do it because it felt dirty and still not enough evidence to let Melnyk off the hook completely.

think you'll see the praise coming in for Dorion in the future. He's going to be like Bryan Murray who built a championship team but didn't win one himself

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Good. Dorion doesn’t deserve one. Murray did.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Good. Dorion doesn’t deserve one. Murray did.

They're both solid people. Dorion just had a Dung situation to work with. He would never have let certain players go himself. Stone would be here today if Melnyk ponied up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum