GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 NHL playoffs

+3
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

312020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ovi, Crosby and Malkin are well past their prime. Years and years of late draft picks. Both are prime to start their rebuilds

322020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

No. The Isles are a good team with incredible coaching and only starting falling in the standings during the year due to key injuries to their main defensive dmen. I mentioned this during the year too.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

332020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ovi, Crosby and Malkin are well past their prime. Years and years of late draft picks. Both are prime to start their rebuilds

too early to say. I think a lot of these Caps are not on board with this restart.

342020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:No. The Isles are a good team with incredible coaching and only starting falling in the standings during the year due to key injuries to their main defensive dmen. I mentioned this during the year too.

Every D man they have is a defensive dman Sarcasm

They're a good team and have deserved their 3-0 lead, but the Caps being awful needs to be mentioned. Especially Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Carlson.

352020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Agreed. They looked even sleepier than most Isles opponents.

I was focusing on an U20 game but I think I heard the Washington broadcast say Ovechkin was held without a regulation shot for the something like 100+ playoff games.

362020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:31 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They also got past a pretty awful Florida team. I'm not saying they're bad but they've yet to be challenged

372020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They also got past a pretty awful Florida team. I'm not saying they're bad but they've yet to be challenged

Sometimes when it comes to picks without my actual money involved, I try to will others into winning with my uneducated support. Panthers had no real chance against the Isles. I was just hoping for it.

382020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:No. The Isles are a good team with incredible coaching and only starting falling in the standings during the year due to key injuries to their main defensive dmen. I mentioned this during the year too.

Every D man they have is a defensive dman  Sarcasm

They're a good team and have deserved their 3-0 lead, but the Caps being awful needs to be mentioned. Especially Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Carlson.

Let Pulock loose and he’d be a prime Shae Weber. I hope he is the one the Isles lose from their 3 big RFA’s. They can only afford 2 of them.

392020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle Vegas. Great game by Crawford

402020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Diddle Vegas. Great game by Crawford

I like Lehner and Stone.

412020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tarasenko is leaving the bubble to return to St. Louis to have team doctors check his shoulder. He hasn't done much in the games he played but that's still a big blow to the Blues. He won't be able to return during this series.

422020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:54 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Tarasenko is leaving the bubble to return to St. Louis to have team doctors check his shoulder. He hasn't done much in the games he played but that's still a big blow to the Blues. He won't be able to return during this series.

It sucks that he can't play to his potential, but he had done absolutely nothing in the round robin/playoffs so far, so they're not really going to miss him.

Super important Canadian games today starting at 3pm. Outstanding.

432020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Pageau doing what he does. Small player, big playoffs. Can’t teach heart and drive.

There is a 2020 draft eligible that some call too small like Pageau, but this guy has way more talent, heart, will, drive and the passion to be great too.

442020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Pageau doing what he does. Small player, big playoffs. Can’t teach heart and drive.

There is a 2020 draft eligible that some call too small like Pageau, but this guy has way more talent, heart, will, drive and the passion to be great too.

yeah, i'm watching him. we are gonna miss him dearly.
if the Isles can remain a playoff contender for years to come he's going to be worth every penny he makes from his salary. difference-maker.

452020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Pageau doing what he does. Small player, big playoffs. Can’t teach heart and drive.

if the Isles can remain a playoff contender for years to come he's going to be worth every penny he makes from his salary. difference-maker.

Even with Trotz being the best coach in the league, the Isles will struggle next year. The cap isn’t going to be kind to them and they will lose one of Barzal, Pulock or Toews. My guys is Toews and then Pulock will become a prime Shea Weber. Toews will hurt the least, but it will still hurt them.

462020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

He’s ok, and is a good fit there, but we have plenty of third line talent coming. We won’t miss him in a couple of years at all and his contract will not always be worth it.

472020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Even with Trotz being the best coach in the league, the Isles will struggle next year. The cap isn’t going to be kind to them and they will lose one of Barzal, Pulock or Toews. My guys is Toews and then Pulock will become a prime Shea Weber. Toews will hurt the least, but it will still hurt them.

Prime Shea Weber is a hall of famer. Not gonna happen.

482020 NHL playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2020 NHL playoffs Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:05 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Let me exaggerate to help nail down my opinion please. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum