GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 48 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I like forward to that day.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I admittedly can't really differentiate the top-10 prospects as well as the rest of you but I don't see a scenario where Stutzle or Byfield don't end up as Senators.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I admittedly can't really differentiate the top-10 prospects as well as the rest of you but I don't see a scenario where Stutzle or Byfield don't end up as Senators.

99.99 percent of people also think this way. Even garrioch confirmed it. You will be correct.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Loving Lundell more and more. His D+1 season is shaping up to be a beauty. Dominant early this season already. Somebody is going to be really happy he fell to them.

KHL season starts tomorrow too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I admittedly can't really differentiate the top-10 prospects as well as the rest of you but I don't see a scenario where Stutzle or Byfield don't end up as Senators.

My BPA is much different than my mock as well. This year, with so much “equal talent” in the 3-10 slots, teams will be drafting for positional need more than normal in my opinion.

In 2021, everybody gets a D, except the team drafting Räty.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

From what I've read, I agree. Next year's draft is d-man heavy. And while I think the Sens will end up drafting Stutzle, they did pass on Zadina who has a lot more high-end skill than Tkachuk. But is there anyone in this draft that has Tkachuk's pedigree and intangibles?

There is also the history of Melnyk chastising the Leafs for going forward heavy and not having enough good d-men. If he gets in Dorion's ear we may draft Drysdale.

My guess is we end up with Stutzle and Raymond, though Lundell, Rossi, Drysdale are all options IMO. Lundell may be a bit of a surprise but he's a big left-handed center that can be used in all situations.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lundell will probably go outside the top 10. Can't see the Sens considering him. I would love picking Drysdale at 5.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:From what I've read, I agree. Next year's draft is d-man heavy. And while I think the Sens will end up drafting Stutzle, they did pass on Zadina who has a lot more high-end skill than Tkachuk. But is there anyone in this draft that has Tkachuk's pedigree and intangibles?

There is also the history of Melnyk chastising the Leafs for going forward heavy and not having enough good d-men. If he gets in Dorion's ear we may draft Drysdale.

My guess is we end up with Stutzle and Raymond, though Lundell, Rossi, Drysdale are all options IMO. Lundell may be a bit of a surprise but he's a big left-handed center that can be used in all situations.  

- There are no Tkachuk-style players in this draft. Dylan Holloway is the closest and he ain’t that even close. Hits aren’t tracked in amateur hockey so it’s all about watching shifts. Nobody is close.

- Melnyk is Dorion. Einhorn is Finkle.

- Stutzle and Raymond is a good haul and my mock is sitting there right now too. Lundell and Rossi will fall in the draft and end up being the Quinn Hughes type steal of the draft. When will teams learn size doesn’t matter in Rossi’s case?

I’m extremely confident in my BPA rankings and whether I’m here in 5 years or not, I think it will be bang on.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Lundell will probably go outside the top 10. Can't see the Sens considering him. I would love picking Drysdale at 5.

I wouldn’t like taking Drysdale at 5 if Raymond is still on the table and if you actually believe Stutzle goes at 3, Raymond is a real possibility to be there at 5. Consider that before being happy with Drysdale at 5. It should change your opinion on the matter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Lundell will probably go outside the top 10. Can't see the Sens considering him. I would love picking Drysdale at 5.

I wouldn’t like taking Drysdale at 5 if Raymond is still on the table and if you actually believe Stutzle goes at 3, Raymond is a real possibility to be there at 5. Consider that before being happy with Drysdale at 5. It should change your opinion on the matter.

Yeah, I have Raymond ahead of Drysdale, I just wouldn't mind either.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Drysdale could very well be going to Detroit. Yzerman knows how important a #1 d-man is (Lidstrom, Hedman). Detroit has Seider who is probably a 3-4 guy at best

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Drysdale could very well be going to Detroit. Yzerman knows how important a #1 d-man is (Lidstrom, Hedman). Detroit has Seider who is probably a 3-4 guy at best

That’s right. A couple weeks ago, my mock had Detroit taking Drysdale because if they reached last year for Seider, they won’t let a talent like Drysdale pass them this year.

It is also why I laugh at all the media that pretends to know what NYR, LA, OTT and DET prefer. They don’t. Those decisions are kept well secret and anything you hear, whether it be from GM’s themselves, isn’t the truth. That would be like Cadbury giving out their secret. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

For me, realistically, Raymond is the only choice at 5 if he is still available. Drysdale would be a mistake in this scenario.

I see what you are saying though. You like both. But at 5, you might have to decide between the 2, and I have already.

As I guessed months ago, in Raymond’s D+1, he is already proving why.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Drysdale could very well be going to Detroit. Yzerman knows how important a #1 d-man is (Lidstrom, Hedman). Detroit has Seider who is probably a 3-4 guy at best

That’s right. A couple weeks ago, my mock had Detroit taking Drysdale because if they reached last year for Seider, they won’t let a talent like Drysdale pass them this year.

It is also why I laugh at all the media that pretends to know what NYR, LA, OTT and DET prefer. They don’t. Those decisions are kept well secret and anything you hear, whether it be from GM’s themselves, isn’t the truth. That would be like Cadbury giving out their secret. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

We all know who the Top 3 will be, it's no secret. Just the order of 2-3 is the question. Everything after that is a question mark.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

For me, realistically, Raymond is the only choice at 5 if he is still available. Drysdale would be a mistake in this scenario.

I see what you are saying though. You like both. But at 5, you might have to decide between the 2, and I have already.

He isn't proving anything right now, they haven't even started the regular season. Not much will change between now and the draft for team rankings because a lot of guys are not playing at all.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

We all know who the Top 3 will be, it's no secret. Just the order of 2-3 is the question. Everything after that is a question mark.

I refuse to agree to disagree. I will be back.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

He isn't proving anything right now, they haven't even started the regular season. Not much will change between now and the draft for team rankings because a lot of guys are not playing at all.

Teams would be crazy to not use the advantage of seeing a D+1 season before the actual draft. This has never been seen before. Being complacent of this advantage would be plain stupid.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Teams would be crazy to not use the advantage of seeing a D+1 season before the actual draft. This has never been seen before. Being complacent of this advantage would be plain stupid.

I agree, but for example, if you like Perfetti more than Raymond and Raymond has a great start to the year, I don't think you'd move Ryamond up simply because of this recent play, because you had no chance to see where Perfetti is at now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 48 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum