GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Drysdale could very well be going to Detroit. Yzerman knows how important a #1 d-man is (Lidstrom, Hedman). Detroit has Seider who is probably a 3-4 guy at best

That’s right. A couple weeks ago, my mock had Detroit taking Drysdale because if they reached last year for Seider, they won’t let a talent like Drysdale pass them this year.

It is also why I laugh at all the media that pretends to know what NYR, LA, OTT and DET prefer. They don’t. Those decisions are kept well secret and anything you hear, whether it be from GM’s themselves, isn’t the truth. That would be like Cadbury giving out their secret. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

We all know who the Top 3 will be, it's no secret. Just the order of 2-3 is the question. Everything after that is a question mark.

I refuse to agree to disagree. I will be back.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Lundell will probably go outside the top 10. Can't see the Sens considering him. I would love picking Drysdale at 5.

I wouldn’t like taking Drysdale at 5 if Raymond is still on the table and if you actually believe Stutzle goes at 3, Raymond is a real possibility to be there at 5. Consider that before being happy with Drysdale at 5. It should change your opinion on the matter.

Yeah, I have Raymond ahead of Drysdale, I just wouldn't mind either.

For me, realistically, Raymond is the only choice at 5 if he is still available. Drysdale would be a mistake in this scenario.

I see what you are saying though. You like both. But at 5, you might have to decide between the 2, and I have already.

As I guessed months ago, in Raymond’s D+1, he is already proving why.

He isn't proving anything right now, they haven't even started the regular season. Not much will change between now and the draft for team rankings because a lot of guys are not playing at all.

Teams would be crazy to not use the advantage of seeing a D+1 season before the actual draft. This has never been seen before. Being complacent of this advantage would be plain stupid.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Lundell will probably go outside the top 10. Can't see the Sens considering him. I would love picking Drysdale at 5.

I wouldn’t like taking Drysdale at 5 if Raymond is still on the table and if you actually believe Stutzle goes at 3, Raymond is a real possibility to be there at 5. Consider that before being happy with Drysdale at 5. It should change your opinion on the matter.

For me, realistically, Raymond is the only choice at 5 if he is still available. Drysdale would be a mistake in this scenario.

I see what you are saying though. You like both. But at 5, you might have to decide between the 2, and I have already.

He isn't proving anything right now, they haven't even started the regular season. Not much will change between now and the draft for team rankings because a lot of guys are not playing at all.

Teams would be crazy to not use the advantage of seeing a D+1 season before the actual draft. This has never been seen before. Being complacent of this advantage would be plain stupid.

I agree, but for example, if you like Perfetti more than Raymond and Raymond has a great start to the year, I don't think you'd move Ryamond up simply because of this recent play, because you had no chance to see where Perfetti is at now.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I agree, but for example, if you like Perfetti more than Raymond and Raymond has a great start to the year, I don't think you'd move Ryamond up simply because of this recent play, because you had no chance to see where Perfetti is at now.

I think you do. The devil you know as they say.

*just read your post again and you said if you liked someone more you wouldn’t move the playing guy above him. I might agree with that. I thought you were comparing previously ranked equal players.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

some of you might want to listen to the locked on prospect sens podcast and the interview with JD burke. Button and he have dropped him at 6. lots of what I and Lagoon have been saying is highlighted.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:some of you might want to listen to the locked on prospect sens podcast and the interview with JD burke. Button and he have dropped him at 6. lots of what I and Lagoon have been saying is highlighted.

I've heard/watched JD and Elite Prospects people before and I don't agree with their rankings or opinions about Stutzle and some other guys, so I won't be tuning in. Just because they have a hot take doesn't mean they're right.

Button has Stutzle #2.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:some of you might want to listen to the locked on prospect sens podcast and the interview with JD burke. Button and he have dropped him at 6. lots of what I and Lagoon have been saying is highlighted.

Once Stutzle drops 2 more spots, I will agree.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Actually, make it 3 more. I’m ready to put the monster real life value of an all around C like Lundell ahead of him when their careers are all said and done. Lundell at 8, Stutzle at 9. Done.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Actually, make it 3 more. I’m ready to put the monster real life value of an all around C like Lundell ahead of him when their careers are all said and done. Lundell at 8, Stutzle at 9. Done.

Good for you.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Actually, make it 3 more. I’m ready to put the monster real life value of an all around C like Lundell ahead of him when their careers are all said and done. Lundell at 8, Stutzle at 9. Done.

Laughing3 tumbleweed

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Raymond has been amazing again today. He could very well be the best player in this draft without shocking me.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

His 2 3rd period goals weren’t enough to complete the comeback however. 3 point game not bad. Coach needs to lean on him more still but that will come with time this season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Let me put it a couple different ways,

- if we don’t get one of Byfield or Raymond because of Stutzle, well Diddle me, I’d be disgusted with every shift Strudle takes

and

- if we get both Byfield and Raymond, I don’t care what we do with our 11 2nd rounders. We can forfeit them for all I care.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What a shift by Lundell. Doing everything on the defensive end and then sniping.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Holtz just toying with the goalie in this game. Faked a one-timer, waited for the goalie to get set, waited some more and then just lasers the cookies.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Holtz scores the exact same goal again now. Lethal shot. PP1 trigger man his entire career.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Raymond also proving that he’s the only option at 3 with Lafreniere and Byfield off the board.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Raymond also proving that he’s the only option at 3 with Lafreniere and Byfield off the board.

Laughing3

Ev likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum