GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 68]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've been seeing/reading a lot online which suggests the same:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-top-15-mock-draft-lafreniere-lands-new-york/

It's too bad we are taking Sanderson with our #5. It's not like we don't have enough LHD depth or anything Facepalm

Button with TSN also ranks Stutzle ahead of Byfield though he has LA taking Byfield in his mock draft.

Stutzle to LA makes more sense than Byfield but the potential of Byfield is hard to pass up on.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've been seeing/reading a lot online which suggests the same:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-top-15-mock-draft-lafreniere-lands-new-york/

It's too bad we are taking Sanderson with our #5. It's not like we don't have enough LHD depth or anything  Facepalm

Button with TSN also ranks Stutzle ahead of Byfield though he has LA taking Byfield in his mock draft.

Stutzle to LA makes more sense than Byfield but the potential of Byfield is hard to pass up on.

They're not taking Sanderson. Guaranteed. He'd be a decent choice though. Doesn't matter what they have in the system. They don't have depth anywhere on the NHL roster.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah, i'll be surprised (and upset) if we take Sanderson at 5. just not gonna happen.
Dorion should be fired if that happens. with all the available quality forwards up there...

all onboard the Byfield/Rossi train! Tim? Choochoo!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:yeah, i'll be surprised (and upset) if we take Sanderson at 5. just not gonna happen.
Dorion should be fired if that happens. with all the available quality forwards up there...

all onboard the Byfield/Rossi train! Tim? Choochoo!

Not me.

For #5, position doesn't matter. Sanderson should go 5-8 imo.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Let’s see your early, very early mock.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Let’s see your early, very early mock.

I only care about the top 5

1. NYR - Lafreniere
2. LA - Stutzle
3. OTT - Byfield
4. DET - Perfetti
5. OTT - Raymond

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Let’s see your early, very early mock.

I only care about the top 5

1. NYR - Lafreniere
2. LA - Stutzle
3. OTT - Byfield
4. DET - Perfetti
5. OTT - Raymond

Exact same as mine except for Detroit taking Drysdale. If they reached for Seider last year, they won’t let a talent like Drysdale go by them.

And I don’t actually believe LA will take Stutzle, but I’m sure as hell trying to will it into happening.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Detroit takes Drysdale I’d change my Ottawa pick to Perfetti. But that’s just personal preference. If we get Byfield I’d be fine with Tyler Kleven at 5

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Today’s game has Raymond on a scoring line and playing PP1. He won’t be undervalued much longer and will secure 3rd overall over the next couple months.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:If we get Byfield I’d be fine with Tyler Kleven at 5

Funny, I basically just said the same thing elsewhere a couple hours ago. I said Ceci, not Kleven though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just an FYI for all the fossils that still think size or lack thereof should be considered a detriment. 6 of the top 8 regular season point leaders are all listed at 6’0” or under. Basically the next 6 after the two leaders beings McDavid and Draisaitl.

The playoffs, no different. Little guys dominating games and the leaderboard.

Come on down Marco Rossi.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marchand and Kane (who is taller and much faster than Rossi) are the only small guys in the top 8. There’s a huge difference between 6 feet and under, and 5’8 or 5’9. Anyone who thinks size/height isn’t a factor in draft isn’t paying attention. If people thought Rossi was too small to succeed they wouldn’t have him in the top 10. But yes size is a massive reason I have him in the 7-10 range. I don’t see him doing what he does now in the NHL at his height and speed. That doesn’t make me a fossil.

And the last two cup winners were big, fast and heavy teams

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’ve never seen or heard anyone questions Rossi’s skating. That’s a first. Speed is not an issue. Edges are not an issue. Acceleration is not an issue. Stride is not an issue. Balance is not an issue. Strength is not an issue. They are all his strengths actually.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You’ve been ignoring some scouting reports because that is definitely not a first. His speed and acceleration have been questioned numerous times, not that they’re terrible, just not what you want from a small player. His edges are good. Size and various aspects of skating are why he isn’t ranked higher.

I’m done talking about Rossi. We’re not drafting him so it’s moot. I don’t care where he goes.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No, I don’t care about a little munchkin skating circles around the league. I want a bulldog on skates and that is what Rossi is. Someone you can’t get off the puck not someone that you can’t touch. The former will wear you down. That is Rossi.

And we may draft Rossi. I hope we do. Nobody knows.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Funny that you deflate Rossi for his skating, but pump Perfetti because there is a boy that can’t skate. And they are basically the same size except Rossi is a tank.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Funny that you deflate Rossi for his skating, but pump Perfetti because there is a boy that can’t skate. And they are basically the same size except Rossi is a tank.

I think his IQ and offensive upside trumps Rossi's. We won't be able to draft him though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:His speed and acceleration have been questioned numerous times, not that they’re terrible, just not what you want from a small player.

Ok fine, personal preference. But you say the above about Rossi, a small player and they aren’t even actual flaws for Rossi. And then Perfetti, a small player actually has well documented and consensus skating flaws but he’s ok because his IQ is admittedly higher. Even though not by much. I think you caught yourself here. Your personal preference is clouding actual assets and flaws in player talent.

In my opinion, whoever gets Rossi will be happier than whoever gets Perfetti.

Redrafting 5 years after is always fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum