GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give Lassi 2-3 years in the AHL before calling him a bust. He's had a bad start but it is what it is. He's a young d-man playing in a men's league.

i do agree dorion is an idiot. but he's had a pretty decent off-season so i will give him that.

Saying Dorion is having a good offseason an extreme coverup for his ineptness. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, he doesn’t know asset management, pro scouting, values or how he wants his roster to look from one second to the next.

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give Lassi 2-3 years in the AHL before calling him a bust. He's had a bad start but it is what it is. He's a young d-man playing in a men's league.

i do agree dorion is an idiot. but he's had a pretty decent off-season so i will give him that.

Saying Dorion is having a good offseason an extreme coverup for his ineptness. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, he doesn’t know asset management, pro scouting, values or how he wants his roster to look from one second to the next.

id say its pretty obvious what the sens are trying to d with their roster from this season to the next. transition young guys in with enough toughness and grit to insulate young prospects to flourish. throw in a couple of vets in there to challenge the youth. he wanted to clear the slates of what the sens were and mold an identity of what they will be surrounded with.

i dunno if it will work but there is something of a plan.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Great contract for Pulock and the Islanders. I don’t like that it didn’t take any of his UFA years, but only 5 million for Pulock is great. Now the hard part with their cap and getting Barzal under contract with not enough cap room.

Great for Pulock you mean? Slides him right into UFA. Now everything's on his terms.

Short sighted deal, but when you mismanage the cap, this is what happens.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Great contract for Pulock and the Islanders. I don’t like that it didn’t take any of his UFA years, but only 5 million for Pulock is great. Now the hard part with their cap and getting Barzal under contract with not enough cap room.

Great for Pulock you mean?  Slides him right into UFA.  Now everything's on his terms.

I mentioned the UFA thing. Pulock is worth more than 5 million now, so yes great contract for both. Not a big deal anyway because they have a ton of guys going UFA when Pulock goes unrestricted. Boychuk will be retiring most likely and then you can pay for Puluck’s success on his next contract. Great deal for both.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Great for Pulock you mean?  Slides him right into UFA.  Now everything's on his terms.

I mentioned the UFA thing. Pulock is worth more than 5 million now, so yes great contract for both. Not a big deal anyway because they have a ton of guys going UFA when Pulock goes unrestricted. Boychuk will be retiring most likely and then you can pay for Puluck’s success on his next contract. Great deal for both.

If you don't understand the enormous risk of letting a guy get to Ufa in the prime of his career, no one can explain it to you.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Tips

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You could certainly use a few, yeah.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

All ears. Tell me how good Dorion and the Sens are.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That wasn't the point though, the point was the Isles led Pulock right into UFA dom. His agent must be sitting there shaking his head. They didn't even buy one year of UFA and now the Isles have lost all control.

For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years. Disagree with that? I don't see how.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:That wasn't the point though, the point was the Isles led Pulock right into UFA dom.  His agent must be sitting there shaking his head.  They didn't even buy one year of UFA and now the Isles have lost all control.

For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

No pending UFA’s have ever re-upped mid season? I acknowledged the bad part of the contract in both my posts about it, but for 2 years, they got Pulock on a good contract to see if they want to spend more money on him if he takes over PP1 or if Dobson does it.

Ottawa 1 of the best teams in 2 years? Ok than. No 1C, they don’t grow on trees and they didn’t want to address it at this years draft. Good luck trading for one with unproven prospects. We might take Räty or Johnson this year but they won’t be ready the following year. It would actually be hilarious if we took a worse C in the 2021 draft and pass on one of the many elite D. Two wrongs don’t make a right Dorion.

Unless of course you have a very broad definition for “one of the best teams” meaning potentially squeaking into the playoffs without a 1C in 2022.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:That wasn't the point though, the point was the Isles led Pulock right into UFA dom.  His agent must be sitting there shaking his head.  They didn't even buy one year of UFA and now the Isles have lost all control.

For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

I'm bullish on the Sens future but I think that would be a stretch. I do think they'll be playoff calibre in 2021-2022, just not one of the best teams yet. They have all the pieces in place now, for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

I'm bullish on the Sens future but I think that would be a stretch. I do think they'll be playoff calibre in 2021-2022, just not one of the best teams yet. They have all the pieces in place now, for sure.

Perhaps 3 years, yeah. Depends how the pieces develop now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

No pending UFA’s have ever re-upped mid season? I acknowledged the bad part of the contract in both my posts about it, but for 2 years, they got Pulock on a good contract to see if they want to spend more money on him if he takes over PP1 or if Dobson does it.

Ottawa 1 of the best teams in 2 years? Ok than. No 1C, they don’t grow on trees and they didn’t want to address it at this years draft. Good luck trading for one with unproven prospects. We might take Räty or Johnson this year but they won’t be ready the following year. It would actually be hilarious if we took a worse C in the 2021 draft and pass on one of the many elite D. Two wrongs don’t make a right Dorion.

Unless of course you have a very broad definition for “one of the best teams” meaning potentially squeaking into the playoffs without a 1C in 2022.

I think Stutzle ends up as 1C. Squeaking into the playoffs in 2022? That would mean things went bad. We'll quite see about that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also still think Logan Brown needs to be looked at long and hard. And Norris too.

Plus, the amount of trade chips Ottawa has will lead to inevitable moves.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Perhaps 3 years, yeah.  Depends how the pieces develop now.

No. Two years. They are all can’t miss and one of our excess D will turn out to be the 1C we need. You are right.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Perhaps 3 years, yeah.  Depends how the pieces develop now.

No. Two years. They are all can’t miss and one of our excess D will turn out to be the 1C we need. You are right.

Learn how to read. I said it depends how the pieces develop.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And? My point was it could be 2 or 3 years depending omhow the prospects develop and i stand by that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum