GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So negative Ev. No place for it. Most people had Peterka going in the first round and if you're building around a German player why not get his linemate and countryman to ease the transition to north america? Instead we reach on jarventie which isn't a bad pick but probably could have been had later on the 2nd  

I also don't like Jarventie's game. I legit haven't heard his name yet tonight and was super unimpressed with him the game before. Meanwhile Germany's too line is far superior to any line Finland has rolled out tonight and that's including the big minutes they're logging

Funny how you complain about the sens picking or trading for players friends or players based on the same nationality or hockey fathers, yet you point out that the sens should have picked Peterka because he’s German and stutzles international line mate. At least be consistent in your criticism. It’s irrelevant that he plays with Stutzle. Stutzle won’t need anybody to ease the transition, and Peterka is years away from the nhl if he ever makes it. Same with Jarventie or any other second.

I hope youre being sarcastic about being negative.

There's a difference between drafting a fellow countrymen and linemate when there is only a half dozen players from that country and a language barrier. Helps prevent issues with socialization and assimilation. The Sens drafting Peterka to help support Stuetzle is significantly different than Ottawa drafting Kleven because he plays with Sanderson, not to mention Peterka was slated to go in the latter half of the first round.

I'm not being sarcastic about being negative. It's like you have earmuffs and blinders on and only want to see and hear what you want and everyone else's opinions are wrong. I'm not being negative at all. Look at any draft board and see where Peterka and Jarventie were projected to go.

I also agree with Lagoon that Stuetzle shouldn't play in Ottawa this year, though our rationale is different. I think it's a waste to burn a year off his ELC for a season in which the Sens are destined to finish at the bottom of the standings again. Let him develop in Manheim for another year and have his ELC start in the 2021-22 season. I simply wouldn't burn a year of his contract for no reason. Arrange with Manheim to have him play center and leave him there for the year, finish bottom 5, draft a forward, and have him enter the league with Pinto, Sanderson and JBD next season. Leave the roster spot open for Norris this season.  

That’s my reason for Stutzle as well. I never mentioned any of his flaws in my post. It is just sound business, development and everything else you mentioned. And he may be able to play AHL instead of Germany.

And BTW, he can’t even play C with a German Jr team that has 11 players.

He won’t be playing C this year regardless. If there’s AHL he should go there if he isn’t ready. Mannheim should not be an option. Waste of time. If he plays in Ottawa this year it will burn a year but also probably make his next contract cheaper. Also he flat out will help the team a lot based on what I’ve seen

One side of your mouth has Stutzle contending for the Calder the other side says his next contract will be cheaper because he played this year.

Yes I’m not betting on anything for sure. I said he might be a Calder contender based on what I’ve seen so far, if he sticks in the nhl for the full year. But if he isn’t + with the short year it could benefit the next contract. We’ll see either way, but from everything we’ve heard, he’ll be here the whole year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Why isn't he playing center in the tournament ? You think the Sens asked Germany to play him on the wing ?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Why isn't he playing center in the tournament ? You think the Sens asked Germany to play him on the wing ?

No because he’s not even signed yet.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So negative Ev. No place for it. Most people had Peterka going in the first round and if you're building around a German player why not get his linemate and countryman to ease the transition to north america? Instead we reach on jarventie which isn't a bad pick but probably could have been had later on the 2nd  

I also don't like Jarventie's game. I legit haven't heard his name yet tonight and was super unimpressed with him the game before. Meanwhile Germany's too line is far superior to any line Finland has rolled out tonight and that's including the big minutes they're logging

Funny how you complain about the sens picking or trading for players friends or players based on the same nationality or hockey fathers, yet you point out that the sens should have picked Peterka because he’s German and stutzles international line mate. At least be consistent in your criticism. It’s irrelevant that he plays with Stutzle. Stutzle won’t need anybody to ease the transition, and Peterka is years away from the nhl if he ever makes it. Same with Jarventie or any other second.

There's a difference between drafting a fellow countrymen and linemate when there is only a half dozen players from that country and a language barrier. Helps prevent issues with socialization and assimilation. The Sens drafting Peterka to help support Stuetzle is significantly different than Ottawa drafting Kleven because he plays with Sanderson, not to mention Peterka was slated to go in the latter half of the first round.

I'm not being sarcastic about being negative. It's like you have earmuffs and blinders on and only want to see and hear what you want and everyone else's opinions are wrong. I'm not being negative at all. Look at any draft board and see where Peterka and Jarventie were projected to go.

I also agree with Lagoon that Stuetzle shouldn't play in Ottawa this year, though our rationale is different. I think it's a waste to burn a year off his ELC for a season in which the Sens are destined to finish at the bottom of the standings again. Let him develop in Manheim for another year and have his ELC start in the 2021-22 season. I simply wouldn't burn a year of his contract for no reason. Arrange with Manheim to have him play center and leave him there for the year, finish bottom 5, draft a forward, and have him enter the league with Pinto, Sanderson and JBD next season. Leave the roster spot open for Norris this season.  

That’s my reason for Stutzle as well. I never mentioned any of his flaws in my post. It is just sound business, development and everything else you mentioned. And he may be able to play AHL instead of Germany.

He won’t be playing C this year regardless. If there’s AHL he should go there if he isn’t ready. Mannheim should not be an option. Waste of time. If he plays in Ottawa this year it will burn a year but also probably make his next contract cheaper. Also he flat out will help the team a lot based on what I’ve seen

One side of your mouth has Stutzle contending for the Calder the other side says his next contract will be cheaper because he played this year.

Yes I’m not betting on anything for sure. I said he might be a Calder contender based on what I’ve seen so far, if he sticks in the nhl for the full year. But if he isn’t  + with the short year it could benefit the next contract. We’ll see either way, but from everything we’ve heard, he’ll be here the whole year.

What you’ve seen so far? In one game of a tournament you say means nothing and shouldn’t even be played? A game where he played 28 minutes and should’ve been noticeable? Calder contender it is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, should have been noticeable. Goal and an assist, physical presence, best skater on either team, but not noticeable. Yeah, if you're blind.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Lol, should have been noticeable.   Goal and an assist, physical presence, best skater on either team, but not noticeable.   Yeah, if you're blind.

Who said he wasn’t noticeable? You are really struggling today. Take a break son.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yes I’m not betting on anything for sure. I said he might be a Calder contender based on what I’ve seen so far, if he sticks in the nhl for the full year. But if he isn’t  + with the short year it could benefit the next contract. We’ll see either way, but from everything we’ve heard, he’ll be here the whole year.

What you’ve seen so far? In one game of a tournament you say means nothing and shouldn’t even be played? A game where he played 28 minutes and should’ve been noticeable? Calder contender it is.

Where did I say this game or tournament means nothing? I said the warmup game the other day meant nothing...

My opinion of stutzle was from his whole season last year plus what he looks like now after a whole year off plus coming back from injury. He was electric. He could have easily been bad and rusty, especially because hes playing with nobodies. To me he’s very clearly ready for the nhl in a big way.

And yes I still think this tourney shouldn’t be played right now, to be honest. Just my opinion. I have no interest in it other than the sens prospects.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Where did I say this game or tournament means nothing? I said the warmup game the other day meant nothing...

My opinion of stutzle was from his whole season last year plus what he looks like now after a whole year off plus coming back from injury. He was electric. He could have easily been bad and rusty, especially because hes playing with nobodies. To me he’s very clearly ready for the nhl in a big way.

And yes I still think this tourney shouldn’t be played right now, to be honest. Just my opinion. I have no interest in it other than the sens prospects.

Exactly my take. Shouldn't be played right now. Watching all players, but have a keen eye on Sens players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Why isn't he playing center in the tournament ? You think the Sens asked Germany to play him on the wing ?

So this scares me - if he isn't playing center in a tournament like this, what makes Ottawa think be can play center for them down the road ? This is why I didn't like last year's draft.

I'm not trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

Things will play out but in 5 years from now we're going to look back on the draft and wish we had done things differently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

So this scares me - if he isn't playing center in a tournament like this, what makes Ottawa think be can play center for them down the road ? This is why I didn't like last year's draft.

I'm not  trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

Things will play out but in 5 years from now we're going to look back on the draft and wish we had done things differently.

The Kleven pick was out of left field, even with some of the guys i listen to singing his praises.

How can you not like Sanderson right now though? Especially with your user name.

5 years is a long time, let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

I'm not trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

I’ve already shown how this years draft isn’t as d heavy as people originally thought. Lots of forwards in the top 10. As for your last sentence, in my opinion no but like you said we won’t know for years. If you get the top 2-3 forward and the top D of the draft , if it works out that way, you’re laughing. Lundell should not be lumped in there. He was never a consideration for 5 and I doubt you had him there at all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

I'm not  trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

The Kleven pick was out of left field, even with some of the guys i listen to singing his praises.

How can you not like Sanderson right now though? Especially with your user name.

5 years is a long time, let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Kleven wasn’t a surprise. He was ranked higher on bobs list. But him making it or not won’t impact the sens future success really.

Last edited by Ev on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

Basically this Coles Notes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

How can you not like Sanderson right now though?  Especially with your user name.  

5 years is a long time,  let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Kleven wasn’t a surprise. He was ranked higher on bobs  list. But him making it or not won’t impact the sens future success really.

I'm cool with Stutzle. Don't think he will be a center though. And I agree that you need as good d core to win a cup - and I am cool with Sanderson - but last year's draft wasn't the draft to take a dman imo

Lagoon likes this post

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And Stutzle looked great tonight. He is definitely NHL ready but I wouldn't have him play this year only to not burn a year of his elc for nothing

Lagoon likes this post

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

How can you not like Sanderson right now though?  Especially with your user name.  

5 years is a long time,  let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Kleven wasn’t a surprise. He was ranked higher on bobs  list. But him making it or not won’t impact the sens future success really.

I'm cool with Stutzle. Don't think he will be a center though. And I agree that you need as good d core to win a cup - and I am cool with Sanderson - but last year's draft wasn't the draft to take a dman imo

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And Stutzle looked great tonight. He is definitely NHL ready but I wouldn't have him play this year only to not burn a year of his elc for nothing

Exactly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And Stutzle looked great tonight. He is definitely NHL ready but I wouldn't have him play this year only to not burn a year of his elc for nothing

It wouldn’t be for nothing. If he’s ready then you play him. He’s not like other prospects who need to be coddled

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1340711702736891905

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Am I the only one here who thinks Caufield is the most overrated prospect ? There's no denying this scoring ability or his offensive zone IQ but I feel like he's going to be a disappointment in the NHL. Maybe it's just because im jealous that he's a Habs prospect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum