GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Why isn't he playing center in the tournament ? You think the Sens asked Germany to play him on the wing ?

No because he’s not even signed yet.

So this scares me - if he isn't playing center in a tournament like this, what makes Ottawa think be can play center for them down the road ? This is why I didn't like last year's draft.

I'm not  trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

Things will play out but in 5 years from now we're going to look back on the draft and wish we had done things differently.

The Kleven pick was out of left field, even with some of the guys i listen to singing his praises.  

How can you not like Sanderson right now though?  Especially with your user name.  

5 years is a long time,  let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Kleven wasn’t a surprise. He was ranked higher on bobs  list. But him making it or not won’t impact the sens future success really.

I'm cool with Stutzle. Don't think he will be a center though. And I agree that you need as good d core to win a cup - and I am cool with Sanderson - but last year's draft wasn't the draft to take a dman imo

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And Stutzle looked great tonight. He is definitely NHL ready but I wouldn't have him play this year only to not burn a year of his elc for nothing

Exactly.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And Stutzle looked great tonight. He is definitely NHL ready but I wouldn't have him play this year only to not burn a year of his elc for nothing

It wouldn’t be for nothing. If he’s ready then you play him. He’s not like other prospects who need to be coddled

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1340711702736891905

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Am I the only one here who thinks Caufield is the most overrated prospect ? There's no denying this scoring ability or his offensive zone IQ but I feel like he's going to be a disappointment in the NHL. Maybe it's just because im jealous that he's a Habs prospect

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Why isn't he playing center in the tournament ? You think the Sens asked Germany to play him on the wing ?

No because he’s not even signed yet.

So this scares me - if he isn't playing center in a tournament like this, what makes Ottawa think be can play center for them down the road ? This is why I didn't like last year's draft.

I'm not  trying to be critical but I wasn't too fond of taking jarventie, moving up to draft kleven, and I am okay with the Sanderson pick though id have preferred a Lundell, holtz or Rossi given that next year's draft is defenseman heavy and we need a center or top RW.

Things will play out but in 5 years from now we're going to look back on the draft and wish we had done things differently.

The Kleven pick was out of left field, even with some of the guys i listen to singing his praises.  

How can you not like Sanderson right now though?  Especially with your user name.  

5 years is a long time,  let's see where we're at, but it appears they're on their way with Stutzle and Sanderson, to icing a really solid foundation and building on it.

Kleven wasn’t a surprise. He was ranked higher on bobs  list. But him making it or not won’t impact the sens future success really.

True, i forget that after all the bad mouthing he gets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

It wouldn’t be for nothing. If he’s ready then you play him. He’s not like other prospects who need to be coddled

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1340711702736891905

Right but there's still the case of unnecessarily burning a year of his elc. If the sens aren't expected to do anything this year then I wouldn't waste a year of him. Let Norris, Balcers, Abramov and Brown duke it out for his spot and bring him in next year to when we know what we have at center

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks Caufield is the most overrated prospect ? There's no denying this scoring ability or his offensive zone IQ but I feel like he's going to be a disappointment in the NHL. Maybe it's just because im jealous that he's a Habs prospect

I feel mixed, I think he should be playing a lot more tonight

Also just wanted to apologize for saying your thoughts were meaningless the other day. We may disagree on Hockey topics but there’s no need to be a Richard or hurl insults. I just wasn’t having a good week. Apologies man.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Also just wanted to apologize for saying your thoughts were meaningless the other day. We may disagree on Hockey topics but there’s no need to be a Richard or hurl insults. I just wasn’t having a good week. Apologies man.

PTFlea wrote:Man, you can be so dumb for someone who prides himself on being the prospect guy.  You think that i think Stutzle is faster than, say...Laf?  Are you challenged?

Stutzle was mint all game and was the fastest on eithed squad, did you catch that, or were you too busy thinking up whatever stupid, snide comment you would make next.

Double up lol.  Like anyone gives a Diddle about what you think on here you twat.

No worries Ev. And insults are fine on here as posted above. Just follow the leader and all will be fine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wait, are you accepting an apology on behalf of someone else? Lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was pretty funny.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks Caufield is the most overrated prospect ? There's no denying this scoring ability or his offensive zone IQ but I feel like he's going to be a disappointment in the NHL. Maybe it's just because im jealous that he's a Habs prospect

I feel mixed, I think he should be playing a lot more tonight

Also just wanted to apologize for saying your thoughts were meaningless the other day. We may disagree on Hockey topics but there’s no need to be a Richard or hurl insults. I just wasn’t having a good week. Apologies man.

All good dude. You have your opinions and I have mine. Water under the bridge.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson signs a PTO with the caps.
I hope it works out for him. They still have a legit chance at the cup. I’d love Andy to get that, even as a back-up

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Habs just became easier to hate, signing Corey Perry.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Habs just became easier to hate, signing Corey Perry.

But I live Perry

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Habs are winning the division. Best coached, hardest working team in the 'North'. No questions in goal, no questions on defense, and their forwards work hard. Anderson is going to cause a team like the Leafs fits, Toffoli can score goals, Perry provides vet leadership and they have some young players coming in who can play. I like what they're doing in Montreal.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Habs are winning the division. Best coached, hardest working team in the 'North'. No questions in goal, no questions on defense, and their forwards work hard. Anderson is going to cause a team like the Leafs fits, Toffoli can score goals, Perry provides vet leadership and they have some young players coming in who can play. I like what they're doing in Montreal.

Suzuki broke through last year and I think KotK does it in a big way this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Habs are winning the division. Best coached, hardest working team in the 'North'. No questions in goal, no questions on defense, and their forwards work hard. Anderson is going to cause a team like the Leafs fits, Toffoli can score goals, Perry provides vet leadership and they have some young players coming in who can play. I like what they're doing in Montreal.

You wanna bet? I’d gladly take your money here.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know what to expect out of the Canadian division, but I have a tough time picturing the Habs winning it. You never know though....

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Theyre going to a be a tough team to play against, they have two capable goalies, and 4 lines that can score. Toronto is predictable - forecheck hard and you best them. Vancouver took a step back, Calgary isn't as good as Montreal, Winnipeg is middle of the pack and Edmonton has a good top six and are trash after that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum