GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ugh, the Pageau trade is looking not great suddenly

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ugh, the Pageau trade is looking not great suddenly

No. We got good value for him. I haven't seen anything that Pageau wouldn't have just tested the market and not signed with the sens.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ugh, the Pageau trade is looking not great suddenly

No. We got good value for him. I haven't seen anything that Pageau wouldn't have just tested the market and not signed with the sens.

True.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Pageau trade is fine.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

https://www.tsn.ca/cincinnati-reds-broadcaster-thom-brennaman-suspended-after-anti-happy-slur-1.1511734

If you can find the video, and it was all over Twitter, he calls a city the "F*g capital of the world" for some reason. It's really weird. How stupid do you have to be to say something like that when you're mic'd up and broadcasting on TV. Unbelievable. Also, who still uses that word anyway? RIP his career.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/cincinnati-reds-broadcaster-thom-brennaman-suspended-after-anti-happy-slur-1.1511734

If you can find the video, and it was all over Twitter, he calls a city the "F*g capital of the world" for some reason.  It's really weird.  How stupid do you have to be to say something like that when you're mic'd up and broadcasting on TV.  Unbelievable.  Also, who still uses that word anyway?  RIP his career.

He's had a 33 year career, 27 with Cincinnati. I seriously doubt that this was the first time he said something like that -- just the first time he got caught on a live mic.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Leafs top four forwards (Auston Matthews, John Tavares, Mitch Marner, and William Nylander) collective accounted for 49.6% ($40.489 Million) of their $81.5 Million salary cap, compiled 266 points (120 goals, 146 assists) in 260 games, which is an average of 1.023 points-per-game.

The Boston Bruins top four (David Pastrnak, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and David Krejci) had 281 points (120 goals, 161 assists) in 262 games (1.072 points-per-game) and took up 33.02% ($26.916 Million) of their $81.5 Million salary cap, mostly because they were able to get their group signed before salary demands escalated in the last few years.

Tampa Bay’s core four of (Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Steven Stamkos, and Ondrej Palat) had 256 points (104 goals, 152 assists) in 260 games (0.984 points-per-game) and takes up 36.8% ($30.05 Million) of their cap space, mostly because the Lightning have the advantage of no state tax in Florida (which allows their players to take a lesser salary because they get a higher percentage of actual salary than in other markets), as well Point being willing to take a three-year bridge deal instead of a long-term deal that Nylander and Marner did.

The lower percentage of cap being spent to the top forwards allows the Bruins and Lightning more flexibility to spend on their blueline, which Tampa has with Victor Hedman and Ryan McDonagh and Boston does now with Torey Krug and will in the future on Charlie McAvoy, while the Leafs will be challenged now after re-signing Jake Muzzin to add more help on defense with an extra 15% of the cap being allocated on Toronto’s forward group.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/cincinnati-reds-broadcaster-thom-brennaman-suspended-after-anti-happy-slur-1.1511734

If you can find the video, and it was all over Twitter, he calls a city the "F*g capital of the world" for some reason.  It's really weird.  How stupid do you have to be to say something like that when you're mic'd up and broadcasting on TV.  Unbelievable.  Also, who still uses that word anyway?  RIP his career.

He's had a 33 year career, 27 with Cincinnati.  I seriously doubt that this was the first time he said something like that -- just the first time he got caught on a live mic.

Yeah, exactly. His apology afterwards on air was hilarious when he said this isn't the type of person he is. It's exactly the type of person he is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Washington fires Reirden.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Loving that controversy over the Alan Walsh/Fleury posting.
This smells like trouble

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens should be all over Fleury as the Anderson replacement who would bring a championship mentality as well as a fun atmosphere to the dressing room. Get them to eat salary as well

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Sens should be all over Fleury as the Anderson replacement who would bring a championship mentality as well as a fun atmosphere to the dressing room. Get them to eat salary as well

I'd be down for that. Vegas is gonna want some of that $7M in cap room that Fleury's eating up. I'd feel bad for Fleury coming here though...zero shot at winning.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No way! Fleury is as inconsistent as they come. he's had great years and then years like he looks like he's done.
there's a reason he lost his job both in Pittsburg and now Vegas. I have no interest. I'd rather go with our young goaltenders.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He didn’t lose his job in Vegas for a good reason. IMO they are screwing him over hard for hardly an upgrade in Lehner

He’s old now but has been a good starter for years. He’s a much better option than Nilsson

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And under contract for two more years

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m sure Fleury is dying to play for Melnyk as his career winds down. That’s bucket list stuff. An opportunity that can’t be ignored.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A few teams would be interested in Fleury. My guess is he goes to Edmonton or Carolina with Carolina being the more likely option.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Goalies are a storyline to watch out for between the end of the post-season and the start of the next season. A lot of goalies are up for grabs including: Anderson, Smith, Fleury, Lehner, Khudobin, Crawford, Andersen, Rask?, Holtby, Lundqvist, Talbot, Murray/Jarry.

I don't think there's much of a trade market for goalies anymore and why I don't think it's smart to draft a goalie unless they have elite upside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum