GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I’m sure Fleury is dying to play for Melnyk as his career winds down. That’s bucket list stuff. An opportunity that can’t be ignored.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A few teams would be interested in Fleury. My guess is he goes to Edmonton or Carolina with Carolina being the more likely option.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Goalies are a storyline to watch out for between the end of the post-season and the start of the next season. A lot of goalies are up for grabs including: Anderson, Smith, Fleury, Lehner, Khudobin, Crawford, Andersen, Rask?, Holtby, Lundqvist, Talbot, Murray/Jarry.

I don't think there's much of a trade market for goalies anymore and why I don't think it's smart to draft a goalie unless they have elite upside.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm gonna assume Anderson retires.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I'm gonna assume Anderson retires.

Naw. I say he signs a one-year deal with the Panthers. They need a vet backup and vet leadership on that team. They can hire him as a goalie coach after and mentor the hell out of Spencer Knight.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In what universe do the Panthers sign Anderson to backup Bobrovsky?

The Panthers have a cheap backup in Driedger, a good young goalie waiting in the wings, and still have Luongo and Darling taking up cap space. Speaking of cap space, they have none.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Rutherford has to be the worst gm in the league . What a stupid trade. A mid level first in a deep draft for kapanen. Also don't have a pick in next year's draft. Dumb dumb dumb

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rutherford has to be the worst gm in the league . What a stupid trade. A mid level first in a deep draft for kapanen. Also don't have a pick in next year's draft. Dumb dumb dumb

I don’t know. The pens are all in to try and win another cup. They are retooling and I doubt this is the last of their moves.

If this retool Doesn’t work out they have plenty of players they can trade for multiple assets to do a full scale rebuild.

Im not a fan of Pittsburgh but it’s clear what they are doing.

I do think they are doing Toronto a favour though. Toronto needs cap space to allocate to D.
I don’t like anyone doing the leafs any favours.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They could have gotten a better player for that 1st. I'd have sent Duclair there in a heartbeat and taken a cap hit back

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could have gotten a better player for that 1st. I'd have sent Duclair there in a heartbeat and taken a cap hit back

I agree with that but maybe they did not want him.
I have a feeling that if Duclair doesn’t play too 6 minutes he might just disappear.
I still view him as a gamble.
Maybe the sens don’t want to trade him Shrug‍�

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could have gotten a better player for that 1st. I'd have sent Duclair there in a heartbeat and taken a cap hit back

I have a feeling that if Duclair doesn’t play too 6 minutes he might just disappear.
Maybe the sens don’t want to trade him Shrug

Yeah, it is always a good idea to keep players like Duclair that require other talent to produce instead of players that drive possession and play by themselves like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau and Zibanejad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, it is always a good idea to keep players like Duclair that require other talent to produce instead of players that drive possession and play by themselves like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau and Zibanejad.

yes cause it's totally one or the other...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like the Leafs are going hard after Pietrangelo in the off-season. So while they moved Kapanen's cap hit, Rodrigues is an RFA that made $2M last year, Mikheyev is an RFA, as are Gauthier, Dermott and Malgin.

They're likely going to lose Spezza, Clifford, Ceci, Barrie. Holl is due to make $2M up from $675K last season, and Muzzin is getting a raise. That right there is the equivalent of Kapanen's cap hit. They also only have 8 forwards signed next year, not including all their guys on ELC or two-ways like Robertson or Petan.

They have 6 dmen signed to one-way contracts already and need to qualify Dermott. So if they go after Pietrangelo and land him, they have Muzzin, Reilly, Pietrangelo, Sandin, Dermott, Rosen, Marincin, and Holl while Liljegren rots on the Marlies. I don't understand this team at all. They continue to go after big fish and while their depth suffers.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It actually is with those players mentioned. Clear data on all of them. None of them are close to equal metrics. 4 drive play, one doesn’t.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like the Leafs are going hard after Pietrangelo in the off-season. So while they moved Kapanen's cap hit, Rodrigues is an RFA that made $2M last year, Mikheyev is an RFA, as are Gauthier, Dermott and Malgin.

They're likely going to lose Spezza, Clifford, Ceci, Barrie. Holl is due to make $2M up from $675K last season, and Muzzin is getting a raise. That right there is the equivalent of Kapanen's cap hit. They also only have 8 forwards signed next year, not including all their guys on ELC or two-ways like Robertson or Petan.

They have 6 dmen signed to one-way contracts already and need to qualify Dermott. So if they go after Pietrangelo and land him, they have Muzzin, Reilly, Pietrangelo, Sandin, Dermott, Rosen, Marincin, and Holl while Liljegren rots on the Marlies. I don't understand this team at all. They continue to go after big fish and while their depth suffers.

Very true. Still sucks that Pittsburgh helped them ease the tension on their belt by one notch.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It actually is with those players mentioned. Clear data on all of them. None of them are close to equal metrics. 4 drive play, one doesn’t.

Huh? That's not what I implied at all. I'm saying keeping Duclair or trading him has literally nothing to do with the previous players moved (you would ideally have both types of players). Completely different situations. They should definitely keep Duclair who is a cost controlled asset at the moment. He's one of our only skilled goal scorers and didn't really rely on other talent to produce this past season. He's not a star but will be putting the puck in the net a good amount.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like the Leafs are going hard after Pietrangelo in the off-season. So while they moved Kapanen's cap hit, Rodrigues is an RFA that made $2M last year, Mikheyev is an RFA, as are Gauthier, Dermott and Malgin.

yeah, who cares if they get him to be honest. It will improve their team no question, but those huge UFA contracts rarely ever work out past a couple of seasons. They need to win before Matthews becomes UFA

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They should do their best to draft Askarov. Then I'll take the Leafs more seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum