GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could have gotten a better player for that 1st. I'd have sent Duclair there in a heartbeat and taken a cap hit back

I agree with that but maybe they did not want him.
I have a feeling that if Duclair doesn’t play too 6 minutes he might just disappear.
I still view him as a gamble.
Maybe the sens don’t want to trade him Shrug

Yeah, it is always a good idea to keep players like Duclair that require other talent to produce instead of players that drive possession and play by themselves like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau and Zibanejad.

yes cause it's totally one or the other...

It actually is with those players mentioned. Clear data on all of them. None of them are close to equal metrics. 4 drive play, one doesn’t.

Huh? That's not what I implied at all. I'm saying keeping Duclair or trading him has literally nothing to do with the previous players moved (you would ideally have both types of players). Completely different situations. They should definitely keep Duclair who is a cost controlled asset at the moment. He's one of our only skilled goal scorers and didn't really rely on other talent to produce this past season. He's not a star but will be putting the puck in the net a good amount.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like the Leafs are going hard after Pietrangelo in the off-season. So while they moved Kapanen's cap hit, Rodrigues is an RFA that made $2M last year, Mikheyev is an RFA, as are Gauthier, Dermott and Malgin.

They're likely going to lose Spezza, Clifford, Ceci, Barrie. Holl is due to make $2M up from $675K last season, and Muzzin is getting a raise. That right there is the equivalent of Kapanen's cap hit. They also only have 8 forwards signed next year, not including all their guys on ELC or two-ways like Robertson or Petan.

They have 6 dmen signed to one-way contracts already and need to qualify Dermott. So if they go after Pietrangelo and land him, they have Muzzin, Reilly, Pietrangelo, Sandin, Dermott, Rosen, Marincin, and Holl while Liljegren rots on the Marlies. I don't understand this team at all. They continue to go after big fish and while their depth suffers.

yeah, who cares if they get him to be honest. It will improve their team no question, but those huge UFA contracts rarely ever work out past a couple of seasons. They need to win before Matthews becomes UFA

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They should do their best to draft Askarov. Then I'll take the Leafs more seriously.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could have gotten a better player for that 1st. I'd have sent Duclair there in a heartbeat and taken a cap hit back

I agree with that but maybe they did not want him.
I have a feeling that if Duclair doesn’t play too 6 minutes he might just disappear.
I still view him as a gamble.
Maybe the sens don’t want to trade him Shrug

Yeah, it is always a good idea to keep players like Duclair that require other talent to produce instead of players that drive possession and play by themselves like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau and Zibanejad.

yes cause it's totally one or the other...

It actually is with those players mentioned. Clear data on all of them. None of them are close to equal metrics. 4 drive play, one doesn’t.

Huh? That's not what I implied at all. I'm saying keeping Duclair or trading him has literally nothing to do with the previous players moved (you would ideally have both types of players). Completely different situations. They should definitely keep Duclair who is a cost controlled asset at the moment. He's one of our only skilled goal scorers and didn't really rely on other talent to produce this past season. He's not a star but will be putting the puck in the net a good amount.

Yeah, sorry I was stuck on my train of thought. Driving too so distracted. I agree to hold his rights while we have him at our mercy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should do their best to draft Askarov. Then I'll take the Leafs more seriously.

wouldn't be a bad pick, but by the time he's ready Matthews will be in his last year or gone...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should do their best to draft Askarov. Then I'll take the Leafs more seriously.

I don’t see any scenario where the Leafs don’t trade back.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see a situation where Toronto starts the season with Nylander in their lineup or Andersen in net

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't see a situation where Toronto starts the season with Nylander in their lineup or Andersen in net

Andersen has reportedly requested a trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

might be hard to trade him with so many good goalies on the market.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Cody Ceci really took a dump on Andersen's value Laughing3

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

lol. ceci to edmonton, vegas (stone connection), or pens is my guess. Andersen carries a pretty big cap hit. The leafs will have to give something up to move him and he has a NTC.

For some reason I see the making of another Sens-Leafs trade this summer. Andersen, Kerfoot, Liljegren, Johnsson all candidates to come to Ottawa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens should be all over Andersen

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Andersen at $5M for one season would be fine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We just don't really have any crap to give them back lol. I'd take Liljegren and Andersen in a heartbeat. Kerfoot seems redundant given that we have Tierney, and Johnsson is intriguing as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

no one talking about the yotes getting nabbed for a 2nd and 1st rounder?

i think that sends a clear message. it's what you expected to see and it's much worse than just a fine.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:no one talking about the yotes getting nabbed for a 2nd and 1st rounder?

i think that sends a clear message. it's what you expected to see and it's much worse than just a fine.

It's definitely a stiff punishment, but that's a pretty irrelevant franchise, and they just became even more irrelevant.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Buffalo will be an interesting team to watch this off-season. They only have 4 forwards signed next year. I think they throw a boatload of money at Krug, Hoffman, and try to sign a goalie (Khudobin), not to mention their 1st rd pick is definitely in play. I think they go after Gaudreau with it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Maple Leafs made their first big splash of the off-season on Tuesday, trading , Jesper Lindgren and to Pittsburgh in exchange for the Penguins’ first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft (15th overall), forwards and Filip Hallander and defenceman .

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-kasperi-kapanen-to-pittsburgh-penguins-in-deal-for-first-round-pick-1.1514279

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum