GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:...must...resist...talking...politics... Ahhhhh!

Lol. We can always start a separate thread ??

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be honest the only way they could do a really good job is to start a real quarantine now. Lock everyone up for a few weeks then seal up the whole thing. But players won’t go for that

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spike in number of cases is like the plus/minus stat -- useless on its own.

If there's more testing, there will be more positive cases.

Long term goal is to get more cases, enough to get herd immunity.

Number of confirmed cases doesn't matter (except as a positive trend toward herd immunity); much more important is the number hospitalized and, of course, deaths.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Detroit certainly has some interesting pieces though. Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Rasmussen to name a few. Most importantly for them they have cap space again which hasn't been a liberty for them in quite some time. I count about $20M of space opening up for them on players aged 36 or older (plus Gagner).

And some interesting pieces like Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and a few others. I'd maybe even dare take them ahead of the Sabres if they can sort out their goaltending woes. Maybe they take a one-year flyer on Anderson or something to keep them competitive. Who knows.

One of the problems with buffalo is also goaltending.

They have some interesting pieces. I’d place buffalo above them.

On paper yes. But Detroit may surprise people a bit more next season.

I don't see it. They have a bottom tier prospect group and nothing special at the NHL level aside from a few guys.

Ev, Buffalo has an easy Top 10 prospect pool in my opinion. And they already have young talent on their team. They will be good soon. Very soon. Eichel and Dahlin are superstars. Reinhart, Jokiharju, Ristolainen, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Olofsson, Luukkonen, Johnson, Pilut. None of these players are either in their prime or arrived yet. Sure, they’ve had some bad drafting, but when you have as many picks as they’ve had, they’ve hit enough to be ready to explode.

I disagree with you here.

Hey Lagoon, while we are talking about Buffalo, they just fired their GM Botterill

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Eichel strikes again?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what a Dung show in Buffalo.
i love it!Laugh1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Truly a weird time to axe their entire GM staff...the two assistant GMs were also let go along with Botterill.

Now they've replaced them all with former NHLer Kevyn Adams who was their Senior Vice President of Business Administration. "Senior Vice President" of "Business Administration". Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The only thing that would top this is if they hire Pierre.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The only thing that would top this is if they hire Pierre.
I can't imagine Pierre working out well with the Pegulas.

I would hope it happens. Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Truly a weird time to axe their entire GM staff...the two assistant GMs were also let go along with Botterill.

Now they've replaced them all with former NHLer Kevyn Adams who was their Senior Vice President of Business Administration. "Senior Vice President" of "Business Administration". Laughing3

What a time to be a Buffalo fan...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Pegulas channeled their inner Melnyk and wanted to cut the hockey ops staff. 'Go leaner' I think was the term. Shocking that a few weeks back they had provided the vote of confidence in the GM (which might as well be a curse from now on), but that's what philosophical differences will do.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Truly a weird time to axe their entire GM staff...the two assistant GMs were also let go along with Botterill.

What a time to be a Buffalo fan...

Yeah no kidding. Ppl poke fun at our expense with the sens but looking back at what the Sabres have gone through in truly astonishing in a bad way (don't think I'd trade the last 9 years with them at all). Goes to show all the money is still no alternative to hockey intelligence

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Just occurred to me.....how about Randy Sexton for POHO with the Senators? This should open up things.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The blood-letting in Buffalo was substantial. Something like 30 people were let go including most of the scouting staff and even the IT head. But that was apparently a mistake, so they hired him back.

Edit: 22 fired in Buffalo, I think the 30 number included casualties in Rochester.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Auston Matthews tests positive for Covid-19.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum