GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Max Domi has diabetes, which is one of the known pre-conditions that make your more susceptible to Covid-19. I'm sure he's not the only one. Same for asthma.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Domi just needs to be more cautious . These guys are going to be tested on the regular I'm sure

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At the end of the day these guys get paid to break news. i think from an ethical standpoint you don't report on private matters - especially as they pertain to something medical during a pandemic. he could have easily reported that a player on the maple leafs tested positive, the same way we know X number of players on the Lightning tested positive but their names weren't reported.

Given what Matthews makes and knowing the NHL was resuming he should have been taking the proper precautions, and the NHL should be working with the PA to put rules in place. So this is a fail on many different levels.

But so far no professional athlete in NA has died from COVID. I could be wrong, but at least no NHLer has died thus far. If frontline workers including college students working at grocery stores can work, so can these guys. I see the risk as being very little

There's still many unknowns about COVID and it's potential long-term impact. Some studies have showed lung damage in people who had COVID but didn't exhibit any symptoms. There's a rare condition that has affected kids post-COVID. There's many doctors and other healthy adults in the age range of 30-40 that have died. The risk of death is certainly very low for these athletes if they get COVID, but there's other things that go along with it and to consider besides the risk of death.

I still think it's dumb to resume play in August, but what do I know. I will be very interested to see what the NHL/NBA do when a player on an active team tests positive.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At the end of the day these guys get paid to break news. i think from an ethical standpoint you don't report on private matters - especially as they pertain to something medical during a pandemic. he could have easily reported that a player on the maple leafs tested positive, the same way we know X number of players on the Lightning tested positive but their names weren't reported.

Given what Matthews makes and knowing the NHL was resuming he should have been taking the proper precautions, and the NHL should be working with the PA to put rules in place. So this is a fail on many different levels.

But so far no professional athlete in NA has died from COVID. I could be wrong, but at least no NHLer has died thus far. If frontline workers including college students working at grocery stores can work, so can these guys. I see the risk as being very little

There's still many unknowns about COVID and it's potential long-term impact.  Some studies have showed lung damage in people who had COVID but didn't exhibit any symptoms.  There's a rare condition that has affected kids post-COVID.  There's many doctors and other healthy adults in the age range of 30-40 that have died.  The risk of death is certainly very low for these athletes if they get COVID, but there's other things that go along with it and to consider besides the risk of death.

I still think it's dumb to resume play in August, but what do I know.  I will be very interested to see what the NHL/NBA do when a player on an active team tests positive.

Whatever teams are in the Canadian hub won't really need to worry. Our rates are so low and the canadian city will be able to localize players and cordon off areas for this to happen .

I imagine van city gets the Canadian hub

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

There's still many unknowns about COVID and it's potential long-term impact.  Some studies have showed lung damage in people who had COVID but didn't exhibit any symptoms.  There's a rare condition that has affected kids post-COVID.  There's many doctors and other healthy adults in the age range of 30-40 that have died.  The risk of death is certainly very low for these athletes if they get COVID, but there's other things that go along with it and to consider besides the risk of death.

I still think it's dumb to resume play in August, but what do I know.  I will be very interested to see what the NHL/NBA do when a player on an active team tests positive.

Whatever teams are in the Canadian hub won't really need to worry. Our rates are so low and the canadian city will be able to localize players and cordon off areas for this to happen .

I imagine van city gets the Canadian hub

I thought it would be Vancouver as well but have you heard what Toronto has now offered...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1979145/amp

Toronto is also where the media is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad Nunavut doesn't have the rinks and hotels, as it would be the safest place. If I was there NHL I would far, far away from places with large tourist traffic. Edmonton is perfect.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It probably depends somewhat on what American hub is picked. They probably want one hub in the west and one hub in the east.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't it just be Vancouver and Toronto?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Can't it just be Vancouver and Toronto?

MLB and NBA screwed for having committed to Florida. They really should do TO and Van City or Edmonton if they want the league to actually finish. Betting on the USA right now is a bad idea

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Based on the number of international passengers that travel there, I would not pick those two.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Based on the number of international passengers that travel there, I would not pick those two.

If you read their proposals and look at new daily cases for each city it would be hard to say no to them

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will 100% be one Canadian city and one American city.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:There will 100% be one Canadian city and one American city.

i wouldn't saythat just yet.

if Covid keeps exploding they have a better chance of having these playoffs happen if they stick to Canada. and as much as the NHL wants a US market to host, they might use their brains for once.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Simply in terms of logistics it makes no sense to cross borders. I assume the Finals will be played on one location to minimize travel and the associated risk, and imagine a 14 day quarantine between games 2 and 3. And you don't want 14 days between round 3 and 4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

they already said they're liikely to move the teams to the same site for the final two rounds... if all this happens

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, to be honest, I have long ceased to care about this season. Bring on Friday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver's bid on life support.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Vancouver's bid on life support.  

What's going on?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum