GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Yzerman continues his genius. Mantha re-upped. Incredible contract for the Wings.

Mantha was labelled a bust on here. Markstrom too.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Yzerman continues his genius. Mantha re-upped. Incredible contract for the Wings.

Because you've never been wrong before, right? Why even say that?

Fair contract for Mantha and the Wings. He's not a star but a good top 6.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've always been a big Mantha fan, too. Yzerman is definitely doing a lot of things right but still has a ways to go. Funny - you think he'd be interested in bringing in some of the guys from Tampa. I think we see that move come next for the Wings. He'll acquire a piece from Tampa for pennies on the dollar without mortgaging the future.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've always been a big Mantha fan, too. Yzerman is definitely doing a lot of things right but still has a ways to go. Funny - you think he'd be interested in bringing in some of the guys from Tampa. I think we see that move come next for the Wings. He'll acquire a piece from Tampa for pennies on the dollar without mortgaging the future.

I agree. Players will want to play for him again.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Yzerman continues his genius. Mantha re-upped. Incredible contract for the Wings.

Another question could be why emphatically call someone a bust in their teens?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

You did that just last week with lassi Thomson.

You are right, nobody is a bust until their early 20s.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've always been a big Mantha fan, too. Yzerman is definitely doing a lot of things right but still has a ways to go. Funny - you think he'd be interested in bringing in some of the guys from Tampa. I think we see that move come next for the Wings. He'll acquire a piece from Tampa for pennies on the dollar without mortgaging the future.

I hope he overpays for Cirelli thinking he’s a top six kind of guy

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Thomson?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

You did that just last week with lassi Thomson.

You are right, nobody is a bust until their early 20s.

Ahahaha, I said the same thing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

There's not much sense in rehashing every bad take on these forums.....it would take years to go through all our bad takes, yours included.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Show me where I called him a bust?

Calling him a terrible pick by Dorion with the names available at that time, doesn’t make him a bust, it makes Dorion an idiot. But we all know that. Dorion is a bust.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Give Lassi 2-3 years in the AHL before calling him a bust. He's had a bad start but it is what it is. He's a young d-man playing in a men's league.

i do agree dorion is an idiot. but he's had a pretty decent off-season so i will give him that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give Lassi 2-3 years in the AHL before calling him a bust. He's had a bad start but it is what it is. He's a young d-man playing in a men's league.

i do agree dorion is an idiot. but he's had a pretty decent off-season so i will give him that.

I certainly didn’t call him a bust, but maybe people are putting their own thoughts in my words to try and defend and idiot in Dorion. Understandable.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give Lassi 2-3 years in the AHL before calling him a bust. He's had a bad start but it is what it is. He's a young d-man playing in a men's league.

Saying Dorion is having a good offseason an extreme coverup for his ineptness. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, he doesn’t know asset management, pro scouting, values or how he wants his roster to look from one second to the next.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Great contract for Pulock and the Islanders. I don’t like that it didn’t take any of his UFA years, but only 5 million for Pulock is great. Now the hard part with their cap and getting Barzal under contract with not enough cap room.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Saying Dorion is having a good offseason an extreme coverup for his ineptness. He doesn’t know what he’s doing, he doesn’t know asset management, pro scouting, values or how he wants his roster to look from one second to the next.

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

id say its pretty obvious what the sens are trying to d with their roster from this season to the next. transition young guys in with enough toughness and grit to insulate young prospects to flourish. throw in a couple of vets in there to challenge the youth. he wanted to clear the slates of what the sens were and mold an identity of what they will be surrounded with.

i dunno if it will work but there is something of a plan.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Great contract for Pulock and the Islanders. I don’t like that it didn’t take any of his UFA years, but only 5 million for Pulock is great. Now the hard part with their cap and getting Barzal under contract with not enough cap room.

Great for Pulock you mean? Slides him right into UFA. Now everything's on his terms.

Short sighted deal, but when you mismanage the cap, this is what happens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum