GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure I understand everyone's love affair with Calgary to be honest . I can see them being the team that drops out of a playoff spot

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure I understand everyone's love affair with Calgary to be honest . I can see them being the team that drops out of a playoff spot

Well only four will make it. So two playoff teams from last year will be missing out

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I fully expect Toronto, montreal and Vancouver to make the playoffs. After that it could be a toss up between calgary and the oilers with the oilers edging out.
Assuming we still have wild cards, I could see some of the stronger teams feasting on the weaker teams in the eastern division and actually getting both wild card spots. It seems like the eastern division is a little weaker and their best team will benefit from that.

Edit: there are no wildcards. Just the top 4 teams. I imagine then it will be Edmonton and Calgary fighting it off for that last spot. Maybe Edmonton will be better than Vancouver. But no way Ottawa or Winnipeg gets a whiff of making the playoffs

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get that. But id take Edmonton, Vancouver and Toronto over Calgary. Winnipeg with Stastny and hopefully a healthy blueline won't be an easy team to beat in a series. And Montreal has a way of wearing down their opponents. It's going to be competitive that's for sure

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I fully expect Toronto, montreal and Vancouver to make the playoffs. After that it could be a toss up between calgary and the oilers with the oilers edging out.
Assuming we still have wild cards, I could see some of the stronger teams feasting on the weaker teams in the eastern division and actually getting both wild card spots. It seems like the eastern division is a little weaker and their best team will benefit from that.

There is no wild card. Top 4 teams from each division make the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Vancouver could regress a bit. But it's gonna be wild. Toronto is the only lock IMO. Montreal a close 2nd for the lock, but all else will be madness!

wprager likes this post

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree. Toronto will have enough offense to come out on top, barring injuries, of course. As for the rest, there will be chaos. Why team that struggles early will give it difficult to catch up.

I think Ottawa is the most improved team:
- Murray over Andy
- Gudbranson over Boro
- Dadonov over Duclair
- Stützle over Ryan
- Brannstrom over DeMelo

Then there's the expected growth from Tkachuk, and Batherson, and the likelihood of a return to previous form for Chabot and White. A full season of a healthy Wolanin plus Jaros and Zub will ensure the third pairing and back-benchers are NHL calibre.

I don't expect much from others, but at least one of Norris, Brown, Balcers, Chlapik should improve over last year - huge potential upside. Bottom line, our 4th line will not be pushed around and our third line will be NHL worthy.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Balcers and Chlapik will need to clear waivers to be taxi’d. They may be improving with another team for nothing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chlapik wouldn’t be claimed. He has no value. Not sure about balcers. Either way don’t see a future for them here beyond a bottom line. There are a lot of players ahead of them. They don’t need to be on the “taxi” squad though. They can just be in the regular press box.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they care about Balcers, but they also expect at least one player to go down to injury or be waived.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get that. But id take Edmonton, Vancouver and Toronto over Calgary. Winnipeg with Stastny and hopefully a healthy blueline won't be an easy team to beat in a series. And Montreal has a way of wearing down their opponents. It's going to be competitive that's for sure

Yeah but what blueline? They have very little in terms of one to begin with.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

With a legit 1C available and putting himself on the trade market in PLD, let’s see if Dorion can trade for a star instead of just dumping them all. I have my doubts. He’s got the most picks, prospects and warm bodies in the entire NHL combined with a very familiar dance partner. Add that to the need for a 1C and there is no excuse. Unless Ottawa doesn’t have a plan in place or the need for a big bodied all around 1C that is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The same thing is going to happen with Barzal. There's no coming back from failing negotiations with Lou, one side or another is going to snap.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:With a legit 1C available and putting himself on the trade market in PLD, let’s see if Dorion can trade for a star instead of just dumping them all. I have my doubts. He’s got the most picks, prospects and warm bodies in the entire NHL combined with a very familiar dance partner. Add that to the need for a 1C and there is no excuse. Unless Ottawa doesn’t have a plan in place or the need for a big bodied all around 1C that is.

Sure, what's your offer and we'll see if you'd be laughed at by one fanbase or another.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

L. Brown, brannstrom, unprotected 1st . That's what I would offer

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:L. Brown, brannstrom, unprotected 1st . That's what I would offer

That’s way too much. If you’re trading brannstrom you aren’t trading the 1st and brown along with it. The first would be taken out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:L. Brown, brannstrom, unprotected 1st . That's what I would offer

That’s way too much. If you’re trading brannstrom you aren’t trading the 1st and brown along with it. The first would be taken out.

I disagree. I don't even think that's enough. It's in the ballpark. but Logan Brown...does he hold much value?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

I disagree. I don't even think that's enough. It's in the ballpark. but Logan Brown...does he hold much value?

Less than before but still a dominant ahl player, young centre with high offensive upside. If that’s not enough for Dubois then you pass IMO. It wouldn’t cripple us or anything though. I’d still like getting Dubois

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum