GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That wasn't the point though, the point was the Isles led Pulock right into UFA dom.  His agent must be sitting there shaking his head.  They didn't even buy one year of UFA and now the Isles have lost all control.

For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

I'm bullish on the Sens future but I think that would be a stretch. I do think they'll be playoff calibre in 2021-2022, just not one of the best teams yet. They have all the pieces in place now, for sure.

Perhaps 3 years, yeah.  Depends how the pieces develop now.

No. Two years. They are all can’t miss and one of our excess D will turn out to be the 1C we need. You are right.

Learn how to read. I said it depends how the pieces develop.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And? My point was it could be 2 or 3 years depending omhow the prospects develop and i stand by that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:And?  My point was it could be 2 or 3 years depending omhow the prospects develop and i stand by that.

Actually, that wasn’t your original point. Your original point is below.

PTFlea wrote:For the record, I disagree with most selections made from Round 3 on this year, but I STILL think Ottawa is primed to become one of the best teams in the league in about...2 years.  Disagree with that?  I don't see how.

Nowhere do you mention 3 years or their success being hinged on development. According to you, Ottawa is primed to be one of the best teams in the league with everything they already have.

Also, you don’t see how anyone can disagree with you as well.

It wasn’t until Ev and I disagreed with you that you added a 3rd year, added the hopes of good development  and finally changed best teams in the league to a playoff bubble one.

So basically, I know how to read, thanks for caring about that. You should try and formulate your opinions better and stick to them for more than one of two posts of challenge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didnt add a third year, i agreed with a good poster who i respect and added the third year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Playoff bubble?  In 3 years?  Never said that.  I think they're gonna be one of the best in the league at that point.   Dangerous from literally every position.

But we all know you disagree with anything positive said about the Sens and can't wait to slobber over the islanders and colorado or whatever your team of the moment is.

But then...i dont give a toss what you think.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think 2-3 years is realistic for the Sens to win the division and push for a deep run. But they still need a big time elite difference maker which is what will prevent them from going over the top

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think 2-3 years is realistic for the Sens to win the division and push for a deep run. But they still need a big time elite difference maker which is what will prevent them from going over the top

Yeah, they passed on all those this year and the ones that are draft eligible in 2021 are all D and will take awhile to perc.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think 2-3 years is realistic for the Sens to win the division and push for a deep run. But they still need a big time elite difference maker which is what will prevent them from going over the top

They just drafted him 3rd overall. Our best forward prospect since Spezza. Sens have the foundation to be a cup caliber team eventually but it will be up to management and Melnyk to bring in the right prices and ditch the deadweight as they have started to do this offseason.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I dunno if Stutzle will be a game breaker. And I can't help but think Sanderson will be another Brian Lee / Cowen

Anyway the sens may be a win by committee type of team which works if all the top prospects develop

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I dunno if Stutzle will be a game breaker. And I can't help but think Sanderson will be another Brian Lee / Cowen

Anyway the sens may be a win by committee type of team which works if all the top prospects develop

He will be a high-end point per game scoring forward, most likely at centre, and Sanderson isn’t like lee or Cowen in any sense. I don’t know why you are fear mongering. Whether or not Sanderson becomes a star/#1 is a different thing altogether but there’s no use bringing up comparisons that make no sense. As for stutzle we haven’t had a game breaking offensive prospect like him since Spezza, Yashin, or hossa/havlat. At time of draft he’d be the third best forward we have ever drafted .

I agree that they will have a lot of depth but they will have a potential star 1C, very good/potential star LW and already-star 1D at the very minimum. They should have more talent than the blues did in 2019 for example.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I know you're very pro draft and I 100% respect your opinion/optimism and hope you're right. I am not making these comments to monger fear.

Brian Lee was taken ahead of when he should have gone, developed through USHD, played at UND, etc. He was also 6'3" and highly touted for his skating (was known more to be for his offensive game vs defensive game). There's enough to compare to there.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think Stutzle is better suited to play wing - maybe in a few years transition him to center but I don't think he's good enough defensively or willing to work hard enough in front of the net to be a true 1C.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I know you're very pro draft and I 100% respect your opinion/optimism and hope you're right. I am not making these comments to monger fear.

Brian Lee was taken ahead of when he should have gone, developed through USHD, played at UND, etc. He was also 6'3" and highly touted for his skating (was known more to be for his offensive game vs defensive game). There's enough to compare to there.

They are nothing alike and are at completely different levels as prospects at the time of their drafts. It's like comparing Brannstrom and Erik Karlsson just because they're both Swedish.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I also think Stutzle is better suited to play wing - maybe in a few years transition him to center but I don't think he's good enough defensively or willing to work hard enough in front of the net to be a true 1C.

Playing in front of the net isn't a qualifier to be a 1C. That's Brady Tkachuk's office and he's not a centre. He can be posted there while Stutzle plays C on the same line.

It's not impossible that he ends up playing wing full time, but the Sens 100% drafted him with the idea of him being their 1C down the road. No question.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brian Lee was also drafted essentially out of high school. And it was 15 years ago. Things have changed a lot with US development programs since then, and scouting as well.

We're not going to know for sure where all these kids stand until we start seeing them play at higher levels. Drafting has been pretty good for the Sens lately, even if they make 'unpopular' picks like Tkachuk.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For sure. I really only have three beefs from the draft but it's personal opinion thing.

1. Should have taken Bourque or Brisson over Greig. Left a ton of talent on the board.
2. Should have used the 5th to draft another elite forward (or Drysdale) given that the 2021 draft is full of LHD
3. Trading up to draft Klevin was absolutely mindboggling

So far Jarventi looks like a great pick and I like that they added Sokolov though jury is out on if he ever become an NHLer. I like that he's been practicing with Batherson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I also think Stutzle is better suited to play wing - maybe in a few years transition him to center but I don't think he's good enough defensively or willing to work hard enough in front of the net to be a true 1C.

Playing in front of the net isn't a qualifier to be a 1C. That's Brady Tkachuk's office and he's not a centre. He can be posted there while Stutzle plays C on the same line.

It's not impossible that he ends up playing wing full time, but the Sens 100% drafted him with the idea of him being their 1C down the road. No question.

Apparently it's Dadonov's office too - well he's more of a slot player but loves the one-timers and rebound goals in front of the net. I can definitely see Dadonov playing with either Stutzle or L.Brown. Guy needs to be fed the puck in scoring position. Not sure L.Brown can handle top-six minutes though - would love for someone to interview him or get an update on his off-season training.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum