GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See. No plan

You are wrong. They already said years ago the plan was to spend to the cap starting in 2020-21. Not sure why you can’t see that? Unparalleled success.

When he said "twenty twenty one" did he mean the 2020-21 season (which may not start until actual 2021) or the 2021(-22) season?

Pretty sure the number of teams that spend to the cap will be single digits.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

haha if he meant 2021-22 they won't spend to the cap. they'll have Tkachuk's contract to extend but will lose anisimov and nilsson's. more or less a wash

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He meant 21-22. It wasn’t believable, but Covid crushes any hope of that

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, people don't get how much this is Cussing with team's finances - and we already have a broke owner.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, people don't get how much this is Cussing with team's finances - and we already have a broke owner.

Our owner has tons of money. He just approved Gudbranson for a 5th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Yeah, people don't get how much this is Cussing with team's finances - and we already have a broke owner.

Maybe. We'll see I guess. I'd like to start improving now, but I assume the plan is to get another top 5 pick and then we'll see where he truly puts his money.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'll be paying a close eye on Ilves Tampere this year. Thomson and Jarventie. Thomson is apparently NHL ready (according to Button) and Jarventie will be an interesting prospect to follow.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think Thomson is ready

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

I don't know about that.

his other businesses are valued higher at the moment because of developments.

there's a difference in being valued as an individual at a certain amount and actually having those cashflows.
besides, i'm not quite sure how much cross-sectional revenues he's keen on using.

i think what hurts Melnik tremendously is his inability to use CTC for non hockey events like concerts that have in the past provided a good cashflow.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don’t think Thomson is ready

one thing i've noticed is how much Button and Mcguire always over-emphasis prospect and lack a bit of critical analysis in their review. it's to the point of maximizing their strength while understating their weakness. 

that's why they are in the media. no one wants to hear the downer aspects of their prospects. 
I would always take their analysis and projections with a grain of salt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone catch this?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top-european-draft-picks-may-not-able-come-2020-21-season/

Would affect Stützle, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cant they just isolate for 14 days?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Cant they just isolate for 14 days?

Oh, I'm pretty sure something will be worked out, but the article says that it needs to be worked out between the leagues, not governments. There's also apparently all article by The Athletic which talks about his the *delay* of the draft date has something to do with it. I'm assuming it had to do with the fact that the Euro leagues started there season before the draft. Maybe the players are not eligible to cover over because if that.

But, again, I'm sure they will work it out.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Anyone catch this?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top-european-draft-picks-may-not-able-come-2020-21-season/

Would affect Stützle, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, etc.

That was well known and one of the reasons Rossi didn’t go overseas. Pretty much every GM that drafted elite talent has already told their players (Yzerman to Raymond, Lou to Holtz) they won’t be in NA.

Yes, that means the only delusional one was Dorion when he said a big advantage for Stutzle over Byfield was that Stutzle could play in NA right away. He got called out by a couple when he said it. They are just really inept.

The campaign is on by some to try and get these 2020 guys over here though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I just clicked the link. Old article, I was wondering why it came up again. Thought there was new info. Nope.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stutzle will be in the NHL if both parties want it. He has an out clause and his team won’t prevent him from leaving. Basically Confirmed* by both his team and the Sens

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t believe josh Anderson gets a better contract than toffoli.

Toffoli to Montreal, 4 years $4.25 million

Duclair definitely isn’t going to get what he’s looking for

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Stutzle will be in the NHL if both parties want it. He has an out clause and his team won’t prevent him from leaving. Basically Confirmed* by both his team and the Sens

Except that clauses have little to do with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum