GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If he gest 5M in arbitration then so be it. We have a floor to hit

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Could be to sign him long term?

Cant be that we're letting him go, makes no sense

He’s betting on himself. Maybe he’ll come back if he gets no great offers

What does that mean?  Why don't we qualify hjm and trade him?

I don’t know. He also is working without an agent. Very weird

This might be the worst asset management in the history of asset management. Like...what are you thinking?

Just when things were looking positive in this organization.

Unless there's a good reason.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore
There has to be. If it was simply dollars, they could walk away after arbitration.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Isn't the arbitration binding? I have no idea

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Doesn't matter. Its one year. Suck it up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The club couldnt walk away if it was abcoub elected arbitration apparently.

This is very disappointing.

Maybe if we're lucky we can find someone in ufa or maybe one of our prospects will have close to as much of an impact as duclair did last season. Maybe

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sounds like duclair thinks he can get more than what ottawa offered, but without an agent to tell him to be cautious. Dorion is saying the door is not closed, he'll let him check out free agency.

I guess there are enough teams doing this this year, but itll burn if he signs with Pittsburgh for 3.5 x 3.

And it seems completely unnecessary to do this to save 1 million dollars. I guess we'll wait to see what happens now. Do the Sens take that 3 million and spend it acquiring someone from say tb?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See. No plan

You are wrong. They already said years ago the plan was to spend to the cap starting in 2020-21. Not sure why you can’t see that? Unparalleled success.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Icing on this 2-day old drafting fruit cake would be if Ottawa somehow convinced Tyler Johnson to waive for here by showering him with praise and ignoring his last 5 years of play and only talking about his play from 2013-15.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Can’t believe nobody has even mentioned not qualifying Hawryluk.

Drives play and possession from the 3rd and 4th line against higher quality opposition. Hard on every zone and has a + shot average. Supreme forechecker.

But somehow the deadzone of Josh Brown is welcome.

Gotcha.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
does Melnyk understand what a cap floor is? are they fine with getting punished with forfeiting draft pics and games played? I'm starting to see we haven't seen the last page in this fiasco.

this team is such a gong show.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:does Melnyk understand what a cap floor is? are they fine with getting punished with forfeiting draft pics and games played? I'm starting to see we haven't seen the last page in this fiasco.

Next year, Kleven’s billet’s from his junior career have a son that is available in the draft. A couple games missed here and there next year might help them get a better draft position. He’s currently not ranked and has never played hockey before, but he is a late birthday and turning 18 just prior to the draft. A real sleeper.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:does Melnyk understand what a cap floor is? are they fine with getting punished with forfeiting draft pics and games played? I'm starting to see we haven't seen the last page in this fiasco.

It won’t be hard to hit the floor however. It is really low and we have enough unsigned RFA’s to get us close enough before we even talk about the ELC’s. I haven’t been to CapF for awhile but I don’t see it being an issue. Doesn’t mean I don’t want extra assets from cap strapped teams for their junk, but just saying the floor isn’t an issue in my opinion. The more draft picks and assets we have can only help us going into the expansion draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:

It won’t be hard to hit the floor however. It is really low and we have enough unsigned RFA’s to get us close enough before we even talk about the ELC’s. I haven’t been to CapF for awhile but I don’t see it being an issue. Doesn’t mean I don’t want extra assets from cap strapped teams for their junk, but just saying the floor isn’t an issue in my opinion. The more draft picks and assets we have can only help us going into the expansion draft.

There might come a point where teams look at us as desperate to make the floor and not worth paying us to give them contracts we won’t really have to pay for.
Ok that’s an exaggeration it where we could have been paid handsomely for taking on a contract we could slip to the point where they say they are also doing is a favour

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

There might come a point where teams look at us as desperate to make the floor and not worth paying us to give them contracts we won’t really have to pay for.
Ok that’s an exaggeration it where we could have been paid handsomely for taking on a contract we could slip to the point where they say they are also doing is a favour

I wouldn't get too excited yet. I think you're underestimating the damage this virus has done on team's finances - and ours was bad to begin with.

I bet Ottawa wants a major sweetener plus retention. Probably all teams do. It's a blink first thing, plus the market needs to be set by someone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See. No plan

You are wrong. They already said years ago the plan was to spend to the cap starting in 2020-21. Not sure why you can’t see that? Unparalleled success.

When he said "twenty twenty one" did he mean the 2020-21 season (which may not start until actual 2021) or the 2021(-22) season?

Pretty sure the number of teams that spend to the cap will be single digits.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
haha if he meant 2021-22 they won't spend to the cap. they'll have Tkachuk's contract to extend but will lose anisimov and nilsson's. more or less a wash

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He meant 21-22. It wasn’t believable, but Covid crushes any hope of that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum