GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Stutzle will be in the NHL if both parties want it. He has an out clause and his team won’t prevent him from leaving. Basically Confirmed* by both his team and the Sens

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I can’t believe josh Anderson gets a better contract than toffoli.

Toffoli to Montreal, 4 years $4.25 million

Duclair definitely isn’t going to get what he’s looking for

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Stutzle will be in the NHL if both parties want it. He has an out clause and his team won’t prevent him from leaving. Basically Confirmed* by both his team and the Sens

Except that clauses have little to do with it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I can’t believe josh Anderson gets a better contract than toffoli.

And didn't Duclair have something like 2 goals in his last 25 games or something ridiculous? He ain't getting paid.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I can’t believe josh Anderson gets a better contract than toffoli.

And didn't Duclair have something like 2 goals in his last 25 games or something ridiculous?  He ain't getting paid.

I’ve been very vocal about Duclair his whole time here. And because of that, I’ve also never once complained when he wasn’t qualified.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Melnyk is suing Ottawa Sun columnist Rick Gibbons for $500K for that article where the claim was that they were charging the Sens Foundation exorbitant rent in order to line Melnyk's pockets with charitable contributions money.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-owner-melnyk-files-500-000-lawsuit-against-ottawa-sun-columnist-1.1538375?tsn-amp

Last edited by wprager on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Melnyk is suing Ottawa Sun columnist Rick Gibbons for $500M for that article where the claim was that they were charging the Sens Foundation exorbitant rent in order to line Melnyk's pockets with charitable contributions money.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-owner-melnyk-files-500-000-lawsuit-against-ottawa-sun-columnist-1.1538375?tsn-amp

500k not M

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lol. $500M. Ottawa Sun may as well buy the franchise

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Oops! Fixed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
To be fair to Melnyk (never thought I'd say that), that article wasn't very well researched. Now, I still have no doubt that Eugene was using his "charity" for some funny business, AND this is just another attempt to scare the Ottawa media into not providing negative coverage.

Heard a rumour the other day that Eugene is trying to borrow more money again...on top of the private loans he's already drawn against the team that have credit card-like interest rates.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
At what point does the guy just cut his losses and sell? Even if his valuation is $500M and he only gets $450M, his salary savings make up most of the difference. The arena is nearing it's end of life expectancy and Lebreton (if it happens) is almost a decade away. Just sell and gtfo of ottawa

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At what point does the guy just cut his losses and sell? Even if his valuation is $500M and he only  gets $450M, his salary savings make up most of the difference. The arena is nearing it's end of life expectancy and Lebreton (if it happens) is almost a decade away. Just sell and gtfo of ottawa

To put it in perspective, the CTC is *younger* than Centre Bell, if only by months. In addition to Ottawa and Montreal, the other arenas built in 1996 are Philly, Buffalo, Tampa and Nashville. "End of life" is a little premature.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:At what point does the guy just cut his losses and sell? Even if his valuation is $500M and he only  gets $450M, his salary savings make up most of the difference. The arena is nearing it's end of life expectancy and Lebreton (if it happens) is almost a decade away. Just sell and gtfo of ottawa

To put it in perspective, the CTC is *younger* than Centre Bell, if only by months.  In addition to Ottawa and Montreal, the other arenas built in 1996 are Philly, Buffalo, Tampa and Nashville.  "End of life" is a little premature.

Those other building are well maintained and are in the downtown core of all of those cities. we're talking about an old stadium in Kanata here... actually I think it's technically in Stittsville? Point I am making is a new stadium is going to cost a fortune.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My buddy compared Melnyk to Trump the other day and I thought it was an apt comparison. A total wannabe big-shot with delusions of grandeur. An egomaniac who just wants the attention and cache that comes with the perceived power they have in their roles. If the rumours are true and Melynk is AGAIN seeking more loans...yikes. I don't think the valuations of the Senators ($600M or whatever they happen to be) take into account the mountains of debt drawn against the team, which is also in the hundreds of millions.

You just know that Bettman would love to be rid of Melnyk and the distractions he constantly causes...but I'm not sure what the market is for a Dung NHL franchise with mountains of debt in the middle of a pandemic. People are not lining up to buy the Sens, and when they do, I'm sure Melnyk is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Basically, we need the Sens to start missing payments to staff/players/creditors/whoever, and then hopefully the league can seize control and sell.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

My buddy compared Melnyk to Trump the other day and I thought it was an apt comparison.  A total wannabe big-shot with delusions of grandeur.  An egomaniac who just wants the attention and cache that comes with the perceived power they have in their roles.  If the rumours are true and Melynk is AGAIN seeking more loans...yikes.  I don't think the valuations of the Senators ($600M or whatever they happen to be) take into account the mountains of debt drawn against the team, which is also in the hundreds of millions.

You just know that Bettman would love to be rid of Melnyk and the distractions he constantly causes...but I'm not sure what the market is for a Dung NHL franchise with mountains of debt in the middle of a pandemic.  People are not lining up to buy the Sens, and when they do, I'm sure Melnyk is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Basically, we need the Sens to start missing payments to staff/players/creditors/whoever, and then hopefully the league can seize control and sell.  
well the league already had to get involved in paying the coaches this summer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
https://financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/the-master-plan-biotech-player-turned-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-faces-off-against-covid-19

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:

My buddy compared Melnyk to Trump the other day and I thought it was an apt comparison.  A total wannabe big-shot with delusions of grandeur.  An egomaniac who just wants the attention and cache that comes with the perceived power they have in their roles.  If the rumours are true and Melynk is AGAIN seeking more loans...yikes.  I don't think the valuations of the Senators ($600M or whatever they happen to be) take into account the mountains of debt drawn against the team, which is also in the hundreds of millions.

You just know that Bettman would love to be rid of Melnyk and the distractions he constantly causes...but I'm not sure what the market is for a Dung NHL franchise with mountains of debt in the middle of a pandemic.  People are not lining up to buy the Sens, and when they do, I'm sure Melnyk is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Basically, we need the Sens to start missing payments to staff/players/creditors/whoever, and then hopefully the league can seize control and sell.  

I support trading for 100 more Josh Brown’s if it leads to Melnyk leaving sooner.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/the-master-plan-biotech-player-turned-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-faces-off-against-covid-19

I feel so...dirty...after reading that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum