GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Phaneuf waived his NTC to come here, then didn't waive it to risk going to Vegas. Did Zaitsev have an NTC as well? Zub could have gone to some other club. O'Connor was highly sought after and picked Ottawa over several other teams.

Thanks for proving my opinion 4 times over.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what he was going for there....

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Phaneuf waived his NTC to come here, then didn't waive it to risk going to Vegas. Did Zaitsev have an NTC as well? Zub could have gone to some other club. O'Connor was highly sought after and picked Ottawa over several other teams.

I 100% agree a place like Tampa, LA or New York are more desirable destinations than Ottawa but I would argue Ottawa is more desirable than a lot of other places in the league, and people who have been drafted here have all expressed genuine interest in staying.

Ownership is an issue here but players who have signed here are getting paid. Plus they are on the road for half the season anyway.

Ottawa's inability to land marquee UFAs is likely due to the cost of signing UFAs long-term. It doesn't make sense. Tavares is going to make $11M when he's 34/35 years old.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Didn't McDavid say being drafted by the Senators would be an absolute dream come true?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Didn't McDavid say being drafted by the Senators would be an absolute dream come true?

Vertigo

Probably. And if he was born in 2003 instead of 1997 he would have said it would be an absolute dream to be drafted by Seattle.

I’m sure you get my point and opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what he was going for there....

And what point was that? Since I did not quote any post how do you know what I was responding to?  I don't think it was anyone, specifically, but the general feeling that no player ever wants to come to Ottawa.

If you want a specific quote, perhaps this one applies:

Just remember that there are probably 70 fairly decent players the have some form of NTC. They won’t waive for Ottawa most likely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Didn't McDavid say being drafted by the Senators would be an absolute dream come true?

Vertigo

Probably. And if he was born in 2003 instead of 1997 he would have said it would be an absolute dream to be drafted by Seattle.

I’m sure you get my point and opinion.

Again, I was not replying to your post. I didn't actually quote anyone's post but this was in response to what DWC said. It was just a tongue-in-cheek reply how what players say in the press (especially when asked by the local press on the prospect of playing here) does but necessarily mirror how they feel.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Ontario Labour Relations Board case of Capital Sports' pilot Llewella Morgan vs. Capital Sports. Travis Yost tweeted this link out. It's a hilarious read if you have the time:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlrb/doc/2020/2020canlii14449/2020canlii14449.html?resultIndex=1

Capital Sports tried to shaft this lady out of $13,000ish by claiming she wasn't an employee of Capital Sports......but she had a signed employment agreement with Capital Sports Laughing3 Laugh1 Vertigo Facepalm

It also sheds some light on how sketchy and cross-contaminated Melynk's business dealings are.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The "lady" is Melnyk's ex pilot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/senators-continue-to-battle-melnyks-ex-pilot-over-dollar13000-despite-labour-board-ruling/ar-BB10sXTa

Sounds like Melnyk was pissed that she quit.  She signed on for $130K/year and the expectation of 12 days/month, but found that she was averaging 19 days, so she tendered her resignation.  My guess is that there was a little back-and-forth before that final step.

$13K is peanuts compared to the cost of fighting it.  What a dumbass.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interestingly, the Sens get a 4.1 rating (out of 5) on Indeed, while OSEG is only 3.6. 4.1 is actually pretty good.

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Ottawa-Senators-Hockey-Club/reviews

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Oseg/reviews

There's also separate reviews for Ottawa Senators (4.5):

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Ottawa-Senators/reviews

There is nothing for "Capital Sports and Entertainment" -- looks like there may have been some name change(s).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, Capital Sports and Entertainment is the top-level company (headquartered in Texas) and Ottawa Senators Hockey Club is a subsidiary. Not sure where Ottawa Senators (w/o "Hockey Club") fits in. It's very likely this is just an Indeed "construct" where some reviewers entered the full name and others used the shortened version, resulting in two review profiles.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The "lady" is Melnyk's ex pilot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/senators-continue-to-battle-melnyks-ex-pilot-over-dollar13000-despite-labour-board-ruling/ar-BB10sXTa

Sounds like Melnyk was pissed that she quit.  She signed on for $130K/year and the expectation of 12 days/month, but found that she was averaging 19 days, so she tendered her resignation.  My guess is that there was a little back-and-forth before that final step.

All it cost her was her time. And probably not that much time. She represented herself and all she had to do was provide emails and documents provided to her by Capital Sports.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:The "lady" is Melnyk's ex pilot:

All it cost her was her time.  And probably not that much time. She represented herself and all she had to do was provide emails and documents provided to her by Capital Sports. The only dumbass here is you for calling her a dumbass for fighting for her $13K.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think he meant Melnyk is the dumbass

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ha! I think you're right. My apologies Walter...assuming you meant Melnyk was the dumbass. Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Ha!  I think you're right.  My apologies Walter...assuming you meant Melnyk was the dumbass. Laughing3

A safe assumption.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

came across our old pal SSF on twitter with a hilarious sarcastic thread

https://twitter.com/SeawaySensFan/status/1270741153781088259

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SSF should smarten up and get back here where he belongs.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t understand the thread. I’m missing something about back story or maybe in my brain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum