GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 66]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

It’s going to be a very unpredictable season across the board due to Covid

Dorion all but confirmed byfield or stutzle will be picked at 3, so I bet either one will be on the roster to start if they are allowed to be

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

Dorion all but confirmed byfield or stutzle will be picked at 3, so I bet either one will be on the roster to start if they are allowed to be

Starting Byfield in the NHL is mistake #1

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
He couldn't keep up with 18 and 19 year olds at the WJHC. He's not ready for NHL minutes

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

We'll see what happens. I dunno if they'll have the regular "10 game" rule for junior eligible players...if they do, there's no real harm in giving him a few games. Our team will be crud either way, at least let's see the blue chippers play a bit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

We'll see what happens.  I dunno if they'll have the regular "10 game" rule for junior eligible players...if they do, there's no real harm in giving him a few games.  Our team will be crud either way, at least let's see the blue chippers play a bit.

They most likely will. There is zero harm in trying him out right away. He will have had 9-10 months of strength training and conditioning, and will likely be playing in the WJC before the NHL starts so you can really gauge his progress there. Remember how good Laf was at the WJC - that could be Byfield, with the difference being he can go to the NHL after and not the CHL. We'll see.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:

Can you expand on “all but confirmed”? I missed a bunch of his talk.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Basically everyone knows what we will do at 3 since there is a clear top 3, we will take whoever Kings don't take, it's not secret

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Basically everyone knows what we will do at 3 since there is a clear top 3, we will take whoever Kings don't take, it's not secret

Ok, so our top secret gm is publicly “saying” there is a top 3? Did you ever think that maybe he’s trying to play the team that drafts before him? There is zero advantage to Dorion playing his hand like you believe he is. Maybe he is playing along and pretending that 2 and 3 are so closely ranked that LA really can’t go wrong and maybe they should just draft the guy that they need more positionally and that is the LW of Stutzle? Now I know Dorion is far from a smart man, but him saying whatever you are reading into, could just be what he wants ultimately LA to believe.

I fail to believe that the flaws I’ve noticed and other people are starting to see as well, are a top 2-3 talent in a draft class that is heavy to 11. That’s just me.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Who says no?

Logan Brown and our 2nd for Lias Andersson and K’Andre Miller?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Ok, so our top secret gm is publicly “saying” there is a top 3? Did you ever think that maybe he’s trying to play the team that drafts before him? There is zero advantage to Dorion playing his hand like you believe he is. Maybe he is playing along and pretending that 2 and 3 are so closely ranked that LA really can’t go wrong and maybe they should just draft the guy that they need more positionally and that is the LW of Stutzle? Now I know Dorion is far from a smart man, but him saying whatever you are reading into, could just be what he wants ultimately LA to believe.

I fail to believe that the flaws I’ve noticed and other people are starting to see as well, are a top 2-3 talent in a draft class that is heavy to 11. That’s just me.

Believe what you want to believe. I’m not arguing this again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He couldn't keep up with 18 and 19 year olds at the WJHC. He's not ready for NHL minutes

That was a year ago (or will be by the time the NHL season starts).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Might be better to use the Isles 1st instead.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Believe what you want to believe. I’m not arguing this again.

Jinxies

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Might be better to use the Isles 1st instead.

For?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:Who says no?

Logan Brown and our 2nd for Lias Andersson and K’Andre Miller?

This

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:

For?

I'm assuming Lagoon is amending his Logan Brown + 2nd for Lias Andersson + K'Andre Miller to use the 28th overall.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

For?

I'm assuming Lagoon is amending his Logan Brown + 2nd for Lias Andersson + K'Andre Miller to use the 28th overall.

28th overall is only like 5 spots higher than our own second. I'd be okay either way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum