GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

am i reading that right? we need to spend 18 million to get to the cap floor?

i think we could probably spend internally 12-14 million internally on RFA's but that's 4 more million that can either go by taking on a bad LTIR contract or something else done.
something will have to happen.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:am i reading that right? we need to spend 18 million to get to the cap floor?

i think we could probably spend internally 12-14 million internally on RFA's but that's 4 more million that can either go by taking on a bad LTIR contract or something else done.
something will have to happen.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll sign a couple aging vets with something to prove, like Tyler Ennis or Ron Hainsey types. Or maybe taking on a goalie with a bigger contract. Who knows.

Apparently the Sens won't name a captain again this coming season. Not a huge shock I guess and at this point I don't care.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens just "unveiled" their new logo in the most anti-climactic way ever...a press release.

Total Dung organization as usual. Oh, the logo is just the old 2D logo, which is fine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Friedman suggesting there is a for for Boro in FLA. I can see it. FLA defense is garbage and he will be a cheap addition on a team looking to shed salary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Sens just "unveiled" their new logo in the most anti-climactic way ever...a press release.  

Total Dung organization as usual.  Oh, the logo is just the old 2D logo, which is fine.

yeah, I saw that. apparently, the real reveal is on the first day of the draft.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but i was never a fan of that logo. I actually preferred the 3D one.

To be honest i was hoping that we could have gotten to those cream-colored jerseys with the O's we had used. those were amazing looking.

I know that a portion of the fan base will be happy about this.

maybe the team can rebrand with something new yet classically looking when the day new ownership comes in.

hopefully, this grows on me. let's see the jerseys I guess...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Sens just "unveiled" their new logo in the most anti-climactic way ever...a press release.  

Total Dung organization as usual.  Oh, the logo is just the old 2D logo, which is fine.

yeah, I saw that. apparently, the real reveal is on the first day of the draft.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but i was never a fan of that logo. I actually preferred the 3D one.

To be honest i was hoping that we could have gotten to those cream-colored jerseys with the O's we had used. those were amazing looking.

I know that a portion of the fan base will be happy about this.

maybe the team can rebrand with something new yet classically looking when the day new ownership comes in.

hopefully, this grows on me. let's see the jerseys I guess...

I think the jerseys are going to be nearly identical to the old ones as well. It's near impossible to come up with a logo these days that will be universally accepted as "good", so I don't mind going back to the 2D one. I'm with you, I don't think it's very good either. And most people 20 years ago also didn't feel that way, but apparently time going by has made us nostalgic. I also would've preferred the black and cream O jerseys.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:If there is no solution to the covid situation the NHL might have little choice but cancel the season.  It's one thing to do the playoffs without fans, since there are no player salaries to worry about and, of course, the number of teams and games is greatly limited. HRR was a little over $5B and tv revenues accounted for around $800M. The rest is primarily tickets, concessions and parking, merchandise, advertising, licensing. There will be some additional revenue from increased streaming subs and a little more advertising revenue as people flick to the YouTube game summaries, but there won't be any new tv deals this season and no Olympics boost this season. Licensing from online betting could be substantial but unlikely to bridge the gap sufficiently. There will be owners - and not just Melnyk - who will not be able to meet payroll after a couple months of no in person hockey. If there is still no viable vaccine, what then?

i really don't know.
some players could opt to go play overseas.
In theory, there could be an agreement taken where profits/salaries are slashed by a % of what revenues are expected to be minus attendance if they want to play without crowds.
i doubt this is how they do it but if it's that or an entire season, i'm not sure what they would go for. maybe they do cancel the season if there are absolutely no vaccine in sight by December.
But IMO, there is a vaccine in sight.

There won't be vaccine and infrastructure enough to cover sports fans this year she likely the following year as well

On the other hand we already have a cheap, quick test (strip of paper you place in your mouth then get results in 5 minutes, like a pregnancy test). The test can be manufactured in volume for well under $1. South Korea is the biggest producer but many other countries are doing it, including a company in Canada. Check out @michaelmina_lab on Twitter and rapidtests.org for details.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The new logo is outstanding and a clear win for the fans. That’s the logo that we had when we were perennial contenders. The O logo and jersey was never going to be good as a primary.

Also I thought this site was shut down lol. Gmhockey.com doesn’t work anymore

Last edited by Ev on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Total Dung organization as usual. Oh, the logo is just the old 2D logo, which is fine.

It’s because they weren’t planning on releasing just the logo but the nhl asked them to after all the stupid leaks happened

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I have issues with the "O". It's a zero and there's just no way around it. None. As in *zero* ways around it. And the "heritage white" just looks dirty and not as crisp as I would prefer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I have issues with the "O". It's a zero and there's just no way around it. None. As in *zero* ways around it. And the  "heritage white" just looks dirty and not as crisp as I would prefer.

It’s a perfect jersey. Heritage white should be aged and dirty. Beautiful O too. If it is a 0, I give 0 fu*ks

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Dorion is speaking to the media today at 11. Not sure where to find it (Team 1200?) but I imagine he answers none of our questions and tows the line on why none of our RFAs have been signed.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

He’ll pump all the picks he has and all the opportunity to do whatever he feels fits their plan. He will mention there has been lots of interest in his picks and that there is no better time to be a fan of the team. Probably mention how their many scouts have been working overtime for months and not mention anything about them not being paid or how few scouts they actually have. One European scout on their entire team is lowest in the league, tied with Arizona. Luckily, you won’t have to see his smug face if you just listen on the radio.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

He’s done in English. Happy with what he said? Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:He’s done in English. Happy with what he said? Facepalm
Sure. Why not? I'm a fan of his work so far. Not a fan of the owner and budget.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

It’s going to be a very unpredictable season across the board due to Covid

Dorion all but confirmed byfield or stutzle will be picked at 3, so I bet either one will be on the roster to start if they are allowed to be

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like they won't be doing anything in free agency and will be looking internally to fill gaps. Brown, Norris, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Wolanin, Brann will be given real shots this year. Going to be a rough season. At least it might be exciting hockey

It’s going to be a very unpredictable season across the board due to Covid

Dorion all but confirmed byfield or stutzle will be picked at 3, so I bet either one will be on the roster to start if they are allowed to be

Starting Byfield in the NHL is mistake #1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum