GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Imagine trading Pageau and a 2nd for Greig and Kleven. Not looking so good anymore is it?

We'll see in a few years.  I feel that's obvious

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Imagine trading Pageau and a 2nd for Greig and Kleven. Not looking so good anymore is it?

You are really going all-in on this well advertised plan by the Sens to be good in the year 2029.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

Besides, Pageau wasn't resigning here.

And why is that? Why does every even semi-decent player close to being a UFA not want to sign here? Retaining talent seems essential to success to me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

PTFlea wrote:

You are really going all-in on this well advertised plan by the Sens to be good in the year 2029.

They'll be back in the playoffs in 2-3 years, but not competing for a cup any time soon. And that's assuming another year of tanking, huge leaps in prospect development, good scouting, and the ability to retain talent. I have my doubts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I may be alone in this, but I have huge expectations for Colin White this year. He was playing injured last year and seemed to get on a good roll come the end of the season. Almost a year to recover from his injuries, and apparently (cannot confirm) he's put in a lot of muscle this off-season.

I can see him playing a big role with Tkachuk and Norris on the top-line this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

PTFlea wrote:

They'll be back in the playoffs in 2-3 years, but not competing for a cup any time soon. And that's assuming another year of tanking, huge leaps in prospect development, good scouting, and the ability to retain talent. I have my doubts.

I think they'll be back in the playoffs after this upcoming season - or at least right there, then they'll begin their ascension as one of the top teams in the league. The problem is no one trusts Melnyk to spend money when the time comes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I may be alone in this, but I have huge expectations for Colin White this year. He was playing injured last year and seemed to get on a good roll come the end of the season. Almost a year to recover from his injuries, and apparently (cannot confirm) he's put in a lot of muscle this off-season.

I can see him playing a big role with Tkachuk and Norris on the top-line this year.

Seems like something that could happen, yeah. He needs his confidence back ASAP, so that right side with them might help.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I may be alone in this, but I have huge expectations for Colin White this year. He was playing injured last year and seemed to get on a good roll come the end of the season. Almost a year to recover from his injuries, and apparently (cannot confirm) he's put in a lot of muscle this off-season.

I have the total opposite feelings about Colin White and think he's at BEST a 3rd line centre. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:

I have the total opposite feelings about Colin White and think he's at BEST a 3rd line centre.  I really hope he proves me wrong though.

I don't think he's a permanent top-line fixture but do think he'll work well as a complementary player to Tkachuk and Norris as a defensive forward on an otherwise offensively focused first line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

I have the total opposite feelings about Colin White and think he's at BEST a 3rd line centre.  I really hope he proves me wrong though.

I don't think he's a permanent top-line fixture but do think he'll work well as a complementary player to Tkachuk and Norris as a defensive forward on an otherwise offensively focused first line.

So you have him on the wing with Norris at centre? Colin White earned his contract and played well when he was with...Mark Stone. Mark Stone made a bunch of players a bunch of money. I would want Tkachuk with a couple of skilled offensive players...we'll see how it all shakes out though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

So you have him on the wing with Norris at centre?  Colin White earned his contract and played well when he was with...Mark Stone.  Mark Stone made a bunch of players a bunch of money.  I would want Tkachuk with a couple of skilled offensive players...we'll see how it all shakes out though.

They were paying for White's potential, not because of what he did with Stone.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

So you have him on the wing with Norris at centre?  Colin White earned his contract and played well when he was with...Mark Stone.  Mark Stone made a bunch of players a bunch of money.  I would want Tkachuk with a couple of skilled offensive players...we'll see how it all shakes out though.

They were paying for White's potential, not because of what he did with Stone.

Pretty sure it was a combination of both. There is potential there, but I think he has major confidence issues in addition to being incredibly dumb.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think the majority on NHLers are incredibly dumb. At least White has two years of college behind him unlike some guys that go straight from the CHL to pro (and may not even graduate high school?).

Anyway - I think he'll do well in that position. Worst case he slides down the lineup and becomes a two-way defensive forward. I'm not worried about him.

I haven't heard much about Logan Brown this off-season in terms of his training (aside from working with a skating coach) but close to a year off has to be good for a guy who's growing into a massive frame and has had injury issues. I expect him to come into camp ready to go and be an impact player. Needs to work on his compete level though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i think the best landing spot for white would be on the wing on the 2nd line down the road. you definitely want to put him with some talented players to get him going. 
the best fit might be to start on the 3rd line with Logan Brown and Stutzle/forementon. 
i realize that's a very green line but we're going to be a very green team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:i think the best landing spot for white would be on the wing on the 2nd line down the road. you definitely want to put him with some talented players to get him going. 
the best fit might be to start on the 3rd line with Logan Brown and Stutzle/forementon. 
i realize that's a very green line but we're going to be a very green team.

It's a tough thing to figure out what lines will work best. I'm not sure I want White playing with Stueztle if White's still struggling mightily offensively. Until I see Logan Brown actually do something in the NHL, I'm not sure he's an NHL player.... Here's hoping some things start clicking.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I know little about how these young Sens have looked. I have no opinion on chemistry, potential lines or development.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So the Sens have signed Evgenii Dadonov for 3 years, $15M.  He's scored 25 goals-ish every year the past 3 years, so this actually isn't terrible. Apparently he's good on the PP.

In true Melynk fashion, it's $3.5M salary next year, $5M the year after, and $6.5M in 22/23.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Don't know much about Dadonov but it seems like a good signing for a 60+ point player. The Duclair in Ottawa saga is over. Dadonov instantly becomes our best RW. Good signing, I think.

Seems like the kind of guys that will be exposed to Seattle given the salary structure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Damn totally unexpected. Great move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum