GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on  a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

I don’t even know if Jaros figures on the long term plans of the org. He may be passed by in a hurry.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on  a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

I don’t even know if Jaros figures on the long term plans of the org. He may be passed by in a hurry.

You think? You may be right with Lassi and JBD being our premier RHD. And when wolanin is back, maybe they move Brann to the right to fill that gap. Lots of option I suppose

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You think? You may be right with Lassi and JBD being our premier RHD. And when wolanin is back, maybe they move Brann to the right to fill that gap. Lots of option I suppose

I personally want to be cautious pencilling anyone that hasn’t played a pro game in NA as a top 4 guy. Especially late 1st rounders.

That said, I expect at least one of those two to wind up being a top 4. But I don’t want to say it’s a certainty that both are.
I still feel our depth at the RHD position could be improved.
I’m not sure what to say about Brannstrom. He says he likes the right side but is that the best decision for him and this team?
A left side of chabot and Brannstrom down the road is pretty fantastic.especially with a wolanin that can move on up into the top 4 if need be. That’s an area of strength.i was saying this summer how I didn’t see how wolanin was in the long term plans of the org but now I hope he is. I think he could be top 4 and to have him play bottom to top 4is great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Starting to wonder about Jaros as well.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Bobby to the dressing room ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shake it off quickly, it happens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Shake it off quickly, it happens

It’s gonna happen again this year. It’s to be expected.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's the issue with Nilsson, spectacular for 3 games or so, then a stinker. Almost like clockwork

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Much needed loss. Don't want this team to get over-confident. We're a bottom three team...

- Sens should really consider moving Brannstrom down to the AHL. His confidence is shot and I'd hate for him to be our next Lazar. I'd be calling up Jordan Murray - Lajoie hasn't done anything down there this season.

- It's evident that Bobby Ryan is done. He brings nothing to the table anymore. I thought maybe he's be okay on the powerplay but he won't shoot from the blueline and he's too slow to react to turnovers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, learning from Hainsey is one thing, but I want him to develop his offence. I don't get this decision personally.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Much needed loss. Don't want this team to get over-confident. We're a bottom three team...

- Sens should really consider moving Brannstrom down to the AHL. His confidence is shot and I'd hate for him to be our next Lazar. I'd be calling up Jordan Murray - Lajoie hasn't done anything down there this season.

- It's evident that Bobby Ryan is done. He brings nothing to the table anymore. I thought maybe he's be okay on the powerplay but he won't shoot from the blueline and he's too slow to react to turnovers.

Murray does not have a contract

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hell yes, Brown back tomorrow to center Tkachuk and Duclair presumably.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

When is Wolanin due back? January?
And Balcers? December?

Edit: Apparently Balcers was sent down to Belleville for conditioning.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When is Wolanin due back? January?
And Balcers? December?

Isn’t wolanin actually on a two way on his first year of his contract? I imagine he starts off in Belleville to get going. They could use him down there. They’re pretty thin on quality D

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
And Balcers? December?

Isn’t wolanin actually on a two way on his first year of his contract? I imagine he starts off in Belleville to get going. They could use him down there. They’re pretty thin on quality D

I was thinking sending Brann down and leaving him there until the deadline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
And Balcers? December?

I was thinking sending Brann down and leaving him there until the deadline.

no, totally. i think Brann could benefit from doing some up and downs this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't seen anything special from Brannstrom in the first five, and nothing since then. Complete waste of his time. He's not developing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum