GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It was a bit of a snooze-fest of a game...

Might be a good idea to send Brannstrom down for a couple games, but people seem to not like that idea.  He seems OK out there, but I think we'd like him to put up some points and get some confidence back.

Yeah, who knows. I'm not sure why he started in the NHL in a lost year. They must think he's benefiting from playing with hainsey and watching chabot I guess.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I've said this before but I'm very impressed with the coaching so far. Night and day between last few years.

Yeah, agreed. DJ seems like an energetic guy that brings a lot of enthusiasm to the position, which is something Guy Boucher probably lost a lot of towards the end.

You can sometimes catch glimpses of DJ smiling and joking with the players on the bench.

All this to say, it's probably easier to coach and make decisions like benching Bobby Ryan when you have zero expectations for this season other than helping the kids develop.

Looks like this might've been a good pick by Dorion, but it's still way too early to tell for sure.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It was a bit of a snooze-fest of a game...

Might be a good idea to send Brannstrom down for a couple games, but people seem to not like that idea.  He seems OK out there, but I think we'd like him to put up some points and get some confidence back.

Yeah, who knows.  I'm not sure why he started in the NHL in a lost year.  They must think he's benefiting from playing with hainsey and watching chabot I guess.

Do you place him in a situation where’s he’s the best Dman and ahead of his peers or do you keep him in a situation where he can learn from his peers in a tougher environment.

It’s a tough situation. I’d normally say we should use caution but I don’t know.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Anismov on the IR again groin problems

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

White centering bath and abramov in belleville

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White 2 assists, batherson 3 points, abramov 2 in an OT loss.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

White called back up today

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 goals in 20 seconds for batherson last night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If White plays I guess Bobby still sits?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Every play Davidsson makes is good right now. The kid looks great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yet another game that was not in my lineup. I've got SNet-East and SNet-O but with the Leafs and Habs playing those were both used up. Oh, well, at least I got to watch the first at the gym.

Good win. Nilsson was great. Pageau is pricing himself out of Ottawa Sad Brady with the Sand People celly at the end. Finally beat Reimer at the CTC.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah lol, it really was the sand people caelly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Super impressed by just about everyone last night. That 4th line looked awesome . The unfortunate part is there simply isn't enough room for all the guys im rooting for on the roster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Super impressed by just about everyone last night. That 4th line looked awesome . The unfortunate part is there simply isn't enough room for all the guys im rooting for on the roster.

And the roster is bottom heavy at this point looking at our prospects. Hopefully this next draft fixes that.

I expect Pageau to be dealt before the trade deadline for a 1st +.
He can definitely put a contender over the top. He’s that type of player.

In the medium term in Ottawa he can be replaced.

I expect Dorion to make a move with some of these young guy between now and the start of next season for an upgrade on the blue line right side.
I imagine they will trade Demelo.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Don't forget we have Norris who is making a dent on Belleville in his first pro season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on  a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

I don’t even know if Jaros figures on the long term plans of the org. He may be passed by in a hurry.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:De Melo and hainsey may both be gone. Jaros could step in on  a bottom pairing but they'll definitely need someone to play on the second pairing until JBD is ready

I don’t even know if Jaros figures on the long term plans of the org. He may be passed by in a hurry.

You think? You may be right with Lassi and JBD being our premier RHD. And when wolanin is back, maybe they move Brann to the right to fill that gap. Lots of option I suppose

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum